TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

+3
Cremator of the Sky
Maverick Entity
Haar_Dragon
7 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Mon May 26, 2014 8:36 pm

See, I wanna play Golden. I really do. But I dunno if it's worth a whole new system and putting in among all the backlog that I have. Like... I have a /lot/ of backlog. Far too much backlog. And Persona just isn't that high on the list. If I started playing, I'd want to finish it, and I think I was in the middle of a new run when I stopped last... In any case, choosing skills makes me feel a little... upset. In a way. Why have it for so long and then just streamline it all of a sudden? Maybe because it's the "Capcom Upgraded Edition" I suppose. That's going a little far, I know, but it still upsets me.

See, that's the thing that gets me. P3 will halt your grinding in a way that you can't grind effectively through exp gains and the tiredness system, but P4 limits you through experience and a complete lack of ways to efficiently restore SP. Then again, overall P4 doesn't have all of the midbosses that P3 has, and both are /much/ easier than SMT III. Which was /bulllllshiiiiiiit/. Fuck the Matador. You think anything in Persona is hard? Fight the Matador. Fuck that guy.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue May 27, 2014 1:13 am

The only really "hard" thing in Persona is those enemies that have Hama and Mudo. Because instant death is a complete bitch to deal with, especially when your party members are too stupid to use Revival Beads without you giving them the order. And yeah, I also noticed that P4 was waaaaaay stingier with SP restoring items.

Regarding choosing your moves...honestly, you'd probably just grind for a good moveset anyway, so...eh. And in P3 I never really felt the need to grind. Nothing was really that hard.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue May 27, 2014 4:54 am

Yeah, Persona 3 and 4 were tough if you didn't know what you were getting into, or just had terrible luck, but they were rarely bullsh*t.

Being able to select skills is kind of like a less-breakable and more convenient extension of Skill Cards in Portable. Still makes moving skills around easier, but it's not as BS-riddled as getting Maralagidyne from Mara and giving it to everything in your arsenal. Or Megidolaon. Those require obnoxious fusion-chains, and having skill selection lets the player know exactly which skills CAN be carried over between Personas, and thus encourages them to make better use of the system. It's a net gain for everyone, unless you're a grizzled veteran who hates all these new-age punks trying to beat their (semi) hardcore games and unlock all their secrets.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue May 27, 2014 10:30 pm

I'm actually super casual, and I don't mind it per se but it's still kind of... If you had this in mind around the time P4 came out why not put it in there? And not bullshit in P3? Uhm... The White Knight mid-boss is the only example I can think of off the top of my head, but he was stupid strong and it was a /really/ long and tedious fight even if you were prepared.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue May 27, 2014 10:34 pm

I didn't say it wasn't long/tedious. I said it wasn't especially hard.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:50 am

Got mario kart 8 last night, have had a blast playing it with someone I know, but on my own I kinda just get more annoyed then entertained.

Keep being tempted to buy what I would need to make a "cheap" gaming rig, but I just cannot justify the expenditure. I just want to try out Wildstar...
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity
Gunamnex, the Commemoratio de Fortuna

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:58 am

I actually get together with a group of friends every other Friday night, so we were playing Mario Kart 8 last night. Fun times. And I learned the extent of how terrible I am at Mario Kart. Though I have gained a strange appreciation for obese german elves wearing yellow, purple and green...
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:10 am

WildStar isn't worth it. I wouldn't recommend it personally.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:45 am

I know, it is just the artstyle, the characters, etc. Bloody thing looks like ratchet and clank thrown into a blender amongst other things.

Plus, it is one of those thing which I know someone who actually wants people to play it with, and I feel bad that I can't do so. Lots of pc games I want to try, but I just can't justify 700-800 dollars, even if I did it piecemeal.

As for mario kart, all bow before the Shy Guy Mafia.
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:35 pm

See, I'm more find of tall, lanky elves wearing purple and white.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:17 pm

I said "gained appreciation." My liking of the purple-and-white elves was already maxed like 30 levels ago. Unfortunately, my cap is lower than that of a friend of mine, and his enthusiasm for string-bean elves always results in his cursor reaching the Great Skinny One before I even realize we've reached character selection. But, you see, I choose the Mustard-and-Jelly elf as a distant second-best, and...well, he was the one who did best for me in the races.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Just finishing up the Nintendo Digital Conference.

Mein Gott, Nintendo has captured my heart again. Stuff like Splatoon is just what I want to see.
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:19 am

So, for those not in the know, there's another Game Company about to go up for sale soon. Who is it? Why it's none other than Capcom.

https://youtu.be/tx92Y6fx_4w

So, what does this mean exactly? Well, one of two things could happen. On one hand, a company who knows exactly what Capcom has and can do thus having them return to their former glory (or the closest thing to that). On the other hand, a company who doesn't know anything about them will just buy them and let them continue their subpar performance or just do absolutely nothing with them.

At this point, I want to say that I want Nintendo to be the one to buy Capcom. The maximum amount of good that would result in is greater than anyone else getting them, well okay except Sony, I'd be cool with Sony getting Capcom. Anyone else getting Capcom however... well, I'd rather not imagine.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Location : The Ancient World that I have cremated and seeded with Metal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:03 pm

Yeah, I gotta agree with this sentiment. I'd be okay with either one of them, though I'm not sure what exactly Nintendo would do with a series like Resident Evil. In the same vein, I don't know what Sony would do with something like Phoenix Wright, though. Still, being that the other options are A) People who, to my knowledge, don't associate with Capcom, or B) Microsoft...yeah, I'm gonna go with that's a bad idea.

EDIT: Wait, what the hell...? Is that an ad underneath my avatar...? I can't click it and I didn't put it there. The hell is that thing?

Last edited by Haar_Dragon on Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : That stupid thing under my Avatar, that's my reason!)
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:38 am

I'll work on trying to fix that Haar. Give me a few minutes.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:44 am

Well, the vanilla rankings look like garbage but its better than the ads. I'll fix anyone else's that I notice.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:07 am

Haar_Dragon wrote:though I'm not sure what exactly Nintendo would do with a series like Resident Evil

May I remind you that Resident Evil 4 was on the Gamecube and that Resident Evil Mercenaries was on the 3DS? But in all honesty, I could care less about Resident Evil or Dead Rising for that matter. If Nintendo goes and pulls the plug on them, all the better if you ask me. The world doesn't need anymore zombie games.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:48 am

Resident Evil 4 was also on the PS2, and from what I know (which is little, since I don't really play much--or really any--Resident Evil), Mercenaries is essentially just a survival mode. And besides that, I don't think Nintendo had a hand in their development. Bear in mind, there are also Wii versions of Call of Duty. Just because they have a game on their platform doesn't mean that they'd actually MAKE it. It's not like they're afraid to host M-rated games, but I gotta wonder what they'd think about actually developing them. I'm not saying it can't happen, either, I'm just saying, I kinda wonder.

And on an unrelated note, the ad is gone...and all is well...Thank you.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:20 pm

Haar_Dragon wrote:Resident Evil 4 was also on the PS2

Fun fact: It was actually going to be a Gamecube Exclusive with Shinji Mikami stating he'd "rather have his head cut off than have RE4 ported to the PS2".

Anyway, moving on from this subject, guess whose favorite P4 character got an awesomely subbed trailer for P4AU? https://youtu.be/3ZG1WIPQOGk

Best subs ever.

Spoiler:
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:09 pm

Huh. Looks like the chainsaw zombie got him.

...Cabbage detective? Am...I missing something?
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:48 pm

Adachi's trademark food is cabbage. It's cheap and affordable, healthy, and he's got a not-so-hot income, so it's perfect for him. He may have developed a taste for them, but I dunno for sure. It's alluded to in some of the times you can speak with him at Junes, and in his Social Link in Golden, I believe. Crem, you'd know the details on this one I bet.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:16 pm

NebulaGregarZX wrote:Adachi's trademark food is cabbage. It's cheap and affordable, healthy, and he's got a not-so-hot income, so it's perfect for him. He may have developed a taste for them, but I dunno for sure. It's alluded to in some of the times you can speak with him at Junes, and in his Social Link in Golden, I believe. Crem, you'd know the details on this one I bet.

Actually, you nailed it on the head. Due to Adachi's poor income, Cabbage is one of the few foods he can actually afford. I can't remember if he started liking them or not though. However, due to the anime (IIRC) having him bring it up on occasion, the fandom went nuts and associated him with it.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:37 pm

That's funny, I've seen a bit of that S-Link and beaten the original anyway, and I don't remember this. Like, at all. In fact, the only thing I remember is that he eats a lot of cup ramen. Which is...to say the least, not cabbage.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:26 am

Actually, I think if you visit Junes on some days he'll actually be there outside of those times during investigation quests where you're required to talk to him. During those times, I /distinctly/ remember him buying a toy airplane of some kind. Er... some kind of kid's thing. Point is he does show up at other times.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:43 pm

And that's what I get for fast-travelling. I mean, I was talking about what I remember of his eating habits, but still, I didn't know he had random days to just be there and be kinda useless. Did I? I might've found him there once...Eh, details.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6