TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

+12
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Eques tenebrarum
lethalityComplex
XGeass
Maverick Entity
Zeldaman2.0
Aesoth
khfreak358
NebulaGregarZX
Haar_Dragon
Malakili007
AKeybladeYouSay
16 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 17 Empty Re: Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

Post  PsychoticDoctor Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:25 am

So I downloaded Persona 4 Arena...
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 17 Empty Re: Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:24 am

And it's awesome...

That is the only place that sentence could go.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:17 am

Elizabeth is so OP and I love it. I could have won my first online battle if my Internet wasn't trash. Thanks Frontqueer- I mean Frontier.
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:01 am

All offensive jokes aside, some moves are a bit hard to pull off...
Example with my Elizabeth(waitwutnothing)...
Maziodyne(down-right sweep+x or a)
The sweep motions are a pain... Tips?
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:59 am

What are you playing it on? If it's on a 360 or PS3, the analogue stick is much better to use. If on PC, I can't help you there.
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:31 pm

360. Even with the analogue stick it's a pain. Any tips?
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:34 pm

Just practice. Go into practice mode and make sure you're getting the full sweeping motion in, and keep doing it until you can reliably pull it off.

And Elizabeth can be pretty OP, but I prefer Labrys, Akihiko, or Yosuke.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:14 am

It deeply pains me that the best character in Persona 4 hasn't been added in as DLC yet. Who am I talking about you ask? This is who.

https://youtu.be/rO9BuZ4EoKQ

But no seriously. This is who.

https://youtu.be/NAtghRnpGkQ

On a serious note, practice is very important for fighters.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Location : The Ancient World that I have cremated and seeded with Metal.

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:09 am

I don't have Arena, YET, but I play other fighting games, like Tekken, SC, Mortal Kombat (soooooooo brutal..), and sweep moves (QCF, HCF, HCB, QCB) seem to be the hardest, so, yeah, practice will make perfect. That and neutral moves. (forward, neutral, QCF, ...)
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:04 am

Cremator of the Sky wrote:It deeply pains me that the best character in Persona 4 hasn't been added in as DLC yet. Who am I talking about you ask? This is who.

https://youtu.be/rO9BuZ4EoKQ

But no seriously. This is who.

https://youtu.be/NAtghRnpGkQ

On a serious note, practice is very important for fighters.

Ooooh murder Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 17 522236257 
Yeah,a Teddie variant would be so creepy.
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:47 pm

Are you jumping when you try to do the QCF (Quarter Circle Forward)? It happened to me on my 360, basically I had to "cut it short", as in, not go through the whole motion of what I felt would be necessary.

That said, I'd fucking love to see Adachi (Naoto mixed with Yu? Hell. The fuck. Yes.) but I hear some characters (Junpei, Yukari, and Shinjiro) are available as DLC costumes, or maybe even their own character.

As far as my character preferences go, it's Yu>Liz>Chie>All else>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mitsuru.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:13 pm

Yes. So much yes.
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:15 am

Gregar... GREGAR. Oh. My God. Earthbound. It... it just... oh my God dude. Just oh my God.

It's awesooooooooooooooooooooooome.

I'm currently in Fourside, having helped the band out again and I'm now in the darkened shopping center. So far, I haven't had really any trouble (aside from trying to Determinator the boss you were supposed to give the Fly Honey to) and having to deal with Threed. Gonna wait to Criminal Caterpillar farm until the monk shows up.

And in case you're wondering why I'm being vague, it's so I don't spoil the game for those who haven't played yet. <.< >.>
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:16 pm

I was playing Earthbound a while back! Fourside confused me, so I gave up lol
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:40 pm

Now you understand why I said I'd eat every hat I own if you made a game that surpassed Earthbound. Because it JUST CAN'T BE DONE. I LIKE my hats, I'd hate to have to eat them all. Some of them have been collecting a lot of dust, and I don't think that the flavor would benefit from that.

Doc, giving up? Don't do that... did you know the original game came with a walkthrough? So don't feel ashamed to look up what you need to do next!

Now, if I recall correctly, you still have to fight the boss you give the Fly Honey to... right? Isn't that just to get the chance to fight him? Also, you know about the Rolling Damage mechanic? As your HP is dropping to zero from a massive hit, you can still heal that character and/or have them act before it runs out. If you end the battle before their HP hits zero, they're saved. It's pretty handy.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:00 pm

...I should really get a Wii U. Because I don't have any other way to play Earthbound, and because its library looks like it's going to get good a couple of months from now. But! I will save my money for when the library looks better than the whole three major franchises it has out...
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:14 pm

@Haar: Emulaaaaaaate.

@Gregar: Psh. I can still do it. It's just going to take effort. I haven't used a guide yet except to find good grinding spots (WHOO. COMPETENCE). ...no, you give it to him during the fight and then you can actually kill him. Otherwise it's a near-lost cause. Yes, I know about Guts. A mole told me in Restful Peace Valley.

@Doc: Here's what you do. Go find the Runaway five (like five seconds due east of the Hospital). Get in, talk to the manager, see their show. Go to Dusty Dunes Desert by walking, and as you enter go up and left, you should see a cabin. If a man is standing outside, give him food. If you did this already, go in the large hole he made. Listen to him, and do as he asks. Once done, walk back to Fourside. You will be stopped by a guy who will give you something. I assume you can take care of it from there. Once that's done, go shopping. Store your stuff before you shop, as a warning, and make sure Jeff and Ness get all the cool new shit (except maybe the Yo-Yo). Then go back to the first floor, and  you'll be told what to do again. That's where I'm at, so I can't say much.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:19 pm

...So, um, why aren't you giving the boss the Fly Honey? Because it sounds like you're trying to take the guy down when it's a "near-lost cause", and I don't understand why you'd do that, unless you just NEED the extra difficulty. Or, for some reason, can't get the Fly Honey to use on him...
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:47 pm

I made so much cash in that game though. If I had the same amount I had when I gave up, I'd be good for expenses through the rest of high school(Sheetz runs(Sam was right about this, their food is good), MS points,etc.), and all of college
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:29 am

While I do have an emulator...and a ROM, I feel bad about using either when I have an easy method of playing the game the normal way. Patience is a virtue, I have a dozen other games in waiting including Persona, both halves of Persona 2, Valkyria Chronicles 1 and 2, Borderlands, Jak and Daxter 1-3 (courtesy of the PS3 collection), The Last of Us, and a game called Shadow of Destiny, plus Uncharted 1 and 2, Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, SMT: Nocturne, and my most recent runthroughs of Fire Emblem: Awakening, though one is on the second-last chapter and the other is halfway through. Games I'm not so determined with are Super Mario Land, Kid Icarus, and Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX.

Total games waiting in line: 20, including the last three. And then of course, I've pre-ordered KH 1.5, which comes in just over a month, so there are 21 games I want to beat before I so much as think about starting another. And a big chunk of these are just what I've gotten in the past couple of weeks. Twenty-one. It might be just a little while.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:23 pm

Sorry for my absence fellas. I'll explain and be back to posting tonight. Smile
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:24 pm

Is there anybody willing to give me a recap? I seemed to have missed a lot while preparing for college/planning my next step to get REM back in order.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:36 pm

WBD is at a standstill. I had Ave pop in the restaurant.
TITALwise, Blake and Nicole are still on their date, Ienzo is with them(?), Kazuya is fighting something.
Org XIV- I don't even know if the wedding's done.
FGA- Can't tell, haven't read.
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:46 pm

What Kazuya is fighting happens to be a BEAST-possessed Fifeyux, and Diryax is fighting, too.

Zane just put the ring on Sally's finger, and that's literally the only advancement made since last time.

In FGA, the few remaining characters got away from Hollow Bastion, saw the ruins of Castle Asylum up close, and decided to go to Castle Restoration as their temporary base of operations, leaving Susan behind to oversee the debris-clearing efforts back on Asylum. Rexial is still at Disney Castle, and while I meant to post more of his sequence, the post was lost, and I was too discouraged to try again immediately... but the story is currently pretty open. If you wanted to introduce Lance, or do something like that, you can do it now.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:04 pm

Yeah, Siks and Dispatch are in Twilight Town right now, so if that gives you an idea, go for it.

Also, did you not notice you were in game talk and not General Discussion?
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next