TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Discussion Mark II

+12
Whats_Up4444
Aesoth
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Eques tenebrarum
lethalityComplex
PsychoticDoctor
Malakili007
AKeybladeYouSay
Haar_Dragon
Zeldaman2.0
NebulaGregarZX
khfreak358
16 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

General Discussion Mark II - Page 38 Empty Re: General Discussion Mark II

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:34 pm

There! I edited the post, so while there's technically a much smaller chunk of writing to it, it's better writing, and some of it is all-new! now I just need to reconnect this with the scenario that comes after, and fix that, and then we'll be good for a stretch!
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:47 am

Just a quick thing. Has everyone posted that wants to for REM? Because I'm going to move us along if that's the case. I just don't want to leave anyone in the dust here with it.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:55 am

(Sh*t, plan ruined. Aaaaaaand I do believe he ignored that entirely. Well, what do you say when you walk in the door and see somebody still trying to hang up a "Surprise!" banner?)

I intended on being introduced a little later, mostly since I feel like having too many introductions all at once would be annoying. Besides, it might be interesting to introduce him from a different angle. Maybe introduce him at school, then have the narrative follow him home, and show how he gets up for school the NEXT morning.

Plus, it might even be fun to introduce him first as just a newfound friend to one of the other characters, and after being befriended he gets involved. Unless the mechanics of the story don't work like that, and if he's involved, he gets dragged in on the first night. Is that how it works? I forget whether you spelled it out so directly.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:01 am

Well, because of how the new conditions worked out, he's actually already a part of the group that is awakened to thier personas... Which means I have yet to assign him a room and he needs one... Whoops.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:06 am

...So, perhaps he's late moving in? Honestly, it's probably my fault for not doing ANYTHING about REM lately; not revising my character, not working out further details, just letting it be. So of COURSE you weren't thinking about my character; the most you had to remember him by was an "okay, I'm keeping him in, not dropping his character" without so much as mentioning his name. And considering that he didn't have an intro before, either... yeah. You probably forgot his name by now. I'm surprised I remember it sometimes.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:17 am

Yeah, that'll work out just fine.

And for those curious, Shino is going to be the first victim of the shadows that joins the group. I'll make the post of that event when it happens. It's got some time still.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm

I'll probably work in a revised version of the other guy, minus the split personality, but I don't need to do that right now. Abel, AKA the important one, is all set.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:26 am

So, for a topic to talk about, I've been watching a lot of anime these last few months, and I have to say, I'm sorely disappointed in myself that I didn't see a lot of these sooner. Then again, for some I probably would not have gotten the full effect were I not the age I am now. I digress though.

I started off by watching Persona 4 the Animation. As most of you who frequent this board are familiar with it, I'll skip most of the details and simply say that I think it's really good, and a great alternative to the game if you want to re-experience it without spending the whole 90 hours of game time. They added in a few extra scenes which add more to Narukami (the MC) and his character as a whole. Highly recommended.

Gurren Lagann... What can I say? It's Gainax, and thankfully it's not quite as heavy and morbid as Neon Genesis Evangelion. I rather liked this one for the hype and the overall fun atmosphere of the show, and the soundtrack complements the show extremely well. I love the art and the palette that they chose for the show, and having Link's voice actor (yes, he of Legend of Zelda) star in a major role was really well received, though that's for the Japanese dub. If you want a fun ride, I recommend this. Not for people expecting anything remotely serious.

On that note, Kill la Kill. Jesus. I never thought I'd be invested so much into such a goofy premise, but then again, I came to this board for Kingdom Hearts, so I'll shut my mouth on this one. Also made by a lot of the Studio Gainax people, the art style really shows but for some reason I feel like it's a tad inferior to Gurren's. I'm probably just crazy on that though. There's a pretty simple story, and as with Gurren, watch this if you're expecting hype and action, but not a lot of sense. Still really good, and manages to pull out the proper stops at the proper time.

Have any of you guys seen these? I'll post more if you guys are interested, or even more in-depth if you guys want. Anything to get the board lively again!
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:25 pm

Ah, the P4 Anime. ...I've heard tell that they're making a Persona 4 The Golden anime. Dunno what that'll be like. As for the original, I've seen it start-to-finish in both Japanese and English. The dub made some weird changes, such as removing subtlety from the dialogue. Like having Yosuke and Chie actually call Kanji 'gay' by accident while babbling to explain themselves. And some other dialogue was made more suggestive, and at one point, Kanji actually mumbles "f*ck off" in his sleep.

Gurren Lagann is one I prefer in the English dub, but I feel like they're about equal in terms of quality. Wanna hear some interesting things about the show? The scene in the opening was meant to be a proper flash-forward, but then the plot actually turned out rather different, so that was explained as an alternate future when the heroes went power-crazy and destroyed the universe. And the fight in the first episode with Kamina just before Simon saved him? The creators said that if Kamina had continued the fight on his own, he would have won.

As for Kill La Kill, I'm only up to episode 6. I don't care about spoilers, though, I've looked into the show to the point that I'm beyond spoiling. Did you know that the title is a weird pun? It can be translated in a lot of interesting ways, including "Dressed to kill" or "She who kills the clothes". Something like that. The studio is actually called Trigger, and they split off from Gainax. It's the same animation team as Gurren Lagann, yeah.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:31 pm

I didn't know about the P4G anime thing, but I did hear about the rest of that from the TV Tropes pages on both of those. I'm still not sure how Kamina would have won the first fight without Yoko and Simon though XD

And yeah, Dressed To Kill sounds cool, but if we had that we wouldn't have the famous "Hype la Hype" nickname for it.

I suppose I'll post more tonight, including my new absolute favorite anime.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:15 pm

It amuses me to no end that the studio that practically killed the Super Robot genre went on to make an anime that was simply an Ode to the genre.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Location : The Ancient World that I have cremated and seeded with Metal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:07 am

So, the other day I put up some shonen, now for some shoujo and seinen.

Kanokon... is a big ol' mixed bag. It's not necessarily recommended if you're not into the content they're throwing down (think Rosario Vampire with much less action... and replace it with the show's "humor"). Furthermore, in the last few episodes they seem to build up to something and completely abandon it. I can't say much more without spoilers, but it's disappointing in my eyes for other shows like it, as it doesn't truly move much. If you like fanservice, fox girls, and shenanigans, this is a show for you.

Mitsudomoe, however, is a Slice of Life shoujo in the same vein as Lucky Star, though they take the jokes a lot farther, and again, not for everyone. The characters are fairly endearing though and the humor is pretty well-paced and nearly everyone gets at least half an episode to themselves. If you want something to cheer you up, or if you're in the mood for a small dose of feels, this is the show for you.

Muromi-san is an interesting show that takes notes from each of the two above. It's not fanservice-based and it's not quite all slice of life, more something cute, I would suppose. I haven't seen all of it, but I plan to. From what I've seen, it's based in mythology a lot, with one of the characters being a yeti, and another being a kappa, and third still is the infamous Leviathan. This one seems to incorporate action and character interaction as the primary focus. If you like nonsense, fun, and mermaid, this is a show for you.

Next listing: Nomming, and gallons of blood.

Last edited by Zeldaman2.0 on Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:39 am

I almost feel like I should contribute to this, but I'm honestly not the biggest anime viewer. Hell, lately I've been more into reading comics, and while part of me wants to do what you're doing and just list off comics I've read recently, I honestly don't think many people here would care/know what I was talking about. I will say this, though, I really need to watch Gurren Lagann at some point.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:58 am

Yes, yes you should. I have a small grasp of the things you like, and I'm pretty sure that it numbers among them.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:44 pm

khfreak358 wrote:I almost feel like I should contribute to this, but I'm honestly not the biggest anime viewer. Hell, lately I've been more into reading comics, and while part of me wants to do what you're doing and just list off comics I've read recently, I honestly don't think many people here would care/know what I was talking about. I will say this, though, I really need to watch Gurren Lagann at some point.

Oh don't feel too bad kh, you can just do what I do and lurk until something relevant to your interest pops up. It's not too bad really.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Location : The Ancient World that I have cremated and seeded with Metal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:42 am

Ah Kanokon, I remember that one fondly. It is amazing how animes no matter how old or obscure still remain vivid in memories just by reading the name again.

Having been watching any shows recently, mainly because the last thing I need is my laptop to get infected by a bad link. Was hoping Sabagebu was going to be the sequel airsoft show to C3-bu (along with not having any mystical crap thrown in that made that show nothing like the manga), but the anime team basically went "lulz lets take everything airsoft out of it!" and I just walked away.

I find myself constantly checking Batato for updates to various mangas, or rereading an entire series.

I myself am awaiting the doom that is fall courses, having left my workplace on the 8th for essentially a mini vacation for myself at home (which is basically me having to do chores and playing monster hunter or mario kart or just trolling the web). Cannot get to any airsoft field this month, which is entirely disappointing.
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity
Gunamnex, the Commemoratio de Fortuna
Gunamnex, the Commemoratio de Fortuna

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:04 am

Hey, guys, I'm going to be leaving for vacation tomorrow afternoon, and I'll be back on the 23rd. Or the 25th. Either way, I'll be off for about a week. Sorry if this sets things back, Haar, Edgar. And I won't have my laptop with me, so I can't work on those fixes to Recompleted that are preventing me from posting more.

...Hm. Think I should try getting that done real quick before vacation so I can post the results of my labor? All I need to do is remember exactly what I'm doing so I can write a little bit that bridges two parts of the writing.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:56 am

We'll miss you man! Come back soon!

So... if anyone still cares (or doesn't, really, I'm doing this more for the fact that I'm bored at the moment), here's a few more anime.

Madoka Magica. Yeah, I watched it, and it's not as bad as I thought it'd be one way or the other, though it really lacks conviction. Or perhaps the magical girl genre is a bit more tame than I had realized. The fights, few though they were, I didn't have a problem with... except that out of perhaps the ten they showed on-screen, I can only think of like three. It's a thirteen episode series, and there's not much of a hook until about episode five or six, and that hook is there to carry you to the actual plot, starting the next episode, which can easily carry you to the finale if it invests you. Otherwise, leave this the hell alone, cause it's not worth it otherwise. Decent soundtrack, for what it's worth, and the art is pretty good, with great designs. Kyoko Sakura is a favorite of mine. If you like the magical girl genre, watch this. Otherwise I do /not/ recommend it.

Attack on Titan. This... I was expecting sharper feels from this. What I DID get, however, was a huge sense of despair throughout, which made up for it. While currently incomplete (they're working on a third season, I believe) Attack on Titan (which I will now refer to as AoT or SnK [for Shinjeki no Kyojin]) is probably hard for me to critique because, well, I was heavily invested. The first episode got me like it got a lot of people, and from then on I at least wanted to see how badly everyone got their asses kicked. This is a show that I can't say too much about without the risk of spoilers, but aside from that I heartily recommend it for the action, the intrigue, and the interpersonal dramas that tend to develop in this kind of a world. If you like action and aren't squeamish, if you like intrigue and suspense where the action is absent, and if you like broken-minded kids and despair, this is an anime for you.

Deadman Wonderland. Fuck this anime. Not because it's "bad", it's all right for being pretty much a test run or a promo of the manga, but otherwise, fuck it. How they handled some of the story and their approach to a lot of it throws me off, the gore is comparable to Attack on Titan (but with a reduced cast size and Red Shirt Army), and honestly needless. Backing off from the story, and if it were to stand alone, there's several plot holes, namely with a character who doesn't even show up til episode 10 (of like 12 or 13 I think) and then there's everything to do with... Ugh, I'm sorry. I just got burned out really, really badly with the ending to the anime, and I'm going to read the manga. If you like short anime, gore, crazy characters, swearing, and broken characters (mentally broken) then this is an anime for you. However, I strongly recommend /against/ this anime.

Neon Genesis Evangelion. Jesus fucking Christ, where do I begin? I watched this a while back, and watching it again might be good for me, since the ending kind of lost me. That, or just google it, it's one of those kinds of endings. The plot is a little convoluted, but it's premise is a post-apocalyptic Earth, though it doesn't LOOK apocalyptic, and that's something that I find to be really, really cool. The fights are well-paced, there's about 18 of them throughout about 26 episodes, not counting the movie-ending, and then there's the reboots, which I am hoping to watch at some point. The anime is really fairly depressing though, and it deals with a lot of complex characters. If you like anime that mess with your mind, action, Super Robots, etc, Eva is right for you, and I give this a positive recommendation.

Next time: my favorite anime, slasher grins, and "Do it for the vine, Vic."
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:07 pm

I got to burn shit in Chem 1 today : D
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:41 pm

Guys. I have the best idea for a Let's Play. Ever.

Persona meets Nuzlocke.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:30 pm

That sounds like a terrible idea mainly because it'd be incredibly difficult.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:28 pm

This coming from the guy whose channel is self-admittedly Casual. I like the idea conceptually, but that's because it sounds really hardcore. For a Let's Play...not so much. It just sounds like a gimp that would be really frustrating for the player, and for the viewer who has to listen to the player. Also, the fact that you only get a total of eight party members, excluding MC, means you have very limited room for screwing up. Granted that this is coming from the person who usually gets a game over if any party members die, but all the same.

Also, Hama/Mudo, AKA Instant Death spells. That is all.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:30 pm

Compared to Pokémon, Persona has an insane number of OHKO attacks, and it's more chaotic and random. In a Nuzlocke, you have enough control over things that bad stuff shouldn't happen unless you drop your guard or don't prepare enough. And in Persona, you can't pick up a ton of allies. You have your team, and that's it. That's eight people. Most Nuzlockes have at least three casualties, all of which the trainer can recover from. Trainers can just catch new Pokémon, as per the rules of the Nuzlocke. And if you meant Personas = Pokémon, then that's dumb, because you already get a Game Over if the MC dies. And if you meant it anyway, and that it should be played on Easy, then why the hell are you doing something so asinine instead of going up to Normal or Hard?

I kinda get it, but... at the same time, once you think about it, it seems to fall apart.

But, well, on the subject of Persona, I just found the most amazing thing. Admin, you have to hear this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOKyf_7J6sA
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:28 am

I actually showed it to him earlier today, Gregar. XD Right before I made that post, actually. And it's /meant/ to be a fun suicide run, or an overly-planned grind to victory and winning hardcore. I thought about it a little and these would be the rules.

Primary rules:
-If an ally is killed in battle, they must never be voluntarily used after that point. Some exceptions to this would be like if Chie or Yosuke died in the first two dungeons. In which case, you must only ever use Guard on them and never heal them. Media spells are not allowed if it causes them to get healed.

-If the MC dies, it's game over

-You have to play on at least Medium/Normal difficulty.

Optional/Recommended rules.
-A Persona "dies" if it has Enduring Soul, Survive Light/Dark, or any "live with 1 HP/Revive" move. If MC does this more than once, he is dead and you Game Over
-You can only use any given Persona to fuse a maximum of four times.
-NG+ Is allowed

Insanity Rules:
-No Compendium
-No items
-No gear

It's not at all recommended to be taken seriously, just something for shits and giggles. Admin also suggested, for P3, the WBD Minato Nuzlocke.

Which is:
Non-NG+ run, with only Female characters in party. Only Female Social Links. And quoted from him: "Good luck have fun". XD
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:22 pm

Butbutbut it's already Game Over if MC dies.

So when you say "Not to be taken seriously," I'm understanding that as "See how far you get before you die."
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next