TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

+12
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Eques tenebrarum
lethalityComplex
XGeass
Maverick Entity
Zeldaman2.0
Aesoth
khfreak358
NebulaGregarZX
Haar_Dragon
Malakili007
AKeybladeYouSay
16 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 22 Empty Re: Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Troll 2! I love laughing at that movie! We watched it for Mods and Myth when we were talking about the Hero Cycle! ...Yeah, the teacher was definitely a fan of "so-bad-it's-good" movies. Can't blame him, I love those too.

So, I've just played a few hours into KH1.5. Not a fan of a couple of recolors...specifically Guard Armor...oh dear, what did they do to you...? Anyway, just saying that to wipe it in the face of all of you. I'm an asshole.Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 22 1521552378

Anyway, yeah, it's definitely not a disappointment, even if I haven't gotten into the meat of the extra stuff yet. Up to this point it's still just as great as I remember...
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 22 Empty Re: Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:09 pm

From the rest of us too poor to own it/don't have it yet?: A kind GO FUCK YOURSELF, sir.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:11 pm

Both are bad, but I maintain my previous statement, and that the writing in Final Fantasy XIII is still not as bad as the movies I listed. And I can provide reasons for that.

The Last Airbender: At least the characters in FXIII convey emotion as opposed to simply being exposition dispensers. Mind you, that game could have used a lot more exposition, but still.

Signs: The villains in FFXIII at least knew how to open a damn door.

Super 8: The game doesn't bore me to tears!
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:12 pm

Oh don't worry about it from me Haar I'm just going to sit playing my special limited edition advance copy of Grand Theft Auto V. In fact it's so special they put an I in front of the V.

(I live in a world of grandeur)
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:38 pm

Cremator of the Sky wrote:
PsychoticDoctor wrote:Nebula, I'm excited for the new combat system. Because to be very honest, XIIIand XIII-2's combat system made me wanna die.
THANK YOU.

Honestly, this was easily what turned me away from XIII altogether. When I first saw it, I was all "Sweet, it's going to be Tales of Final Fantasy. Horrible writing, you are somewhat forgiv-" and then I saw the game would rather play itself while I watch it. No FF13, you aren't a movie, and even if you were, you'd be the worst one ever made.
Faking Odin though. I can't get two hits on the bastard and he kills me. I tried modded saves (which I only use for Minecraft Worlds and messing around in open world RPGs) but noPE, GAME FREEZES.

That's why I'm hyped for LR's combat system. 

For anyone who doesn't know about le combat system, let me explain.

You have three schema. One can be for healing and buffs, one for magic attacks, and one for physical. Once this bar fills up, you can basically tear into the unlucky fucker by mashing the shit out of the buttons. It's a more actionesque RPG. It has the tactics of XIII that I loved and a more fast paced fighting system.
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:18 pm

For where you would be in terms of levels in the game when you fight Odin, yeah, he's a pain. At that point, you gotta level grind for a bit, for some new abilities and junk. I only beat it because Lightning was so jacked up...
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:29 am

PsychoticDoctor wrote:
You have three schema. One can be for healing and buffs, one for magic attacks, and one for physical. Once this bar fills up, you can basically tear into the unlucky fucker by mashing the shit out of the buttons. It's a more actionesque RPG. It has the tactics of XIII that I loved and a more fast paced fighting system.
So... it's not a true action RPG like it should be? Really glad I've turned my back on SE.

Also, in regards to the movies, you got me there with Troll 2 and what not. Forgot those things existed. Especially Birdemic.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Location : The Ancient World that I have cremated and seeded with Metal.

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:03 am

I'll turn my back on Square Enix when - and by that, I mean if - FFXV turns out not to be vastly greater than XIII, they announce that FFV and VI will definitely never be remade, Kingdom Hearts III bombs, they try and fail to make Chrono Break, and they announce to the world that they hate puppies. It may just be that I'm too willing to give people or groups a number of chances to redeem themselves, but...

So, anybody else heard about something called Mighty No.9? A certain former-CAPCOM individual went and started work on a game by that title, with a child-like robot protagonist, eight-boss format... Do I have to spell it out?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:57 am

This...certain Capcom individual wouldn't happen to be Keiji Inafune, would it?

As for me, Square just earned a SH*T load of brownie points for bringing KHFM to me, so I will turn my back on them only if not only does FFXV suck (which, if it's spending this long in development, it really really shouldn't), but also Kingdom Hearts decides it doesn't need to try, succeed, or continue existing.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:01 am

If you're unaware, Nebula, Inafune outright admitted it was a spiritual successor to the Blue Bomber.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:21 am

I don't think he needed to state it at all... Still, I'm gonna miss ol' Mega Man. My trust in CAPCOM is much lower than my trust in SE... much lower.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:34 am

NebulaGregarZX wrote:I don't think he needed to state it at all... Still, I'm gonna miss ol' Mega Man. My trust in CAPCOM is much lower than my trust in SE... much lower.
Really? Because I trust Capcom much more than I trust SE. By a long shot.

See, what all of you probably don't know is that Capcom's lost not only Inafune, but also Mr. Mikami (the man who originally brought us REs 1-4, Devil May Cry, and several other games) and Mr. Kamiya (the behind Clover Studios, in this case Viewtiful Joe, God Hand, and Okami). I only say "Mr" because I can't remember their first names. ANYWAY, all three of them are gone, the only person left in the Capcom Old Guard is Mr. Ono (Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, Capcom vs. Whatever, all of their fighters) who is currently having health issues IIRC.

Now with that information in mind, can you really blame Capcom for all of the stupidity that's been going on in the last six or so years? They've lost all of their shining stars. Incidentally, if anyone's curious what happened to Mikami and Kamiya, they are currently the heads of Platinum Games.

And... has SE lost anyone as of late? I really don't think so. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:47 am

I think the old art director (1-5) left quite some time ago, and Nobuo hasn't been on board for a while (I think).
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:55 am

I disagree. Losing some of your star workers doesn't exactly excuse an insane drop in quality. And as I recall, Inafune left because he got fed up with CAPCOM, which was a result of their actions, for the most part. Meanwhile, you ignore that SE actually went and made KH3D, which is a - surprise, surprise - actually good game. in fact, Re:coded was good, too, but most people overlook that one. And they're bringing the Final Mix content of KHI to us bundled with an HD remake. Their problem, really, is their annoying fascination with FFXIII. If they'd just drop it and move on, focusing on making new Final Fantasies, entirely different settings, themes, ideas... maybe begging Uematsu to compose for them again, it would actually be pretty good, I bet, unless they get the idea that XIII was actually great, and they should make ALL their games as annoying, requiring us to look up explanations on the internet to understand the main plot.

F*ck FFXIII. Even Kingdom Hearts isn't that bad about leaving us without important details! We can follow the basic plot and make some semblance of sense of it without snooping through background info! Final Fantasy X was better, having a straightforward story that was actually something we could understand and follow, without being confused because of a lack of information! BAH!

...So, to sum up, FFXIII sucks, and that's the heart of SE's problems. CAPCOM, however, is missing a heart, which doesn't excuse the drop in quality. While SE has problems, CAPCOM lacks basically anything that redeems them in my eyes. Except that one fangame they sponsored because it was actually good, that was a nice gesture, and a surprising one. That sliver of hope is all I have for CAPCOM at this point, while SE has plenty of good to work with, even with the bad, which eventually has to go away. They can only work on FFXIII sequels and spinoffs so much before they run out of stories to tell, and then they'll HAVE to move on.

TL;DR: CAPCOM scared Inafune off, their quality drop is not excused by their lack of amazing personnel, SE just has a fixation on FFXIII that they need to get rid of, and they'll be pretty good.

Also! Anybody else heard about this? A friend told me that SEGA might buy ATLUS, since they're in serious financial trouble... That friend is surprisingly reliable with his information.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:57 am

I...can totally blame them for that, actually. I don't really care if they lost their big-shots, that doesn't give them the right to not try. Who's to say that Resident Evil can't be done well in someone else's hands? How can we be sure the only one we can trust with Megaman is Inafune? Regardless of who leaves your company, you still have to actually try and produce a good game, one that doesn't have DLC ON THE BLOODY DISC that you have to re-pay for to unlock. Megaman's 25th anniversary was a fan-game that doesn't credit the original creator. I don't care if Inafune is with you, with someone else, or dead, you do not get to do that. Capcom will not see more of my money unless I hear that they're getting their sh*t back together.

I understand perfectly well that Square has made some...questionable decisions, but when I actually look at it, FFXIII isn't all that bad as far as I've seen. The battle system that I hear you hate on is really just the same ATB system we had from FFIV onward, only visually updated. According to Maverick, A Realm Reborn -Final Fantasy XIV- is apparently really good, they've brought KHFM to us (and that was the thing I was maddest at them for), and they seem to, in general, have gotten their act back in the game after Final Fantasies X-XII.

And I seem to recall having this conversation with you over PMs before, but all the same. And there's a thing I feel the need to bring up: Kingdom Hearts. I know, on a KH forum and everything! But you said another thing about Square that bothers you is the Kingdom Hearts "spinoffs." They're not spinoffs. Every one of them...except Days, is important to the story, and Days does have a compilation of its most important moments in the form of KH 1.5, so really, there aren't any spinoffs. I understand that I've failed to mention Coded, but...I don't want to call it a spinoff, and it's not really important to the main story...it's more like filler than anything else. But out of 7 games, only 2 aren't important to play. Kingdom Hearts 1, naturally, is important, Chain of Memories introduced the Organization and Namine, KHII continued that and introduced the rest, Days...showed what Roxas was doing. Like I said, not that important, moving on, BBS gave us new characters and revealed more of Xehanort's plan, Coded...filler. And KH3D fleshes out Xehanort's plan even more, gives us a bunch of epic moments, and shows Sora's and Riku's Mark of Mastery Exam.

PHEW! That got ranty there. Point being that Capcom isn't even really trying, while at least Square is improving on its flaws and undoing some of its poorer decisions. There's not much they can do about producing KHIII while its main people are still with the company working on another major project. And...that's all I have to say on the subject.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:13 am

It's times like these I realize I make myself look like a completely antagonistic jerk. Sorry about that everybody. I'll just keep to myself on stuff like this.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:26 am

It doesn't come of as antagonistic, at least not to me. It makes me wonder how you came across a board dedicated to Kingdom Hearts, but it doesn't come off as antagonistic. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean you're not entitled to an opinion.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:31 am

To be fair, you did seem slightly antagonistic to me, but that's because...

A: This is a Kingdom Hearts board, not a... Street Fighter/Resident Evil/WhateverCAPCOMmakesthesedays board.
B: KH1.5 released today, which we're all excited about.
C: I'm tired, and my perception of other peoples' intentions is warped when I can't think quite straight.

...so it's a matter of opinion, not unlike our little debate just now.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:55 am

I may have described it a bit wrong. I'll get some links and stuff up for LR when I get home.
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:07 am

… So, getting off of that topic. Bought Super Smash Bros. Brawl a few days ago, an I have a story to tell. I was doing some four-way brawls with random opponents a couple days ago. And, I shit you not, five matches in a row, Ganondorf shows up. And somehow, despite how god awful he is, he kept kicking my ass. In the first match, all deaths were on him. And I was playing with all my better characters. What the hell?
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:11 am

I other game news on tuesday....GTA V...shall be in my hands...then about a week later I will get my limited edition Pokemon X/Y 3DS
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:20 am

So, I take it that means you haven't played KH3D yet?

Such a freaking stellar game...
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:27 am

no it sits upon my shelf in quiet patience
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:32 am

It is awesome and you should play it before you play any other video game. There's a bit of really stupid that's literally the last thing in the game, but at the same time, it's the kind of stupid that makes me at least feel really satisfied despite how dumb it is. I'd say more and be less vague, but then we'd be getting into spoiler-y stuff.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:34 am

the question is....should i finish BBS first?
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next