TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TITAL 2: Why did It Take Me So Long To Do This?

+9
lethalityComplex
Zeldaman2.0
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Atlantis_Rising
AKeybladeYouSay
Malakili007
greeneggsandSAM
Haar_Dragon
NebulaGregarZX
13 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

TITAL 2: Why did It Take Me So Long To Do This? - Page 13 Empty Re: TITAL 2: Why did It Take Me So Long To Do This?

Post  greeneggsandSAM Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:51 am

Allie pulled out a black detonator, and said,"On you."
greeneggsandSAM
greeneggsandSAM
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

TITAL 2: Why did It Take Me So Long To Do This? - Page 13 Empty Re: TITAL 2: Why did It Take Me So Long To Do This?

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:53 am

"We've got the Float status, which makes us nearly weightless. Do it whenever."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  greeneggsandSAM Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:56 am

Allie nodded, and she pushed the button. And in a fiery column of fire and debris, the whole building exploded. The sounds of the agony and death of the guards filled the air.
greeneggsandSAM
greeneggsandSAM
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:01 am

The explosion shot the group, trapped in their multicolored, magical bubble, straight up through the pitch-blackness.

As they ascended, Rexial looked back down on the base. "...I really shouldn't let a perfectly good facility in my home turf go to waste. I always wanted my own army of dark minions... aheheh, Ahehehahaha!"

<...Why is it that Rexial keeps getting new things? First he builds a castle and has monitors that let him watch everything at once. Next, he usurps Chaos, then he gets a handgun with infinite ammo that he can use better than his normal darkness blasts (his aim still sucks, though), and now he's getting an army. If I didn't know better, I'd say he's doing it on purpose.>
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:11 pm

<They increased the encounter rate because everyone was asking the same question I was. "Why should we have to hold down a button to get a decent moving speed?" They did that because they had no real raeson. Now they do.

And when is a running speed in a game EVER too fast? I mean, maybe if you already had a good running speed and cast a spell to up it even more, but take FFVII for example. They have options for walking or running as your default. Do you honestly think anyone who knows about that leaves it on walking? There is no difference between walking and running in that game except that walking is painfully slow and running is not.>
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  greeneggsandSAM Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:47 pm

NebulaGregarZX wrote:
<...Why is it that Rexial keeps getting new things? First he builds a castle and has monitors that let him watch everything at once. Next, he usurps Chaos, then he gets a handgun with infinite ammo that he can use better than his normal darkness blasts (his aim still sucks, though), and now he's getting an army. If I didn't know better, I'd say he's doing it on purpose.>

<*full auto Assault pistol XD>
greeneggsandSAM
greeneggsandSAM
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:44 pm

<Eh, I was thinking a little but more like the Patriot. "It has infinite ammo." "Why's that?" "The loading mechanism is shaped like the infinity symbol." "...Yeah, that would give it infinite ammo." Only not bulky, and not as powerful.>
<Yeah, but sometimes, I just wanna walk. It seems more natural sometimes to walk places. And in FFIX, there was a plank that would fall if you ran on it, but if you walked, you could get a treasure. And in FFVIII, during the SeeD Exam mission, there was one section where walking instead of running would give you more points.>

The bubble broke the surface of whatever the blackness surrounding them was, coming out in fairly normal-looking water. The shield vanished, leaving them standing waist deep in the water. This was the Dark Margin, a beach in the Realm of Darkness. "Here, a strong heart will repel the darkness. We'll be fine, so long as none of us go back down there."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:41 pm

<Because being natural in a game that's about the end of the world via some emo dude being prevented by another emo dude, Mr. T with a gun-arm, a stuffed cat on a fat moogle, a wannabe spaceman, a third emo guy, a ninja who fails at being a ninja, a talking lion, and...Tifa (Because do I really need to say more than that?) is a top priority. That's just the time you want to be the most natural. And as I said, from a gameplay perspective, the walking is just painful. Also, I don't think points in modern games matter. And as for the plank, you're telling me there's NOTHING ELSE they could have done except for that. No alternate pathways, no propping it up on a stick, they couldn't have done anything like that. Is that what you're telling me?>
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:45 pm

<Yeah. You walk on it, and it will fall, and Zidane will jump back, and that bridge will be gone forever, and you have no way of getting the treasure. You HAVE to walk. Which kinda sucked when I couldn't figure out how until a little while afterwards.>
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:34 pm

<I meant design-wise, not in-universe. As in, design an alternate path, or put in a stick somewhere in the first town that you have to use there. They couldn't have done anything like that, as opposed to making you walk across a bridge. Are you telling me that would have been such a difficult program to make?>
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:38 pm

<Meh, some people like the option of walking, even if it IS useless. I suppose they could've done it differently, but that wouldn't have worked, in-universe. There was nothing to prop the stick up against, and there was nowhere to put a secret passage. Programming-wise, sure, they could've just completely ignored that and made it a normal bridge, or went to the trouble of making another way. It's a moot point.>
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:44 pm

Xavier and Lia were sitting on the shoreline, Xavier was wearing an Organization cloak which he had draped Lia with to protect her along side him, "This is as far as Minato would take us. We've been waiting for you guys."
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:53 pm

Rexial: Thanks, we appreciate it. I'm gonna go straight back to my castle, so you guys should head out without me.
Aleri: ...Are you sure you aren't just going to go back down there to erase the rest of that building?
Rexial: Ehhh, I was gonna turn all the lackeys down there into my personal death army first.
Aleri: Sounds peachy. Well, we should probably get a move on.
Rexial: ...Oh, right. Let me introduce you guys to Laku, a girl who was trapped down there.
Laku: *Shivering* H... Hello.
Rexial: Hm, it doesn't look like this place is good for her health. Maybe she just isn't strong enough.
Aleri: *Takes off his trenchcoat and drapes it over her shoulders* Or maybe she's just cold! Did you think of that, dumbass?! This is a beach that's stuck in perpetual night, you think it'd be WARM!?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:11 pm

NebulaGregarZX wrote:<Meh, some people like the option of walking, even if it IS useless. I suppose they could've done it differently, but that wouldn't have worked, in-universe. There was nothing to prop the stick up against, and there was nowhere to put a secret passage. Programming-wise, sure, they could've just completely ignored that and made it a normal bridge, or went to the trouble of making another way. It's a moot point.>

<Well, then, shut up and tell me I'm right.>
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:17 pm

<No, I think it's pointless, but I disagree with you. I won't say you're right, just that there's nothing wrong with it. I mean, it's like whining about having an Easy Mode on a game; you don't have to use it, dammit!>
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:41 pm

<I'm not complaining about having an easy mode! I'm getting frustrated that you won't tell me I'm right and that having a "crawl" feature is pointless!!! Tell me I am right, damn you!!!!!!!>
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:44 pm

<..."Crawl"? It's not THAT slow. Er, not ALWAYS. Some people would rather walk slowly, maybe listen to the BGM. It's awkward to try listening to the BGM by stopping periodically when you could just be walking instead of running.>
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:55 pm

<No, it really isn't. And usually, it is that slow. Ever play pokemon without the running shoes? Ever play FFVII without running? Have you ever actually NOT used a run feature? Of course you haven't, because otherwise, you would be crawling, and your character might as well be on his/her hands and knees. NOW TELL ME I'M RIGHT!!!!>
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:00 am

<Dammit, man, I like listening to the BGMs, leave me alone! Hell, I'm listening to the FFV OST on YouTube in abother tab!>
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  greeneggsandSAM Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:08 am

<onward with the plot XD>

Sammy sat down, and said,"Are we safe here, Rexial?"
greeneggsandSAM
greeneggsandSAM
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:14 am

Rexial: We should be. So long as none of us are too weak-hearted, we'll be unaffected. The cold is another matter, though. I'd hate to stay here all day without wearing something thicker.
Aleri: I'm wearing a t-shirt, and gave my coat to the girl who's currently supposed to be in the process of being moved somewhere less freezing and dark. Why don't you move her to your castle? You've got plenty of space, and it's not too far.
Rexial: True, and the place kinda shields people from the darkness while inside. I dunno why, since the damn thing is MADE of darkness, it should make the effects worse.
Aleri: I would send her to the House, but I'm still a little bit rattled from what just happened, and I don't trust my ability to generate corridors.
Rexial: Dammit, fine. If Minato doesn't remotely create a portal back out in the next five seconds, I take her back to the castle.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  greeneggsandSAM Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:25 am

<A question. I'm in TwoTown in Earthbound, what should I buy?>

Sammy: Alrighty then. I really don't mind the cold.

Bataia: I do... *she makes a quick burst of fire to warm herself up*
greeneggsandSAM
greeneggsandSAM
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:29 am

NebulaGregarZX wrote:<Dammit, man, I like listening to the BGMs, leave me alone! Hell, I'm listening to the FFV OST on YouTube in abother tab!>

<I like listening to BGMs too, but the game tends to take priority. And I am listening to songs from the Digimon Tamers OST on YouTube in another tab, your argument is invalid. SO TELL ME I'M RIGHT!!!>
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:33 am

<Twoson is the town name. And I don't know, I didn't pay nearly enough attention. Remember to withdraw money from the ATM, and deposit it before going into a battle you think you'll lose.>
<No, I prefer to listen to the music while playing. Taking it slowly lets me take in the atmosphere and appreciate the effort that went into the game, rather than blast through it and not care. There are a multitude of different reasons why one may want to go slowly, but I'm not saying they apply to everybody, or that they're even solid reasons. The fact that I use the option to walk in games proves you wrong. If anybody uses the feature at all, it has a purpose.>
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:51 am

<Um, no, not really. There's a suicide button in some games, and I'm sure some people use it. Does that mean it needs to be there? Not at all. And as for listening in-game...that's what the post-game is for.

NOW ADMIT IT! I. AM. RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EXCLAMATIONPOINT!!!!!!!!!!
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next