TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

+12
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Eques tenebrarum
lethalityComplex
XGeass
Maverick Entity
Zeldaman2.0
Aesoth
khfreak358
NebulaGregarZX
Haar_Dragon
Malakili007
AKeybladeYouSay
16 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 28 Empty Re: Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:21 am

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 28 Kingdo10

Imma just leave this here. Thought it was kind of funny and thought I should share.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 28 Empty Re: Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

Post  PsychoticDoctor Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:04 am

"C'mon Xion, don't you trust us?!"

"To be honest...no."
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:23 am

To be honest, I was thinking more along these lines.

"Count the chairs. When have we ever been more than thirteen?"

Xion: ...I think I'm okay with that right now.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:19 pm

So I've been playing Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. And for the most part it's awesome and fun. Until the camera happens. Like seriously, is it that hard to achieve a camera that ISN'T an object and DOESN'T get caught on things?! I mean, it rarely happens, and it typically resolves pretty quickly, but hot diggety damn.

Oh, and Chao are the most adorable thing ever.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:15 pm

The camera was never a problem for me, I don't think... usually it was the fact that I have it on Steam, and don't have a controller that I can plug into my laptop, so I have to use the keyboard, which isn't terribly conducive to playing the game. Oh, and the final levels are kind of hellish. Just kinda.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:54 pm

Kind of? The ones where you're inside ARK (Tails and Sonic) are the epitome of "fuck you" game design. I can't rant about it fluently right now, but I'll do them again later and see if I can dredge up something.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:27 am

Well, in Sonic's last level, Final Rush, there's a bit of "F*ck you, game" design in there. As in, you can skip a pretty large amount of level if you're willing to take certain risks and aim your jumps carefully.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:23 am

This reminds me of the time I was at a friend's house a couple months ago and he decided to see how well I could handle a straight play through of SAB2. A lot of fun was had that day. Sadly, I don't think we ever reached the final levels where the fun probably would have stopped. Good God, I hated the last levels that Sonic and Shadow had, at least from what I remember. Of course that isn't much considering I haven't played through the game entirely in years.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Location : The Ancient World that I have cremated and seeded with Metal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:01 am

Final Rush was fine for me. It was basically old school gaming: rote memorization, and making sure that you're halfway competent at rail grinding (which, admittedly, is kinda "fuck you") but other than that I had a lot of fun doing it.

Did any one else do the Chao garden stuff?
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:24 am

I actually didn't, probably mostly because I'm not terribly into it. I'm a bit too impatient for it.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:56 pm

I remember spending a lot of time on the Chao garden many a year ago. I kind of regret it, but oh well.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:35 am

I recall making a broken chao that was a god at swimming and most other things.  Named him after myself, and he literally fit into no categories of chao type, despite all the evolutions/rebirths. 

Spent way too much time in the garden whenever I played with my cousin.
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity
Gunamnex, the Commemoratio de Fortuna

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:17 am

As of yesterday, I have completed Persona 3 Portable! Twice! ...I was THIS close to getting a Max Social Link Run and Orpheus Telos, but, ah... one more cycle.

See, since I did so well with my second run, which was with the Female Route, I built up this weird continuity in my head where the first run's Minato Arisato regretted his decisions over the year and turned back time so that a female proxy, Minako Arisato, could try to succeed where he failed. I kept imagining his ghost appearing in various scenes, especially ones that were altered because he wasn't, like Yukari's Rank 10 scene.

It's mostly successful, since she saved a certain person, got to help everybody, and generally crushed the opposition, even fusing Personas that had been forgotten in the original run (such as Messiah and Odin) and basically nearly getting 100% completion.

So of course he decides to do it all over again for himself. I started a new cycle as Yuki Makoto; partially just to get me used to the name, but also to give it the feeling of a fresh start.

...Sorry to spout all this nonsense in the middle of the Chao discussion. It's just that I've always been the type to put some imagination into playing games, like deciding what a particular character must be thinking, or saying something in particular in certain fights, like Akihiko taking down Takaya. So of course I ended up making up a continuity in my head based around my runs of P3P.

I meant to post this yesterday, but, y'know... eh.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:23 am

I feel ya. And honestly, that's how a lot of good ideas are born: taking something basic and adding your own imagination to it. Even if it's something simple, like boundaries in an early video game, I tried to come up with a reason for it. Like Pokemon: I wanted to know why those little hills blocked my path and seemed to have stuff hidden behind them, so I figured that that was were all the super strong and secret pokemon were, and if I went there I could find them. I was half-right in a way: turns out one patch of grass hides a wild Prof. Oak!
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:58 am

Yeah. The more basic the game, the more room for imagination. If a game is so complete that there's nothing left to the imagination, then it's pretty amazing. But for the people who lack such imagination, when things are left to your own interpretation, they tend to think it's just boring. I liked Final Fantasy III, even though it didn't have anything incredibly special, and there wasn't a lot of character development. It was simple; that left room to imagine things like running dialogue as the party traversed dungeons, or fought monsters, or even just explored towns and talked to people.

It's a lot of fun.

...And this concept is why Nuzlocke Comics exist. People become attached when they take the challenge, and imagine an entire story of their own within the game. They want to share that story, and they draw it out for other people. Perhaps that's why I feel drawn to that challenge, and to the comics and stories that come of it... they reek of pure imagination and creativity. There's a reason Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was my favorite movie when I was a kid. Actually, a lot of reasons, but the context-specific reason being the song "Pure Imagination".
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:04 am

Thank you for reminding me I need to download that song, but aside from that, I really think that the best game would be a game that allows you to use your creativity endlessly through a basic, simple game.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:32 pm

Hence why today things like minecraft, animal crossing, etc. are so popular, because they draw partially on that mentality.

I just play monster hunter right now.  I could get the consoles, could get all the games, but none of them will hold me down for as long.
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:59 pm

Ah Monster Hunter, one of the few good things Capcom has left. Haven't played Ultimate in so long I feel kind of bad. Although, I don't think I've killed everything yet or made all the armors I've wanted. And yet, other games take priority.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:57 am

To quote one MH youtuber, "Capcom could drop everything but monster hunter, and still be swimming in pools of gold."

The key to longevity in MH is the desire sensor, all hail.
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:35 am

MH4 better come out here. It's looking really good from what little I've seen of it.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:22 am

Are any of them for 3DS, and if so does it suffer any for being a port?
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:42 pm

Currently, there's Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the 3DS and no, it doesn't suffer from being a port. The only thing it can't do that the Wii-U version can do is connect online. It still has local multiplayer.

Also, Monster Hunter 4 will be for the 3DS as well.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:00 am

Also, the wii u one is more of the port really.  Dem water textures...Razz 

If you can solo the entire game's quests on a 3ds, you are better than the majority of us on the Wii U.

I thought about picking it up on the 3DS as well, but I just am so wonky with handling it.
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:52 am

There's really no reason to get the 3DS version if you have the Wii U version aside from portability, considering the Wii U has actual online and all. If I was in my Monster Hunting Prime and had gotten the equipment I sought, I could probably solo every quest, of course, that's just a "could". I have not played that game in months.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:11 pm

I just found the greatest playthrough of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. The guy's going as far as recording the PSP version, putting up translation text, and even tips on playing. Of course, it looks like he's mostly re-using the original PSX translation, but still, the interface is a lot better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAFIBtP9bbg

The drawbacks would be that the episodes are pretty long, and I have no clue if it's completed yet: it was started in August of this year, so it's been going for about four months. That's actually enough to beat a Persona game: I know, I beat P3P's Female Route in that much time. Of course, P2 is a different beast altogether, not running on the P3/4 calendar system, and playing out more like your typical RPG, so it's even shorter than that. But the editing process might cause delays in episodes being posted.

Plus, in early episodes, he uses annotations more due to difficulty with the editing equipment. This may be solved later on. I'm going to check his channel and see how much he's gotten done... Ah, that's a real buzzkill. He's only done three episodes, and the last one was out two months ago. Well, on the plus side, that means he's due for another one soon. Or he's abandoned the project. Or he's just trying to get his equipment to do what he wants it, and it takes longer to edit everything in than to put up annotations.

At least he's trying his best. I'm looking forward to this playthrough's completion.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next