TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Discussion Mark II

+12
Whats_Up4444
Aesoth
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Eques tenebrarum
lethalityComplex
PsychoticDoctor
Malakili007
AKeybladeYouSay
Haar_Dragon
Zeldaman2.0
NebulaGregarZX
khfreak358
16 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Discussion Mark II - Page 34 Empty Re: General Discussion Mark II

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:28 pm

Well, yeah.
They were kind of shitty to each other. It was pretty clearly just fanservice.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay
Norio, The Cordis Custodis

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:49 pm

Laides and Gantlemengs
I give you
Gay Retarded Superman
General Discussion Mark II - Page 34 Gayret11
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:56 pm

I am still awaiting the rage and "AWW!" when JK decides to make a full blown series focusing on the children.
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity
Gunamnex, the Commemoratio de Fortuna
Gunamnex, the Commemoratio de Fortuna

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:01 am

https://youtu.be/SwRiDMH7Iuw

So I made another LP episode. Not gonna lie. This one sucks.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:27 am

You've just gotta learn how to be better prepared with it, I guess. Know what you're going to say when you do the post-commentary, give the edited footage a once-over without the commentary to know you didn't fuck up with cutting it. You don't have to script yourself, just write out a little list, just to remind yourself what happens.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:38 am

General Discussion Mark II - Page 34 Gayret10Gay retarded superman is here to console you. Don't feel bad about yourself. Use your past experiences to make yourself better.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:03 am

Not really your best one, but I guess you knew that already. Personal recommendations from me, don't feel the need to cut out a ton of stuff. If it's going to be repetitive, like watching you climb something every time you fall or level-grinding, then yeah, go ahead and cut. Nobody really wants to see that. But beyond that, I'd say leave most of the footage. There were also a few blank spots in the commentary early on, but I have very little to say about that, since it did sort of improve as the video went on.

Major note: Don't comment about your editing decisions too much. It's okay to say "Not sure why I'm cutting so much," but if you say it repeatedly, it only draws attention to the choppiness of it. As a sort-of remedy, I'd recommend a transition, like how it fades in and out at the start of levels, or when you die.

And one last thing: Don't feel pushed to "just get it out there" if it means the quality will suffer. I'd rather wait a month for something good than a day for something lackluster.

All in all, I can't say too many good things about this specific episode, it was really kind of a speed-bump, but you do seem to know where this one fell short, so if you just work to fix the problems you already noted, you should do just fine.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:22 am

BOOP BOOP ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN BOOOOP BOOOOOOOP.

https://youtu.be/HdW_Y46DXiA

https://youtu.be/d3EFoT-yvss

Excuse me while I go buy a 3DS and a PS3.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:33 pm

That...was AWESOME. Also, did I see a five-way All-Out Attack in Persona Q? Which means that's a thing, which means five party members...Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be canon, since I clearly saw Shinjiro at some point. Here's hoping, though!

P4AU looks promising, too. Shadows appear to be separate characters, and now I'm really curious about Redhair McScarface. And did I see Adachi at the end there? That looks really cool...

Ideal party for Persona Q: Minato, Yu, Shinji, Kanji, and Yukari. However much I'd love to swap Yukari for Akihiko, I get the feeling a party where the only healers are the MCs would be a bad idea.

Others' thoughts on the subject?
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:48 pm

Notice something else in Persona Q: They referred to him as Minato Arisato, not Makoto Yuki or Hero. On the problem side of things, I think that they'll be restricted to their original Personas or something. It would be weird for them to have two full-on Wild Cards.

And it takes place during both Gekkoukan and Yasogami's school festivals... the former having been cancelled by the typhoon, and the latter being years after P3, in P4. I've seen some information stating that it takes place during a crack in time, and Shinjiro was still kicking ass around the time of the school festival. And apparently, you get to choose which cast you start with, P3 or P4, and they have their own beginnings. The other cast will appear during the story, likely after saving your chosen group's hide form a Shadow.

...Look up "Persona Q Character Introductions" and a party member's name on YouTube. You'll find one for everybody except for support, Koromaru, and Ken. And there's a video for each side, and they're each accompanied by a remixed track from one of the games. The main characters... you oughta check them out yourselves.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:57 pm

Haar_Dragon wrote:.Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be canon, since I clearly saw Shinjiro at some point. Here's hoping, though!

And did I see Adachi at the end there? That looks really cool...

Ideal party for Persona Q: Minato, Yu, Shinji, Kanji, and Yukari. However much I'd love to swap Yukari for Akihiko, I get the feeling a party where the only healers are the MCs would be a bad idea.
1. They mentioned something about "across time and space" in either the ad or the "about" part of the video.

2. Yeah, and it has his diction down, too.

3.  General Discussion Mark II - Page 34 2342113506

@Gregar: Yay, now your OCD about his name is settled!

Perhaps having two Wild Cards is an advantage in some ways, but you can't grind as easily with them?

Crack in time?... Shit now I really  need to go watch those Aigis' story scenes.

I'll post the links to the vids once I find them all.

I'm super hype for this game but the premise to me makes it seem like they're eliminating the Social Link system (considering that Yu and Minato are both fairly chummy with their party members at this point), they're creating a new combat system/more balanced combat system with the extra party member, and that the general premise/interface is going to change drastically, given the art style and the story concept.

For P4AU, I'm really excited for it but at the same time I'm also really skeptical about a PS3-only release. Like, yeah, I'm gonna be buying one sometime soon, but jeez. Really excited for Sho (twin blades) and considering like he looks like some fusion of Yu and old man Deidara from P4 proper, I'm really excited for another probable rushdown character.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:05 pm

I'm still surprised no one remembered Atlus announcing and posting teasers for this stuff, but eh it happens. And now for an accurate picture of how this thread is going to be for a while.

General Discussion Mark II - Page 34 Hype-Train-TRAVIS-1

As for Persona Q, I'm happy to see five party members instead of four, just because I like having more choices and such. Right from the get-go, I knew this was game was non-canon if only because of the art style, but also the fact Minato's alive and none of the other P3 cast look how they do during P4A. Still, it should be a nice and fun game regardless.

I'm really looking forward to P4A2, especially because of Sho and the chance of Adachi being playable. What some of you may not know is... Sho is a living shout-out to the first two Persona games. Best shown in his Instant Kill right here.

https://youtu.be/Le7NZ4PfhAY

"Understand that there is no point in living. Cry, that there is no answer."
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Location : The Ancient World that I have cremated and seeded with Metal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:40 am

I did notice the "crack in time" part, but here's the thing: Persona 3 accounts for every last day of Minato's life, starting from his first arrival in Iwatodai. It only fast-forwarded when he was unconscious from being sick and during the period when he and his friends had no access to their Personas. That said, if it is wormed into the canon, we'll see how. It did say something about the "Yasogami High Clock Tower bell." But again, we'll see.

Regarding S-Links, don't forget that Yu doesn't have any with Minato's party members or vice-versa. In addition, "A crack in time" is hardly the ideal place to be forming Social Links. Unless of course the crack in time is the dungeon, like Tartarus or the Midnight Channel...now THAT I'd like to see. Then again, that would obliterate the canon, which I also want to see. I want this to be canon because it looks awesome!

Um, P4AU isn't PS3-only. It wouldn't surprise me if it was, given that it's a sequel to a sequel to a game that never saw a multiplatform release, but I very clearly saw, at the bottom of the screen: "PS3, PSN, XBox 360."

Regarding "Sho" (where did you see that name? I didn't catch it...), I'm extremely curious, because it said that one man "claims" he was responsible, implying that it might not have been him. The fact that Adachi's face was shadowed over also got me really interested. Especially because Adachi was awesome. When life gives you Adachi, you accept it for fear he throws you into a television in the attempt to murder you.

Also, why didn't you already have a PS3 or a 3DS? That's an honest question, by the way, both systems have great libraries.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:11 am

I'm starting to wonder how canon this will be... P Q, that is. And I'm really interested in all the different ways they'd bounce off one another... particularly the Magicians, the Lovers, and the Priestesses.

I think they're stuck in there for however long. And the culture festival... that was
Spoiler:
I forget when in P3 the culture festival took place... Whatever I'm pre-ordering and hogging the CD to myself.

Huh. Whenever I went to look for release details I only ever got PS3 as the release console. I'll hold out until KH 2.5 comes out to get a PS3 at this rate then XD.

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Sho_Minazuki

Because I'm poor as shit and I spent my last college refund check on a new laptop. I'm spending this one on new clothes that I desperately need, internet bill for six months, my phone's minutes, and around 300 dollars on a 2DS, MH3U DS, Bravely Default, Pokemon X, Persona Q, and try to save the rest so I can eat during the day.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:23 am

I thought you didn't like Yukiko. What do you care how well she gets along with Fuuka?

So much hype for Bravely Default...and yet I can't make myself care. You get magic by Streetpassing for hours at a time or with money. That sounds terrible, at least to me. I'd rather just be playing KH3D, or Virtue's Last Reward, or Tales of the Abyss. Or any video game, rather than putting the thing in StreetPass mode for hours. Hell, I'd rather just go home and start playing Disgaea. Or Megaman Legends. Or Brawl. Or any video game. I dunno, to each his own.

You didn't need to look that far, dude, it was in the trailer.

And yes, the culture festival was after the point you specified. She took part, remember?

Speaking of P4, I'm considering buying a Vita, but debating in my head whether it's actually worth it, considering it has so few things actually on it, at least as far as things I can't get otherwise. And the three games that would have guaranteed I'd own the thing are all Japan-only. f*cking Japan. There were three games that America will be getting that caught my interest, but at the same time, it's something that isn't that far into its lifespan...it's kind of sad, but I don't think I've ever been so conflicted...
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:11 am

That's the exact opposite of the truth, Haar.

The Streetpass and Sleep Mode functions of Bravely Default are entirely optional and I've had a ton of fun with the game myself. I've owned it for about a week and already logged around 35 hours into it.

The "magic" that you're talking about is Bravely Second, a feature that allows you to take up to four extra actions in battle. Now, this may seem "broken" but you can do this normally at any time. Braving and Defaulting are core mechanics that allow you to skip actions or take them in advance. I've used it once or twice the entire time I've been playing and not once have I even had to think about keeping it "full."

What I'm trying to say here is, before you start shooting down Bravely Default for being terrible because of a totally optional feature that is easily ignored, play the goddamned demo.

It's really a great game and I'm currently having a wonderful time with it without Bravely Second being involved.

Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:26 am

I'm not shooting it down. I said it didn't especially interest me, and ended with "to each his own." I didn't see too much of it (pretty much just what was in the Nintendo Direct), and they advertised the Streetpass as if it were a really big deal. Though looking back, they do that with everything. Either way, I'll be holding off on it, since I have an ever-growing pile of video games that I still have to play, which now includes the better part of the Disgaea series, Final Fantasy IX, finishing Virtue's Last Reward, and doing the same thing with Tales of Xillia, Tales of the Abyss, and Tales of Symphonia Chronicles. And an assload of others.

Though hearing that the Streetpass stuff is easy to ignore does change it from "Meh. Probably going to pass on that" to "Might give it a try if I can get through the other thirty games I still have to play." I will admit, looking back at it, that I did sound very negative, but again, all I meant was that I was uninterested. Anyway...I should probably catch up on my video games. And stop going to freaking Gamestop.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:36 am

Haar_Dragon wrote:I thought you didn't like Yukiko. What do you care how well she gets along with Fuuka?

So much hype for Bravely Default...

You didn't need to look that far, dude, it was in the trailer.
1. I was interested in the dynamic since Arcana is dependent on mindset.

2. You play Sonic 06 and think it's "not that bad". I think that speaks for itself.

3. Then why did you question it?
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:11 am

Ah, okay. I guess that makes sense.

I didn't say it's "not that bad." I said it's not as bad as people say, but still a waste of time. Also, I haven't played that much of it. As far as I've been told, the bugginess gets worse the further you go. I've gotten a couple of levels after the first boss. This is only my opinion thus far, and Sonic '06 is not that high on my priority list. Much higher on said list are things like Pokemon or writing random stories on my own time or napping because I stay awake for way too long at night. And reading books, but y'know what, we'd be here all night if I were just listing things that are higher priority than a poorly-received Sonic game that I find more bland and uninteresting than bad. I bought it for like $10 as a holdover until I could find something better. Which I did.

And I questioned it because you brought up a "PS3-only release," which confused me.

What I've gathered so far: I have a habit of overthinking things...
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:15 pm

Bravely Default? I don't think using Streetpass is necessary for it. I kicked the demo's ass with nothing but my own skill and planning, which made the last cutscene kind of awkward, when they said how they couldn't have done stuff without help. I'm going to pretend they just meant me. I wish I had the money to get the full game, but I don't. I'mma have to fix that.

And dude, Bravely Default is kind of amazing, in my opinion. It basically has FFV's Job Class System; y'know, my FAVORITE of all of the games, ever. And it doesn't look half bad, either. It's like if Square Enix made a more old-school Final Fantasy game again, unlike the stuff they're doing with FFXIII and XV. I've been looking forward to this since before I knew it existed.

And about dual Wild Cards, does this mean that the system will give you a Game Over if even ONE of them dies, or if both die, or if ANYBODY dies? Maybe they'll have mercy and make it so that- pfffffft, no, I can't even finish that. ATLUS and mercy don't mix, most of the time.

And on the name Minato Arisato, I was never all THAT OCD about it. Hell, I even used Makoto Yuki for my next playthrough of P3P. It just tripped me up at first, and once the movie comes out subbed, I'll get it down within the first ten minutes. It didn't take much for me to get used to Yu Narukami, and I played through the whole game as Souji Seta first.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:58 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot about the movie. Is that getting an English release or do I have to hunt down a subbed version on the internet?
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:50 pm

Well, my mistake, in that case. The advertising I saw for it really hyped the streetpass, though again, in hindsight they do that for everything. And again, I might pick it up, if I get through the forty-gazillion other games laying around my room.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:52 pm

It's times like this when I come to appreciate the fact that I own two games I have yet to complete. Then I realize that:

a) I don't own a large amount if games to begin with

And b) I still have a fair number of it her side activities occupying my time. Like catching up with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D… or reading Samurai Jack… or Deadpool… or eventually Powerpuff Girls once the trade gets released… and probably doing the same with Ben 10 and being sorely disappointed by it… or, most recently, getting fully caught up with Chew. Not to mention the two ideas for crossover fics that I'm probably going to get around to soon enough. Dammit, brain, stop making me do things!
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:10 pm

...Org.XIV: Recompleted.

That is all.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:46 pm

Yeah. I'm really sorry about that. And I'll just come clean, I probably won't have that backstory ready for a while, and it's probably best you keep going without it. I can't apologize enough for telling you this as late as I have, I have no excuse for it, and I feel really bad about it. The truth is, what I have planned, still needs to be fleshed out more in my head before I can really have it written and ready for submission. Again, I am sorry.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next