TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Atlantis and His Anime

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Atlantis and His Anime - Page 2 Empty Re: Atlantis and His Anime

Post  Atlantis_Rising Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:24 am

Anime: Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?

Score: 9.5/10

Premise: The gods (all of them from primarily Greek mythology, with others peppered in) have come to Earth. They look to build 'familias' that function as guilds. "Adventurers" go into the dungeon to make money by killing monsters on floors. The world functions like an RPG wherein the Adventurer will level up and their skills work on an A-S class system. (Just so people who have not seen this before, leveling up from 1-2 is a BIG deal. It's seen as extremely difficult, even for the best Adventurer) Bell Cranel, the protagonist, is the sole member of the goddess Hestia's familia. He came to town to become an adventurer after his grandfather, whom was his sole care giver as his parents suffered from Pre-Series Death Syndrome, fell down a large crevasse and any and all villagers nearby deemed it too dangerous to go looking for him.

He meets the best Adventurer in the land, Aiz "The Sword Princess" Wallenstein, also referred to as "Wallenwhatsit" by Hestia, as she is jealous of the attention that Bell gives her. She is introduced by saving Bell from a minotaur that she had chased from the 17th floor down to the 1st. She agrees to help train Bell. She is, to be honest, the most bland character of the series. She is a member of the Loki (who is in alcoholic female form) Familia.

Hestia is, as I stated, Bell's goddess. Due to her petiteness and her *ahem* 'assets,' she is known, jokingly by all the other gods and goddesses, as the Loli Boob Goddess. She is extremely jealous of Bell's relationship, as well as protective. She's a goofball character that grew on me enough to become possibly my favorite character of the series.

There are other side characters, such as a supporter with an arch dedicated to the growth of hers and Bell's relationship, as well as a blacksmith who joins Bell's party because he is the first person to go out of their way to purchase his armor and other equipment.

Pros: This anime does what Sword Art Online wanted to, but fell short. Rather than the "guys we play games 'cuz lulz and fun times," this is literally how this world operates. It makes a phenomenal attempt at building relationships between all characters involved, even characters you meet in the last episode have an emotional tie to the viewer.

Cons: As per usual for a series such as this, the main character is broken. He starts off as probably the worst Adventurer to ever adventure, and ends the (again hopefully) first season as the greatest in history.

Overall: I thoroughly enjoyed it. Bland lead, and anime trope #1 aside, it is fantastic. I honestly didn't even take a real notice to Bell being broken until the HUUUUGE plot twist at the very end of the last credits. The growth, art, and story make up for both of the missteps in a gigantic way. I laughed at every joke, I was tied into every event, no matter how small, and I highly recommend you give it at least a once over.
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

http://rp.eliteskills.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlantis_Rising Mon May 09, 2016 1:52 am

Space Dandy next up. Currently on Season 2 Episode 8
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlantis_Rising Mon May 09, 2016 2:06 am

Atlantis_Rising wrote:Space Dandy next up. Currently on Season 2 Episode 8

Watching this episode makes me want to go back and make this an episode by episode review. May do so. Fucking love this anime.
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon May 09, 2016 3:27 am

Yeah, man, Space Dandy is great. I can't remember which episode is which, but they're all good in their own way.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2