TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

+3
Cremator of the Sky
Maverick Entity
Haar_Dragon
7 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:35 am

Really, it's that in-depth? I've always heard stuff like "Borderlands has a million guns" and "Remember how Borderlands had a badillion guns? Borderlands 2 has a badillion more!" and all kinds of crazy crap about how many guns you can get. But honestly, how does it work and are there /really/ that many configurations?
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

Post  Maverick Entity Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:10 pm

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=110429
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=120616

My head hurts just from these two threads.

Screw school work, I am playing right now damnit!
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity
Gunamnex, the Commemoratio de Fortuna

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:44 pm

I'll tell you right now, no two are the same. Something about the way it's programmed makes it so that even if you get two of the same thing, one of them will have different stats to the other, like more firepower, quicker firing speed, etc. So...there's that.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:09 pm

It's an interesting system, but it can get a bit silly, particularly when you find vendor trash that has better parts than something a grade above it in rarity. Been the case so far for my new character today.

Earlier when I was playing (before I got called outside to clear up dead grass for 5 hours...), I had two white rarity explosion smgs that had the same name prefix and everything, but just a bigger mag on one and a scope on the other, but to most people they would be the same save for the sight difference, because the mag difference visually was quite minimal.

Still better than the sequel I feel.

Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:04 pm

So... has anyone else played Dark Souls?
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:44 pm

No, but I've heard a fair bit about it. Mainly that it's really hard.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu May 01, 2014 2:22 am

It's actually like an action game equivalent of SMT: when you first try it you probably make a lot of "mistakes", but once you get into it you really get into the groove. It's got a LOT of really nice scenery and a decent plot to it as well.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu May 01, 2014 2:54 am

I've been considering playing it for a while, but I figure I'll leave it be until I've finished a few other games, with my main reason being that I'm not very good at action games. I'm the "Oh, crap, it's a thing, better mash the attack button!" type of player, and from what I've heard, that's liable to get me killed. Many times over.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu May 01, 2014 5:02 am

...In the case of an SMT game, you could look up a set of guides to be absurdly ahead of the average player. In a game that comes down to reflexes and skill, that's not the case. ...Though I hear SMT games actually were somewhat on the "you die if you're not lucky" side, too. But I never got unlucky in a Persona game... well, Haar played Devil Survivor, and Crem knows a lot about SMT, so their opinions have more weight than mine.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu May 01, 2014 1:12 pm

It's actually not as hard as everyone says. The first time through, maybe, but usually by the second boss the mooks in levels won't give you much grief, though the bosses always will unless you've beaten them before. The game is hard, and does have moments of very cheap boss tactics, but playing co-op alleviates a lot of this, and using a guide basically removes a lot of the difficulty encountered because of exploration. After that, it's just bosses that will make you rage. That, and being hasty. There are things that make the games a lot easier, but they usually require foreknowledge: again, if you use a guide, these become apparent and allow you to focusing on getting better instead of "fawk, do I use /this/, or maybe /that/?" Like in my first playthrough, I was dependent on a sword that was twice the power of weapons I was currently getting drops of, and used it until something better came along. This let me focus on other combat mechanics like dodging, guarding, etc.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu May 01, 2014 2:42 pm

...dammit, I'm the hasty type...

Devil Survivor is very little luck unless you're the type to rely on criticals, I can say that much. The Persona games have mostly been "Don't get hit my Hama/Mudo," but beyond that it's also mostly skill. Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers...well, I went up against a boss that knew both Maziodyne and Megidolaon when I didn't yet have Maragilao. Both attacks killed me instantly, and I don't recall any warning on either of them, so that was mostly luck on my part.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Sun May 04, 2014 9:52 pm

Did someone say SMT?

Because I'm pretty sure I heard someone say SMT!

Oh wait, you guys are talking about Dark Souls. Never played it, but I played Demons Souls and I kind of liked it except for the dying left and right part. And then half the time I didn't know what I was even supposed to do. But I do love to watch some of OnlyAfro's videos detailing his glorious shenanigans in Dark Souls.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Location : The Ancient World that I have cremated and seeded with Metal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Thu May 08, 2014 2:30 am

Apparently Ruby and Sapphire are getting revised 3ds games now.

I might not have gotten into the latest pokemon games, but the nostalgia is strong right now. Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 3 2467127694 
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Thu May 08, 2014 2:52 am

Gen. 3 remakes confirmed. Hella yes.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu May 08, 2014 3:05 am

...Nice. I'm not really the emotional type, but Gen 3, specifically Ruby, was my first game in the series. Couple this with the fact that I lost my GBA, which was holding my copy of said game at the time, and...happiness. Plus, having the game updated with the split between Physical and Special attacks is going to feel really good. Oh, Mightyena, you will finally not be bad...
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu May 08, 2014 3:41 am

^^^^
That is my BIGGEST peeve playing the original versions of the old games: nothing is updated for Physical Special split, and only a few Pokemon have decent movepools. It got so bad I basically now have two static sets of pokemon to use during those: Three decent ones that cover almost all types, and a "never used this ever before" set.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Thu May 08, 2014 3:47 am

As I told a friend of mine; Hoenn confirmed.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu May 08, 2014 4:12 am

Zeldaman2.0 wrote:^^^^
That is my BIGGEST peeve playing the original versions of the old games: nothing is updated for Physical Special split, and only a few Pokemon have decent movepools. It got so bad I basically now have two static sets of pokemon to use during those: Three decent ones that cover almost all types, and a "never used this ever before" set.
Funny (or irritating) part is, they already knew which ones made contact because of abilities like Static, Flame Body, etc, but that had no impact on Physical Attack vs. Special Attack. CONTINUITY!!! Or rather, TAKE YOUR COMMON SENSE AND GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE!
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu May 08, 2014 7:04 am

This... this is actually happening? Crazy, amazing world we live in. But I could've sworn I heard there were rumors about a Gen III remake that turned out to actually be Gen VI.

...So, what features do you think will be kept from X and Y? I can imagine them keeping the character customization, but at the same time, Gen VI had a sort of correlation to France and a fashion theme to it, so changing clothes made sense. At the same time, it would be a shame to ignore the original, dynamic designs of Hoenn's protagonists... and running would likely be slower than the original, where I remember it being blindingly fast. Roller skates would be odd to add in, and I wonder how they would handle the Mach Bike and Aero Bike mechanic.

I'm in the same boat as Haar, Emerald was my first Pokémon game. Red didn't count, as I couldn't figure out the most basic concepts of the game. It took a while to leave Red's room. It took longer to figure out that rooftops weren't bridges that could be crossed. To sum up, I don't count Red as my first Pokémon game. Emerald, I sunk over a hundred hours into, even making a little bit of headway into the Battle Frontier - mind you, this was when I didn't know how strategy worked. I just liked the game that much.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu May 08, 2014 5:41 pm

From the marginally little I know and remember about X/Y, R/S/E, and the updated remakes in general, I have a feeling that we're going to get a new twist on the plot, or at least a fresh take, keeping the caught Pokemon experience, probably keeping the Gen VI experience formula, with some emphasis on the mini-games and those functions, but I would surmise reduced from Gen VI. There's likely going to be new attractions and swagtastic areas, alongside loads of new encounters.

And hopefully a higher Ralts encounter rate.

Though I wonder if Wally will end up fighting you with a Mega-Gardevoir, since we have Mega-evolutions now and Gardevoir was his best and trademark Pokemon.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu May 08, 2014 6:46 pm

That was actually the big thing I was wondering about, Mega Evolution. The big thing that you needed was a Mega Ring of some description, which was why Mega Evolution took so long to access in X/Y. I'd wonder whether they'd alter the story to include it. I know for HG/SS, they used the story from Crystal, but made Ho-oh/Lugia earlier to access and had Suicune as a sidequest rather than an encounter. But Emerald just scrapped the "Magma evil, Aqua good"/"Aqua evil, Magma good" in favor of "They're both evil, you have two teams to deal with!" I'm not sure they'd do something like that, considering the villain team was essentially the entire premise of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

So, basically what I'm saying is, I'm not sure they'll alter the story at all, but the postgame? Whole other story. X/Y kept most of the Mega Stones from you before postgame. Before that, all you get is Kanto-starterite, Gengarite, Lucarionite, and Abomasite. So I can imagine them including Mega Evolution as a thing for the aftergame.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu May 08, 2014 8:35 pm

Ahh, postgame content. That would be amazing. And slightly necessary, since battling against an X/Y player will undoubtedly be possible, and Game Freak wouldn't put two compatible games together with one side having an additional asset in battle with nothing on the other side to counter it.

I'd love to have stuff to do after beating the Elite Four aside from the Battle Frontier.

...Actually, don't you think they slightly hinted at the Gen III remake? Remember, there was a special event that got you a Torchic with Blazikenite. I participated and got mine, and it's probably going to be one of my backup team members, since Lucario and Charizard have my Fire, Fighting, and Flying needs covered.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Thu May 08, 2014 9:34 pm

Well, if you look at the box art, it does seem like Groudon and Kyogre are in Mega form on the cover.

Though, it may just be an updated design.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Sat May 10, 2014 12:11 pm

Got bored yesterday, tried to play the first New Super Mario Bros game for the Wii U again. Failed hard, then suddenly decided to finally sign up for Club Nintendo and look at what has been happening for Nintendo lately.

Tried the new Mario golf game demo, and man am I tempted. Shame there is no kirby demo, as I also feel intrigued by it.

So much desire to get something to play, but of course my online class starts in 2 days.
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Mon May 12, 2014 9:35 pm

Actually tried the KH DDD demo out just now. I forgot how awkward Sora sounds in it till that cutscene played out.

It felt rather odd, with all those rapidly changing commands and flow motions. I just don't think I could get into it.
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next