TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

+12
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Eques tenebrarum
lethalityComplex
XGeass
Maverick Entity
Zeldaman2.0
Aesoth
khfreak358
NebulaGregarZX
Haar_Dragon
Malakili007
AKeybladeYouSay
16 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 29 Empty Re: Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

Post  Cremator of the Sky Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:41 pm

https://youtu.be/ZOq4IiuRMWk

So a friend of mine showed me this last night.

I cannot even begin to describe the levels of hype coursing through my body with every second I watched. There's so much potential for this, and I'm really looking forward to what could come of it.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Location : The Ancient World that I have cremated and seeded with Metal.

Back to top Go down

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 29 Empty Re: Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:55 am

Oh my good fuck. Yes. Yes. Yes. Hell the fuck yes.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:17 am

Yeah, saw that through Nintendo Direct. I've got a friend who isn't interested because in his mind it's every Dynasty Warriors game ever, but all the other reactions, mine included, are that it looks really fun.

Is it weird that my favorite part of the whole thing up until this point is Link's blue scarf?
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:40 am

Wait a second. Haar, you're a dragon again, when the hell did that happen?
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:51 am

A couple of hours ago. Just like a criminal always returns to the scene of a crime, a big scaly lizard always returns to dragonhood.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:13 am

Haar_Dragon wrote:Yeah, saw that through Nintendo Direct. I've got a friend who isn't interested because in his mind it's every Dynasty Warriors game ever, but all the other reactions, mine included, are that it looks really fun.

Is it weird that my favorite part of the whole thing up until this point is Link's blue scarf?

I had no favorite part, because it was all so glorious and beautiful.

Now the question is... Who do we all want to see in the roster?

Because I'm going to be honest here. I just want Vaati and Din in. Everyone else is just going to be icing on the cake. Well, okay, Onox and Ralph would be cool too, but Vaati and Din above all else.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:15 am

Having just beaten Link Between Worlds (A few minutes ago), I think Hilda should be there. And possibly Ravio.

And Sheik. We need more Sheik.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:30 pm

I still need to open my copy of a Link Between Worlds. Been too focused on beating several other games close to completion (Human Revolution Director's Cut and DMC1 most notably) while also playing Fire Emblem Awakening.

Shiek's a shoe-in for sure. There is no way Shiek would just be left out of a game like this.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:04 am

Well, she was dropped from Twilight Princess. It wouldn't surprise me if she was left out. Still, it would be a good chance for a comeback, I'll definitely grant you that.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:43 am

Haar_Dragon wrote:Well, she was dropped from Twilight Princess. It wouldn't surprise me if she was left out. Still, it would be a good chance for a comeback, I'll definitely grant you that.

So... was there concept artwork of Shiek done for Twilight Princess? Or perhaps mentioned in an interview regarding the game?  Because if not, then its not that she was dropped, it was more of there was no place where she could work in the game. Now, I haven't beaten TP (just going to say Water Dungeons and leave it at that) so I really can't say much else.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:48 am

That is what I was referring to, yes. I used "dropped" because there were originally plans which just happened to not work well with the story. They made a design, but they couldn't find a place to use it. Sheik's design in Brawl was originally made for Twilight Princess, but as far as I know, she was dropped because they couldn't find a suitable role.

I have also never beaten Twilight Princess. If we're assuming the Zelda formula is "Gather Things-->Master Sword-->Gather Things Part 2-->Final Dungeon" Then I've gotten to the end of "Gather things part 2." But that was after about a year and a half of not playing, so...yeah. Something about seeing the ending without really remembering the beginning just kinda didn't do it for me.

Also, yeah, the Water Temple in TP did kinda suck, didn't it... And yet I'm strangely fond of the one in Ocarina of Time. Mostly because it was the only dungeon in the game that presented a real challenge, at least up until that point...I got seriously lost in there, though, so minus points for that.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:08 am

So one was made for Shiek after all? Interesting, I had no idea. I honestly believed they just made one up for Brawl.

I have always hated Water Dungeons. The one in Ocarina of Time is the one I hate most of all all because of the water level changing. It's honestly the entire point of those dungeons is to be as annoying as possible.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:18 am

I usually hate Water Dungeons, too, because they're home to one of my personal bugs in video games: Taking away my ability to fight. That along with forcing me to fight against the controls (i.e. Ice Physics) and taking my ability to see (...Um, dark areas...) are my three biggest problems with games. So many times in Water Dungeons, I think to myself, "If I could just pull out my sword, these things chasing me would be gone already!" But nope. Just swim for your life while there's who-knows-what shooting at you.

...I could go on forever about Ice Physics and Dark Rooms, though. Those things annoy the ever-loving crap out of me. As does that one level in Sonic Lost World when you're in control of a snowball.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:09 am

And yet no one remembers SA2B's Water Mine stage with Knuckles. A KNUCKLES stage that is basically the OOT Water Dungeon in miniature, on a time limit. Fuck that noise.

And TP's water dungeon is honestly the one I like most. If for the Chu Jellies, Clawshot, Ninja Mask Zora Armor, and murdering poor defenseless Morpheel after you pull the eye out of the tentacles. It's just trying to swim away, but it can't! IT'LL NEVER ESCAPE MY BLADE. The Temple itself is Get to main room -> Go East/West -> Clear out rooms -> Pull lever switch to add water -> Go other direction -> Clear rooms -> Get Clawshot -> Clear the other rooms -> Profit.

TP is honestly my favorite Zelda and I hate the fact that no one seems to really like it. It's not bad even by today's standards. Yes, there's an over-emphasis on combat, yes it doesn't have the freedom ALBW or LttP or WW does, but so what? It still has exploration. It's still a good Zelda. Hell, I think that it has the best plot and character development of any Zelda I've played so far (Still need to pick up SS).

I really need to get a Wii U. But I shall be content with... whatever I get for Christmas.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE, AND HAPPY NOT-MISSPELLED DAY TO ALL.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Zeldaman2.0 wrote:And yet no one remembers SA2B's Water Mine stage with Knuckles. A KNUCKLES stage that is basically the OOT Water Dungeon in miniature, on a time limit. Fuck that noise.

It's not that I don't REMEMBER Zelda, my dear man.......it's that I try to FORGET.  Evil or Very Mad
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:29 am

Zeldaman2.0 wrote:And yet no one remembers SA2B's Water Mine stage with Knuckles. A KNUCKLES stage that is basically the OOT Water Dungeon in miniature, on a time limit. Fuck that noise.

I had no problem with that place at all. In fact, I'd take that place over a Water Dungeon because whereas that stage can be beaten in under a minute or two, Water Dungeons tend to take at LEAST one hour.

Also, on the subject of Favorite Zelda, mine will always be the Oracle Games for so many reasons. Also, Minish Cap is my second favorite. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:36 am

Personal favorite Zelda game...Gonna go with Wind Waker, followed by Ocarina of Time.

Also, I never said Twilight Princess was bad. Even having only played the Wii version with right-handed Link, I enjoyed it greatly, as far as I've played. Visually, it was good-looking, if a little dark. As far as puzzles, not bad. Though I did get lost in several dungeons. Mainly the Ice dungeon. I hate that mini-boss. I hate Ice levels.

ANYway, yeah. I liked Twilight Princess as far as I've gone through it. To be perfectly honest, the part that bugs me most is the lack of lefty-Link. Though Skyward Sword does get irritating with its motion sensing. And by that I mean I can never get it to actually do what I want it to. I wonder if it explains why that Link is right-handed and yet always a lefty afterward...
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:59 am

So I recently started playing P4G on my new VITA a friend of mine had bought me. And I have to say... I don't remember the first two or so hours of P4 being so boring and long. I guess going over stuff you already know does that to you. I'm also pretty surprised at how they decided to let you pick your card in Shuffle Time, that just makes things insanely convenient and easy. Also, I do miss Chie's old VA, but I will admit that her new VA puts forth a lot of effort and emotion into her lines and I love that.

Oh I feel so conflicted on the matter.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:28 am

They DID do a good amount of re-balancing... like giving Shadow Yukiko a weakness, making you reach Rank 9 with teammates before they'll bite the bullet for you in battle, giving Naoto some elemental spells...

Plus, they added in Beginner and Maniac mode, so you can play it whether you're not really much good at RPGs in the first place, or if you're absolutely masochistic when it comes to playing any game by ATLUS, and want it to be ball-crushingly hard. At least, in theory. I'm not about to test that with P3P, since I'm still not sure how my own skills stack up, exactly.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:33 am

I always wonder what the point of Atlus throwing in "Maniac Mode" is. Because seriously, Atlus will make you suffer no matter what game of theirs you play. I do wonder though... should I aim for the ending involving my favorite P4 character my first time with Golden?
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:50 am

Spoiler:

Social Link and ending spoilers above.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:29 pm

for those who wish to see it...my video game colection...complete with new arrivals from christmas

http://vgcollect.com/CyberKey
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:23 pm

Zeldaman2.0 wrote:
Spoiler:

Social Link and ending spoilers above.

Oh I'm fully aware of that stuff, I just wondered if I should do it or not.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:54 pm

Soooo wtf is going on with MGS V
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:37 pm

Don't what to tell ya PD. As soon as I heard the main character was Big Boss and that David Hayter wasn't voicing him, I just lost all interest. I'm honestly skeptical of Big Boss being the main character again if only because, to my understanding, his role in the overall story is over. That, and there is no reason Hayter shouldn't be voicing him. I could understand if they wanted a new voice for a New Snake, that's fine and understandable.

But a new voice for a character that already has a defined voice AND when the VA is reachable and not busy?

No excuse. None.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next