TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Org. XIV (story)

+9
XGeass
khfreak358
Haar_Dragon
ARanger
Eques tenebrarum
lethalityComplex
Maverick Entity
AKeybladeYouSay
Whats_Up4444
13 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Org. XIV (story) - Page 12 Empty Re: Org. XIV (story)

Post  Stormwolfex Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:14 pm

< No worries, was waiting for it xD >

The chains came apart, sliding back into the endless black mud as Hercules fell to his knees weakly. "Rexial," a tired grin appeared on Hercules' face. "Am I glad to see you..." he murmured as he got to his feet unsteadily. "What took you so long?" he chuckled as he turned a wary eye to the shadow being. "This thing... he... it... defeated Hades. I don't know how but Hades is... gone."

"..." The shadow being inclined its head towards Rexial, as if sizing him up as it turned fully to face them both silently.
Stormwolfex
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:00 pm

<Ah, sometimes it's hard to tell. I'm a little worried I'll perform a cheesy rescue when a character is supposed to die... I mean, I've had similar fails in the past, though none that I immediately recall concerned a character's life.>

"That... can't be. But, well, you know that better than I do. I'll have to take your word for it." Rexial tried to help Hercules to his feet. "Thalia and a guy named Necro are going to be here soon."

He gave his best death-glare to the entity... but it was like staring at a wall, or a mirror. It didn't feel like his stare was having any effect. On a lesser opponent, it would unnerve them, or even cause them to flee, but this thing didn't seem to care. That wasn't a good sign, not at all. "...I can see why this thing gave you so much trouble. Can you move on your own?"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:57 am

"Y-yeah, just winded," Hercules sounded mildly abashed as he steadied himself. "I hope you guys have managed to get the people off the coliseum. This place doesn't look like it can hold out for long," he murmured. "Careful of the mud, it can use it to attack and it was able to make weapons and stuff against me. But I highly doubt that's all it can do."

"... - ... - ... -!"

The being gave another bestial howl and a wave of pure energy erupted from the black mud and wrapped around the entity like a protective shell. It smiled again, this time in a manner Hercules wasn't so sure he liked. It was as though the being was... enjoying this?

Stormwolfex
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:34 am

Thalia entered a battle ready stance besides Rexial, "I don't think we'll be able to do much better than to buy Herc some time... I think our current strategy should be a focus on evacuation of Olympus Coliseum."

The young woman didn't even seem to tremble as the malevolent entity smiled at them. But, in her heart, she was scared. Her training was the only thing preventing her from showing it.

"Hercules, we'll keep it off your back. Help as many people as you can."
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:45 am

"Take two of my Elixirs. One to get some energy back, one in case of an emergency." Without looking, Rexial reached into his pocket and procured two small vials, handing them to Hercules. "We left an open corridor about a mile east of here, and the organization should be sending some people to assist in the evacuation. Just help as many people as you can, and stay alive. Got it?"

This thing and the mud are probably connected. I doubt the miasma was here before this guy was. Somehow I doubt it'll go away if he's destroyed, though... Still, even if this thing's stronger than X-Sigma, I've got to deal with it. Ugh...
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:52 am

Without warning, the entity struck.

Deadly waves of black energy blasted across the landscape as the protective layer around the Being lashed out violently even as rows and rows of weapons of every shape and type erupted from the ground, aiming straight for the group.
Stormwolfex
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:58 am

An intense burst of lightning tore through a large portion of the weaponry, followed shortly by Necro. "Hercules, go!" Necro's light saber was already ignited and held in a defensive stance.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:03 am

Instinctively, Thalia snapped to action, a powerful Aeroga spell repelling the weapons for brief moment.

"If you have to get ready, there's your chance!" Thalia shouted as her blade spun in her hand. The young woman burst forward in an attempt to cut a path through the weapons to the entity's protective shell.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:34 am

The swordsman rushed the entity, weaving through the field of blades and hacking at the shield in an attempt to break through.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:47 am

The swirling back energy held firm, the Entity reaching out with its arm outstretched at Rexial as an ethereal spear appeared in its hand. The spear fired, crackling with wild energy as it streaked after Rexial like it had a mind of its own.

Its other arm raised at Thalia and the others, a giant black arm the size of a building rising from the endless miasma and slamming down right on them.
Stormwolfex
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:46 pm

"Get out from under it!" Thalia pushed herself out from under the impending crushing weight with a gust of powerful wind. After making a recovery on her landing, she redirected her attention to the protective shell, "We've got to get in close..."

She primed a charge of lightning magic, "I'm going to make a path! Here's hoping you can take it!"

The young woman released a powerful blast of Thunder magic attempting to temporarily clear a pathway to the entity in it's shield.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:28 am

Jackie smirked. Perhaps a ploy, bait even, but it was an opportunity, and if he wasn't serious about it, he'd pay for his mistake. Tossing her spear to her left, and off-, hand, she charged another Thundara spell in her right hand and leaped towards Aleri, aiming to throw her full weight against him and touch his shoulder, neck, or the center of his chest, and hopefully knock him down.

Last edited by Zeldaman2.0 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:39 am

Aleri flicked the tip of his weapon up, forcing a pillar of crystal to shoot up from the floor in front of him... right in Jackie's path. "Nice try, really."

The second after she impacted it, he cut it free of the floor and kicked it, with Jackie still behind it.

Y'know, I kinda didn't account for how mad Kotank is going to be after that stunt. I hope I didn't damage anything.

Rexial turned aside from the incoming spear, parrying it aside... with no small effort. He glanced at where he last saw Hercules, hoping to see that he'd gotten out of the way of the mudslide. Okay, gonna try to avoid making contact with any of these attacks to begin with...
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:58 am

"At least I know you're serious now!" Jackie's body went limp, slipping past the giant piece of... rock... whatever, letting it crash behind her. "Wouldn't be any fun otherwise. Then again..." Having held onto the Thundara charge, she grips her spear and launches it at him again, this time aiming directly for him before closing half the distance at a light jog, then closing in while circling again to his formerly-open side, away from his weapon.

Last edited by Zeldaman2.0 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:15 am

"I have to take this seriously. This is a test of your skills and potential, after all; you wouldn't want me to misjudge you." He turned to Jackie's right, batting the spear away with his Keyblade and performing a leg sweep at she gets close. It wasn't as strong as he'd have liked, since he couldn't spare an arm to support his body, leaving the job up to his one leg. The moment his leg was clear, he planted it back on the ground, swinging with the flat of his blade from his crouched position.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:53 am

The lightning spell crashed into the black cloud of energy surrounding the entity and vanished, almost as if it were absorbed as the entity slammed both hands down onto the ground. The massive, giant arm that had attacked Thalia and Necro reared up, this time holding a towering stone-like sword the size of a skyscraper and sweeping it down upon them like a meteor.

"... Gr... grah!"

As the sword swept across the landscape like an oversized cleaver, dark tendrils burst from the ground and headed straight for Rexial.
Stormwolfex
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:53 am

Thinking fast, Necro deactivated his weapon and reached out with the Forve, trying with all his might to hold the blade back.

---

Kotank gripped his seat tightly, his furred eyebrow twitching slightly. "Please, dear lord, tell me he didn't break anything."
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:23 am

Jackie managed to hold onto her spear thanks to her two-handed grip, and jumped over the leg sweep. Blocking the strike and locking weapons, she grinned again at Aleri. "I like the way you fight. You've been at this for quite a while, haven't ya?" Angling her spear, she aims a stab at Aleri, keeping her spear locked with his blade to prevent defense.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:03 am

The Avenger of Twilight grinned back. "You too. Somebody with less experience would've been flattened by that lump of Avon Crystal, and definitely wouldn't have seen that sweep coming. Let's see just how good you are!"

His right arm moved slightly as he forgot in his excitement that it was still broken. Keeping his weapon locked with Jacqueline's, he sank to one knee and clenched his teeth, ignoring the pain as well as he could. I was going to break the stalemate with a Fira spell, but I screwed up... I have to keep a clear head.

"I know I've said this a lot today, but WHAT THE HELL!?" Rexial yelled, weaving in between black tendrils, desperately trying to avoid touching them. I'm getting a really bad feeling from these... if I'm caught, I'll probably end up in the same shape as Herc. No... I'll be worse off, since my shape isn't built for endurance. I'd snap in half. But... sh*t, I can't leave them in the lurch like that...!

"I'd better not regret this!" Balling up his left hand into a fist, he swung his sword, sending a fierce, cutting gale through the tendrils coming for him before rushing at the arm. He planted his feet on it, and after winding up, swung down with the intention of severing it completely.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:52 am

"Looks like he's forcing them to get serious," someone commented dryly, the voice distinctly female, standing atop a cloud far above the raging battle that was happening down below. "I guess you could say that the experiment was a success?"

"Humph," Another person lay back on the solid cloud lazily, chewing on a piece of gum as he watched the battle with vested interest. "Not exactly. We couldn't control his ego fully summoned. This is just the watered down version but I'm surprised how much stronger he's gotten with that fused with him, even if his abilities are a cheap knockoff now. Well, as long as he gets the job done... I guess letting him rampage for a bit is fine."

"So what happens after?" the female asked as their gazes drifted back to the battle.

"After?" the man shrugged, "That's up to the boss-man. After he's done, there'll be no more need for heroes, Gods and all that jazz. Everything will become one again, just like it always should have been."

"Some hatred against heroes?" the female teased.

"Eh," the male wrinkled his nose in distaste, "All them heroes and protectors. But none of them realize that in order to become one, a clear and distinct evil must exist. Good and bad, yadayda. Well, in the end, it doesn't matter. None of it does. They are an unnecessary existence."

-Battle-

A shockwave rocked the enormous arm to its core, the arm stopping mid-swing as Hercules poked his head out from under arm to grin at Rexial. "Didn't think I was gonna bail on you guys, did you?" He growled as they both leapt away from the collapsing arm, the attack on both sides apparently too much to sustain its form.

"..." The being was silent for a moment as the massive sword dropped back into the mud before it finally smiled again. The black energy around the being warped again, the space becoming twisted and distorted and -

BAM!

Hercules suddenly flew back, a jagged black spike bursting through his side as his eyes widened in shock. What just happened? He thought dimly as he landed on his feet weakly, the wound stained black as he felt his side throb painfully. Something shot out from that space... and so quickly! "Guys, look out!"
Stormwolfex
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:56 am

"Keen eyes and fast reflexes." She noticed his slight his of breath, and how his teeth were clenched compared to the relaxed manner he had before. (His right arm... I've got three charges left before I'm out of magic power, and then it's up to just skill. If only one can connect...) Thinking fast, she bore down on him again, sending a charge into her spear while keeping the weapons locked. Keeping the charge in the spear, she quietly muttered "Two..."
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:27 am

"That tears it, I'm gonna splatter you all over what's left of the coliseum!" The swordsman roared.

His rage nearing its peak, he rushed the entity, trying to cut it to pieces with all the strength he could muster. What was left of his rationale was telling him to beware of the distorted space, but that went ignored.

Aleri pushed back, standing up as he sends a Fira spell into his own weapon to counter the charge. "Seems like you're wearing down, though. Need a-" He widened his stance and redoubled his efforts, throwing her back. "-breather!?"

He flipped his weapon in his hand and planted the tip into the floor. His eyes glowed for a brief second as he cast another spell, causing the air around Jackie to turn red.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:38 am

Forcibly thrown backwards, Jackie's footing falters for a second, her feet rather close together and her momentum carrying her backwards. Noticing the air around her change visibly, she panics violently and jumps backwards, landing on her back and rolling further before springing up and backwards again to land in a defensive blocking position, still at the edge of the radius. (Demons above and below...!)
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:40 am

The entity reeled back as Rexial sliced clean through its shields, staggering back as it was hacked again and again. But no matter how many times Rexial cut it, its body continually reformed. And then, Rexial was in between the two distorted spaces.

The entity grinned, baring its teeth as it breathed its first words. "Mine."

Twin tendrils shot from the distorted space, impaling Rexial on them. The tendrils pulsed and began to pull ominously.
Stormwolfex
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:07 am

The space in front of Jackie exploded with magical energy, knocking her back further, but doing almost not damage. It was contained almost completely to the space where she had been just seconds before.

And as if that hadn't been enough, Aleri had leapt into the air, and was about to bare down with his Keyblade.

...I'm... not moving forward... Why...

Numbly, Rexial looked down at the tendrils impaling him, lifting him slightly off the ground. His head and limbs slowly sagged as his strength left him, as if pulled down by invisible weights. His sword slipped from his hand, falling into the mud and sinking into its depths.

He tried to speak, only to find that he couldn't. He just choked as he raised his left hand, putting it onto one of the tendrils and weakly trying to tug it out of himself.

Everything's going... black...

Am I... dying...?

His arm went limp, and he stopped moving completely.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next