TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Org. XIV (story)

+9
XGeass
khfreak358
Haar_Dragon
ARanger
Eques tenebrarum
lethalityComplex
Maverick Entity
AKeybladeYouSay
Whats_Up4444
13 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Org. XIV (story) - Page 20 Empty Re: Org. XIV (story)

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:12 am

Phoenix looked at Jacqueline and smiled, "Oh, King Willright? He's a little intimidating at first, but he's got the biggest heart of any man I know. He's the thirtieth member of this organization... Though he acts more like Xeromus' second in command. A few of us owe him our lives and he's seen his share of battles. He wouldn't be able to properly tutor you but he might have a few pointers for you when it comes to your magic." The young woman spun and landed facing the opposite direction, "Now, follow me, we'll meet them in the hangar."

Lance, Maya, and Xeromus landed in the gummi ship, setting down in the hangar. Lance stepped out into the room, stretching to relieve some tension, "It's been a lifetime since I've had to use a ship. It feels new all over again."

Thalia and Vita crested the hill to see their allies in a valley below surround by the mud creatures, "What... What are those?" Thalia whispered, conjuring a wind spell in her hand, "Vita, we need to help them. Those things look like they're smaller versions of what did a number on Rexial and Hercules."
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:06 pm

"We'll all have to get used to it again." Xeromus grumbled. "We've been too reliant on our Dark Corridors for moving between worlds since the start. I will have to commission some new ships, since we have only a handful here to begin with, and set MiM up to act as our Mission Control operator."

He gestured to Jackie. "By the way... if you hadn't guessed, this is the one."

Clenching her teeth, Vita barely restrained herself from charging in. "...Then we'll have to fight cautiously, right? You said they got Rex when he turned aggressive. They're probably intelligent enough to counter any reckless attacks, like a Neoshadow. Ready to make 'em pay?"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:59 pm

Never one to back down from making a lasting impression, Jackie immediately gave her spear a twirl and a flourish before planting it solidly on the ground and curtsying before the crowd. "Milord, you honor me. And Master Lance, was it? 'Tis a handsome pleasure to make your acquaintance. I, Jacqueline Roussieau, am of the former Cliffs of Mirth." Standing more properly, she giggled before apologizing. "Sorry, sorry. I used to have to entertain nobility every now and then, but I'm sure you're more lax? In any case, how may I help with what I presume is related to the Rexial incident?"
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:44 pm

Lance looked a little astonished by the attention given to him by Jackie. He acted as he had been trained, summoning his keyblade and planting it in front of him formally in kind, his hands resting on top of it. When the young woman apologized, he managed an earnest smile and dismissed his weapon, offering a warm handshake instead.

"You'd be correct in that assumption. I am Lance Willright of Synthisle. It would have been rude of me to not respond in kind, correct?"

Maya cartwheeled to Lance's side and gave the new recruit a cheshire smile, "And this is Maya!" She chirped happily.

----------

"Absolutely." Thalia leapt into the air, riding the Aero spell down the hillside until she was close enough to the monsters. She kicked off of the magic she was riding, sending it into the fray of fighters and letting it detonate. The resulting blast of wind sent their allies toppling one way and the monsters the other. The creatures angrily turned their attention to the mage as she smiled with a spark of fury in her eyes. Electricity crackled along her arms and into her keyblade, "Alright, what've you got for me?"
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:55 am

"She's an incredibly zealous one, as you can see." The leader muttered dryly. "Speaking of which, you wanted to prove yourself by defeating one of our experienced members in combat, am I correct, Miss Roussieau? Lance is another of our long-standing members, barring his recent, extended stay in the Realm of Darkness. Under different circumstances, I would suggest a match between you, but we have more pressing concerns, and I don't need any more injured members at the moment."

Making a mighty running leap, Vita crashed down on one of the creatures that had landed slightly farther from its brethren, bouncing off and returning to her feet, quickly taking up a fighting stance. "These things give me chills..."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:50 am

"I believe that would be the recommended course of action, yes." Jackie looked to Lance again, then to Maya, smiled warmly, and then back to her commander. "Milord Xeromus, I beg pardon of you, but would it be possible to assist with this mission? It rings of great importance and I would be happy and grateful to assist you all in any way that I can."
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:16 am

"Tell me about it." Thalia involuntarily shuddered as she tossed her keyblade letting it spin in a wide arc around them connecting with each of the creatures before returning to her. The mud monstrosities looked unfazed and confused as if the magic weapon had done little to nothing to them.
Thalia seemed irritated, her weapon hand spinning the Kingdom Star aggressively, "Doesn't look like I have the strength to punch through them."
Vita grinned, "I bet I do though!" She jolted forward and swung a solid right hook at the creature directly in front of them but the miasma reshaped itself as the blow approached it. Vita's fist grazed it and she was forced to retreat back to Thalia when the monster went on the offensive, lashing out with muddy spikes, "Er… Nevermind, they’re too fast.” Vita commented.
"Together then? I'll give you the speed. You give me the power." Thalia suggested.
Vita put a fist into her palm, "Sounds good to me! Let’s do this!"
"I've only seen Lance and Al do this... " Thalia gave the Kingdom Star a violent twirl and tossed it skyward.
[Affinity Link Lv. 1: Ruin Wings]
The sky exploded with storm clouds and it started to rain silver. Thalia pounded her fists together and the silver rain pooled at her feet. Using a rising gesture with her right hand, the liquid flowed upwards forming a glimmering silver wing floating behind her back on the right side, the edges shining with lethality. Beside her, Vita mirrored Thalia’s actions and was given a silver wing floating along her left shoulder blade.
There was no communication necessary. The first terror was sliced to pieces in the blink of an eye as Thalia and Vita pinned it from both sides leaving it no escape but the wickedly sharp blades the two women wielded.
The remaining four creatures formed ranks, showing some vestige of sentience. Thalia shared a look with Vita and that was enough. Their blade wings each floated to the front of them as they dashed at the pack from two different diagonals, narrowly missing eachother at the intersection.
The creatures in the middle stood barely any chance as the pair sliced through them at a blindingly fast rate, moving so quickly there seemed to be multiples of the two girls.
When the dust settled, nothing remained except for the two young women and a puddle of viscous sludge, the remains of the monsters that had been there moments before.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:32 am

Siks dismissed his swords, approaching the two girls.

"Thanks for the save," Siks said. "I think I owe you an apology for how I acted back on Asylum. If you hadn't shown up, I don't know how much longer we'd have lasted." He allowed himself a small grin.

Necro, meanwhile, dismissed deactivated his blade and moved towards Thalia. "Your Highness, are you alright?"
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:08 am

Vita nodded in response, looking around them cautiously as the surge of power faded. Okay, I don't see any more of them... but what's all this muck? Something feels wrong about it.

Shaking free of those thoughts, she gave her best no-sweat grin. "Ah, no worries, right? Just don't do it again."

"You are absolutely raring to go, aren't you? Well, the group that went in to investigate was fairly confident about their chances. Though Thalia seemed to disagree with- oh, hell, has anyone seen her?" The leader grumbled.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:23 pm

Thalia gave Necro a small smile, waving him away, "Just tired. You guys have been running my mana pool ragged today." She cracked. She stretched and looked at Vita, "We should all probably get out of here. These creatures aren't exactly a walk in the park... And I don't think we'll be doing that again soon."

---------

Lance's brow knitted in irritation, "Well, you told her that the others were going off world and that she couldn't go. She likely followed after them. She's not the type to just sit on her hands when something like this happens."

"Yeah!" Maya piped in, "Thalia's got a rebellious streak, just like Maya!" Lance ruffled the girl's hair which caused her to pout slightly, "What I do?"

Phoenix giggled, "Alright, then. Perhaps trying to contact them first would be best? I'm sure that one of them has their PDA with them."
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:57 am

"I'll call them while we move this to the Round Room." Xeromus grumbled, already taking out his PDA as he started for the halls. "I left Aleri to deal with paperwork. ...Today has been a mess of disaster and poor decision-making for me."

Vita gestured back the way they had come. "We parked a few miles that way. I'll just call the ship over, we don't have time to trek over the ruins of one of my favorite worlds." Realizing how much bitterness had crept into her tone, she shook her head and commanded the Gummi ship via PDA.

In minutes, it touched down, doors opening. "It'll be cramped, but unless anyone's claustrophobic, I think we'll be okay."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:31 pm

Jackie quickly followed her leader to the Round Room, making sure she focused her thoughts to stay near Lord Xeromus. This worked for her for the most part, though she had to stop several times as she'd jump, suddenly, several feet away in any given direction. "Whatever it is, I'll trust your judgement. Considering though that everyone, without exception, panicked when mister Rexial was brought in... I would think that any support they receive would be worth looking into."
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat May 07, 2016 6:25 pm

"...Ah, crap, the boss is calling." Vita held the PDA up to her ear, listening intently for a moment. "Yep, hit the nail on the head. We've got a lot to report, but that can wait until we get back. ...Hey, did you forward this a minute ago? ...Oh, right, Al. He probably couldn't put together an actual mission in time. Right, I'll tell Thalia right away."

Turning to the ship, Vita climbed into the pilot's seat, starting the pre-flight setup as she talked. "...Okay, so there's been a bit of a disturbance on Synthisle. Thalia, I'm sure you don't mind if I drop you off at home, then? The report says it's a gathering of Heartless at the edge of town."

The leader of the organization hung up and pocketed the device. "From the looks of it, they already finished, and are on their way back now."

He took a few more steps before answering the unspoken question. "Rexial is one of our oldest members, and on a technical level, the most difficult to incapacitate. The idea of an entity that could not only subjugate a world, but critically injure him with a single attack, is something of a problem. Not to mention losing one of our operatives..."

Coming through the entryway of the Round Room, Xeromus looked at Aleri, sitting in a seat lowered to ground level, frantically sifting through papers and trying to read something on a screen. "I'm back. Now, before you are relieved of this duty, summarize what I've missed."

Aleri took a brief moment to compose himself. "...Alright, I'll be brief. I passed the proposal for new uniforms, received multiple reports of Heartless attacks and forwarded them to any members close by, and heard back from the twins. They said that the fabric of space has been scrambled up. Corridors are collapsing because the entire space between destinations, from point to point, are susceptible to the fluctuations, which are generally forceful enough to bend and break a corridor. They're still looking into it, so hopefully we'll know more soon."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Sat May 07, 2016 6:47 pm

"Why not just corridor back?" asked Siks as he entered the ship, Necro helping him carry Hercules along with.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun May 08, 2016 3:22 am

"The last one we opened exploded. I'd like to get home, limbs intact."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Sun May 08, 2016 3:24 am

"Wait, what?!" Siks exclaimed. "Has anyone else had this problem?"
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun May 08, 2016 3:35 am

"Well, when I told Al, he said something about opposing energies making an explosion." Vita said as she fired up the engines and sealed the hatches, the ship rising out of Olympus Coliseum. She paused to look at the destruction before gritting her teeth and setting the Warp Drive. "He said that the boss had some trouble, too, and that his own corridors would collapse when he tried."

I don't think I can ever come back here...
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sun May 08, 2016 10:07 pm

Jackie took a moment to ingest what she'd been told. (So, on my first day, their number 1 in combat, and number 2 in the organization itself, got incapacitated in one instant. This thing has the power to scramble space itself, and completely prevent their most reliable method of transport. We have little idea what this thing is...) "Sir, this is just a thought, but wouldn't an aerial reconnaissance be the best course of action? Unless Sir Rexial could fly when he was... incapacitated, wouldn't a far, but safe, view be the best solution in immediacy?"
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Mon May 09, 2016 3:55 am

"Actually, now that you mention it," Siks thought aloud, "The one I used to get here did seem like it tried to close on me too early. I didn't think much of it at the time because I was distracted by...." he glanced down at the destroyed world below. "Damn."
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:03 am

Vita punched the Warp Drive without waiting for an answer, trying her best not to look at the world as it left their vision. Looking up with surprise, she found that they had ended up near the Celestial Grounds. "Oh, right... the paths got rearranged." With one quick correction and another warp, they ended up hovering over Synthisle. "Ready to be dropped off, Thal?"

"A serviceable idea, to be sure, but it's too late to do that now. ...You can go now, just stop looking at me like that."

Once given leave, Aleri set aside the papers and frantically bolted out of the room. Xeromus shook his head.

"You'll have to excuse him. He's still not quite over the other times we've lost people. ...Did that son-of-a-bitch authorize new uniforms?" Giving a heavy sigh, Xeromus took his seat. "No, no, that's fine. Perhaps it'll help us re-unify the group."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:29 pm

Siks stepped up from his seat and towards the pilot's seat. "Hey, Vita?" he asked, "Could I bother you to drop me off at Kashyyyk? I left Susan there with Kotank, but I really need to get back to her."
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:15 am

Vita turned in her seat to face Siks, opening the hatch for Thalia. "Sure thing, Siks. Thanks for coming in to help. We'll try to clean things up while you're away."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:23 am

Jackie cleared her throat slightly and spoke up again to her Lord. "Xeromus, sir, about the reconnaissance mission I mentioned. If there's a craft that I could pilot, it would be a simple matter for me to peruse over it and assist with gathering information. Unless I should await standby until Mistresses Vita and Phoenix return?"
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:55 am

Xeromus leaned forward in his chair. "Are you familiar with the operation of a Gummi Ship? Why don't you familiarize yourself with them, as we'll be seeing a lot of them in the near future? For some reason, I doubt you've got any experience piloting them."

A voice rang out from their communications system. "'Hey, HQ, you there? Vita here, I'm about to land. Dropped Siks and Thalia off, and I'm ready to report about what I found.'"

"Oh. 'Yes, I'm here. I'll take your report when you're ready to submit it.' ...Well, then it's a bit late to go out and help perform reconnaissance. Perhaps you could deal with one of these reports of a Heartless attack? We've received quite a few of them. Port Royal, Radiant Garden, Synthisle... though, perhaps that last one is covered."

Strolling into the room, Vita was already typing up her findings. "Yeah, I mentioned it to Thalia. I'm sure she's mopping them up as we speak."

"Regardless, these attacks all happened rather suddenly. It used to be that we would go for weeks without anything dangerous. This may be a bad sign."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20