TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

+12
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Eques tenebrarum
lethalityComplex
XGeass
Maverick Entity
Zeldaman2.0
Aesoth
khfreak358
NebulaGregarZX
Haar_Dragon
Malakili007
AKeybladeYouSay
16 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 15 Empty Re: Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

Post  khfreak358 Fri May 24, 2013 12:28 pm

I'm assuming you're talking about an emulator and not Virtual Console as I'd originally guessed.

Also, Nebula, Doom in reverse sounds kind of amazing. "Hell gets invaded by aliens." I would play the sh*t out of that game.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 15 Empty Re: Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri May 24, 2013 3:45 pm

Well, what I meant by "in reverse" was a bit more skewed. And I meant that a game called "mooD" sounds like it would be boring. Probably because my own mood at the time was tired-as-hell. Which kinda explains why I went off on that tangent...

Alright, well good luck with Earthbound. Mega Man X, though? Personally, I find Velgaurder annoying, but beatable. Sigma, not really too tough. Giant Velgaurder Mech Sigma? Pretty tough. It really helps to have four full Sub Tanks on hand, and all the Armor enhancements. Basically, if you've collected everything and prepared for the fight, you should be fine. If you just learn the patterns for the first two fights carefully, you can win without trouble. The third form, though, can only be hurt by fully-charged blasts and the Rolling Shield weapon (uncharged, of course, as that would be a primarily defensive ability). If you have at least three full Sub-Tanks by the third phase, you should be alright, so long as you don't do anything too crazy, or act too slowly.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Fri May 24, 2013 7:00 pm

Holy hell I've only ever emulated Mega Man X, but that game is fun. Final boss is kinda an asshole though. Took quite a while for me to actually find a good strategy for beating him.

Also, so much love for all of the weapons...lolshotgunice vs Spark Mandril. It can kill him before he can so much as hit you.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Fri May 24, 2013 8:19 pm

My favorite is the Flame Wave. Great weapon for crowd-clearing. Only drawback is you have to beat the elephant to get it, and I need two Heart Containers, a Sub-Tank, and the Armor to consistenty beat him, and after he's toasted the weapon breaks the game. I only wish there were more stages for me to use them. Rolling Shield Charge shot is hella useful on Boomer Kuwanger's stage, and the opening part of Sigma Stage 1, not to mention the narrow upward passages that have the Shield and Chain Ball enemies as well as those slowly descending enemies AND THE WALL TURRETS. Pretty useful. Shotgun Ice is a great alternative weapon for the boomerang when fighting Sting Chameleon... doesn't knock him down but it's easy to dodge most of his attacks. If I had to rank the weapons on apparent usefulness, I'd say

1. Flame Wave
2. Rolling Shield
3. Sting Chameleon's weapon
4. Storm Tornado
5. Homing Missile
6. The X Buster
7. Boomer Kuwanger's weapon
8. Shotgun Ice
9. Spark Mandrill's weapon

At least that's how I see them. Anything lower than the X Buster is circumstantial, and Spark Mandrill's weapon is just GARBAGE. Unless it's charged, it takes up chunks of it's meter, does pitiable damage, and even charged up it's use is to clear waves of enemies... But wait... doesn't the Flame Wave do THE EXACT SAME THING? Better yet, it goes just slow enough that X can keep up with it! At least Shotgun Ice does okay damage (even though it's a slow rate) and can interesting and useful effects for strategic gaming opportunities.

TL;DR version: Mega Man? More like Meta man. Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 15 2674501614
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat May 25, 2013 1:51 am

Yeah, Spark Mandrill was only really useful when I fought what's-his-face'odillo. And I agree, the Flame Wave is my favorite. I was just making a comment on how useless Spark Mandrill is when you bring the Shotgun Ice.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat May 25, 2013 12:57 pm

I hate to face down Armored Armadillo without the... Electric Spark, was it called? Pretty redundant name, but whatever. It's useful then, but nowhere else. God help you if you try going up against him without it, though...

I prefer the Storm Tornado for its brutal, multi-hit, barrier-piercing raw power. Homing Torpedo is pretty helpful, too, if not all that strong. It DOES let you fire without aiming, which is actually amazing in certain situations, moreso than almost any other weapon in the franchise. Rolling Shield's charge shot is amazing in a lot of situations... especially in the pit before Sigma. As most people know these days, you can use it, then constantly farm those worm enemies that spawn from the walls to fill up your Sub Tanks and Weapon Energy, just in case you die to Sigma after using one, or if you just go in without filling 'em.

Also, in the original, for some reason, when you get the Homing Torpedo, they call it the Horming Torpedo. It kinda went over my head the first few times...

Oh! And Sting Chameleon's weapon is useful normally, but when charged, it makes you INVULNERABLE for a while. In fact... the glowy effect makes me think of- Holy crap, the Jackson Elf's ability in the first Mega Man Zero game is a reference to the charged Chameleon Sting in Mega Man X! Neat.

I didn't like Flame Wave too much, myself. Too short-range, and it didn't work underwater. And the charge shot arbitrarily made you waste energy as it charged, constantly firing the weapon as you held the button. I always used Storm Tornado when I could've used Flame Wave. Or, if I was surrounded, cleared a path with Storm Tornado, then dashed out, then blasted everything with Storm Tornado.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat May 25, 2013 3:28 pm

Okay, I'm gonna be abundantly clear here, I like all of the weapons, so I'm just gonna rank them here.

1. Flame Wave/Storm Tornado - for the reasons Nebula mentioned. Love the flame wave, but Storm Tornado was more abusable.
2. Rolling Shield - Makes getting through gauntlet-like areas much easier, and its ability to bounce off walls can be really helpful.
3. Boomer Kuwanger's weapon - For some strange reason, I always liked it, and I'd use it to hit enemies from a whole bunch of angles. More useful in stages than on bosses, of course.
4. Homing Torpedo - Very helpful against a good number of enemies and bosses. Not much bad to say about it except that its charge shot is rather...underwhelming.
5. Sting Chameleon's weapon - Never used it all that much, to be honest. I found it slow as compared to the others, and despite the fact that Storm Tornado moves slow, it's also incredibly long and hits many, many times.
6. Shotgun Ice - Low damage, but its ability to freeze enemies and bounce off walls can be quite handy
7. Electric Spark - I used it for the Armadillo. Nothing else. While it's really the only way to beat him effectively, I never use it elsewhere.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sat May 25, 2013 10:53 pm

To be honest, the first time I fought Armored Armadillo for real I didn't have the Spark, but I managed to SLOWLY whittle him down. It was painful, and I damn near died too. I got in a lucky shot at the end, and the only way I really dealt with him was stun locking him during his projectile-firing attack.

I like the S. Tornado as well, just not quite as well as the Flame Wave. Did I mention I'm quasi-pyro? Yeah. XD Gonna fight Sigma again Monday, until then I have family and graduation to attend to.

BTW, to any seniors on this board: Congratulations guys.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sun May 26, 2013 1:19 am

...DAMMIT, EVERYONE ELSE I KNOW GRADUATES IN MAY?! I still have until June... T_T Late June at that...
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Sun May 26, 2013 2:38 am

Yeah, that's tomorrow for me. Just got back from my friend's grad party. Sorry, Haar.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon May 27, 2013 12:18 am

(...I'd better not say anything...)

Yeah, Storm Tornado is pretty abusive, all the weapons are cool except Electric Spark. That's something that most players agree on.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon May 27, 2013 12:24 am

I'm going to kill you all...*punches through the internet* Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 15 349729574 Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 15 2400687529 Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Mon May 27, 2013 1:04 am

At least you graduate this year!!
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Mon May 27, 2013 4:01 am

Someone say something bout a senior discount? ...speak up you younguns....I'm hard o' hearing
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Mon May 27, 2013 6:38 am

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 15 3816551956 lol! Laughing HAHA!
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:52 am

So I'm putting Minecraft and P3FES on temporary hold while I play through KH2FM. You guys want me to log what's going on, and any changes there are to the game? Etc?
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:00 am

Hell. *******. YES. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:04 am

That's one. I'll wait to see if there's any more who are interested, and then I'll make a new topic for it.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:08 am

Hm. Absolutely. Hm. I seem to--hm--be grunting a lot. Hm. Shouldn't have lifted that case of rocks. Hm.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:38 am

Offhand comment: how should I farm animals/food in MineCraft? I'm a total noob on that aspect of the game (and the 'tech' aspect i.e. redstone).
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:00 am

Zelda, the best way to farm animals is to just build a fencepost pen and herd a bunch of animals into it using wheat. It's good to use separate pens for different types of animals, but it isn't really required. You'll need a pretty decent wheat/seed/carrot supply to breed them, depending on what you're breeding, but basically just breed a bunch of them, kill off a few adults and then wait for the babies to grow up, and then repeat the process.

So, now that I've answered that question, I'd like to mention that thanks to the wonderful people I have in my life, I will be PC gaming for the first time ever come my birthday on the 24th.
That said, I'm not sure what games to get. I'm definitely going to be using Steam, so are there any games anyone with a Steam account could recommend to me?
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay
Norio, The Cordis Custodis

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:06 am

Orcs Must Die 2. I've only seen a little bit of it but what I've seen is pretty sweet: it's built for up to two players, and it's basically a guard game: you play as either a mage or a warrior, and you set up traps to stall or help kill the orcs before they get to your energy sources. It looks pretty damn fun, and I'm getting it myself soon.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:10 am

I've seen a few episodes of Sips from the Yogscast playing that, it seems pretty cool. Thanks for reminding me.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:12 am

Any time. I've never seen any of Yogs, are they any good? I hear a lot about them.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:26 am

There's good and bad things about them. I can't really say anything about anyone but who I like to think of as "The Main Five", meaning Lewis, Simon, Duncan, Sips, and Sjin.
Simon and Lewis, who will never do videos individually, are decently funny, I'd say. They're excellent commentators, though.
Duncan is an excellent commentator, but he's not particularly funny. He tends to be a lot more into redstone and stuff when it comes to Minecraft.
Sips and Sjin as a team are extremely hilarious, but they're utter shit at commentating.
Sips on his own is decently funny, and his commentating improves without Sjin around.
And Sjin by himself is pretty crap all around, I have to say honestly.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next