TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temporal Highschool for Those of Extraordinary Disciplines (THTED Rules Thread)

+4
Haar_Dragon
NebulaGregarZX
Atlantis_Rising
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Temporal Highschool for Those of Extraordinary Disciplines (THTED Rules Thread) Empty Temporal Highschool for Those of Extraordinary Disciplines (THTED Rules Thread)

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:22 am

Well, folks. I've been badgered to create this topic by a few of you for  awhile now (you know who you are Razz). Now, without further adieu let's lay out the rules for TITAL 3.0 (Together If They All Learned).

Alright, first, let's talk about characters. This is a little different than the other RPs we have here.

1. Each member is limited to two characters per core RP that they are a part of on the set.
  2. The two characters have to be previously introduced characters from the RPs that the member is a part of.
  3. The core RPs are as follows. TITAL, Org. XIV, Zombieland, WBD, SLO, REM, and Deltastuck. (If you think an RP should be added to this list message me about it.)

So, for example, if I were to use myself as an example, I can use 12 characters here in THTED. Two for each of the RPs I participate in. So, as an example list, I could use Minato, Yukari, Lance, Thalia, Layla, Nick, Jonah, Brenna, Daisuke, Voice, Finn, and Ozai. Now, since I'm literally active in /every/ RP here, this is the logical maximum but there is no minimum.

Ok, so moving past characters, let's talk about plot. Hopefully, a couple of you are familiar with Code Lyoko because that'll help comprehension immensely.

The main plot focuses on the Joker, a trickster who has set out to make a spectacle of our heroes and heroines while they simply try and get through school. Daily, he presents them with a trial. If they succeed in resetting the scenario before their world ends, the day resets, they retain their memories and continue on with their lives until the next day when it starts all over again.

Now, before I /officially/ start this topic off, ask any questions you want to here and tell me if you're interested.

Last edited by Admin (HalcyonWandering) on Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Temporal Highschool for Those of Extraordinary Disciplines (THTED Rules Thread) Empty Re: Temporal Highschool for Those of Extraordinary Disciplines (THTED Rules Thread)

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:47 am

'Fraid I'm not familiar with Code Lyoko - well, not enough to know any of that - but I kinda grasp what you're saying. I'm a little confused about where the time looping and end-of-the-world stuff comes in, though. So, like, until they succeed, that one day will loop? Can they fail to save the world in time, causing the world to actually be destroyed, or does it just loop back to the start of the day when they fail, making them try again? Is the time until the end of the world measured in loops, or is it the span of one day?

And what about stuff like characters who come from multiple canons? Like Aleri and Rexial for example, who are both a part of Org.XIV and TITAL. Their characters do differ between canons (TITAL: Aleri has some arrogance and swears casually, Rexial has a rebellious streak and a desire to be at the top. Org.XIV: Aleri is somewhat lost and his confidence is a little weak, and he only ever swears when he's truly being pushed, while Rexial is fiercely loyal to the organization, likes to keep things in order, and is satisfied with being second-in-command.) so would I choose which canon to pull them from? And for that matter, how about pulling them from different points in time in those canons, like pre-timeskip vs. post-timeskip?

What about canon characters, like Riku and Sora under Haar's control? Can those be used?

Will we have to sort of create a new living situation for the characters, explain why they're there?

This doesn't mean that TITAL 2.0 is done, does it?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Temporal Highschool for Those of Extraordinary Disciplines (THTED Rules Thread) Empty Re: Temporal Highschool for Those of Extraordinary Disciplines (THTED Rules Thread)

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:56 am

No, they have one day to overcome whatever situation is at hand. If they fail, they fail. That's game over. They have one shot each day. If they succeed, the day resets without the situation taking place and it goes on normally. So, it's a continuous cycle of

Day 1(bad)-->Day 1(normal)-->Day 2 (bad)--> Day 2 (normal)

You can choose from what canon and what point in their timeline that a character comes from.

Canon characters that you control are fair game.

Well, that's up to you. You can choose to just have them show up to the school for reasons unknown or have them live on the campus in a dorm like set up.

And no, it doesn't that was just a joke on my part. ^^'
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:35 am

Question on my end, when you say "two characters per core RP," does that mean from those RPs or just two characters? Like, could I (for purely example purposes) have, say, Dispatch, Aaron, Daniel, and Fridge, despite the fact that that's three from XIV and one from TITAL? Obviously I have no intentions of doing so, seeing as Fridge is a joke character, but is that otherwise permissible?
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:05 am

No, I meant that you can only use two characters per RP and they have to be from that RP.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:49 am

Alright, I think I'll just ask one more question before I decide on whether to join or not.

So, how serious are we gonna be here? I mean that in a lot of ways, like... will we be trying to keep OOC to an absolute minimum, maybe not allowing it in the topic at all? Will we be expected to be on our best game? What kind of tone are we going for here? I mean, you set some rules already, but those are just basic storyline things and something to keep us from BSing our way through by suddenly introducing a character who can solve the day's problem and then disappear without a trace, one of us making an entire cast that balances itself out, so we don't have weaknesses.

...And actually, one more. Will you allow us to, say, only bring in one character from a core RP, then later bring in another, so we don't have to choose our stuff at the start and be locked into it?

Come to think of it, this makes me think of the Reaper's Game, too, since you left the kind of objectives we'd have to complete... vague. And there's a time limit, and there's probably some level of cooperation that'll be required. Obviously, they're fundamentally-different things, but I can't help but think of it.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:02 am

Of course. Characters can be introduced at your leisure so there's no locking in. You just can't switch them out once you've introduced them.

As far as seriousness goes, I think something the level of WBD would be appropriate given it sits between serious and silly pretty soundly.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:09 am

Then I'm in! Here's which characters I THINK I'll be going with...

Org.XIV: Vita Colletta, Xeromus

TITAL: Aleri Verde, Rexial Gestalt (With character development setbacks; Aleri will have reverted to being somewhat arrogant, Rexial will be fairly rebellious)

REM: For now, I'll leave Yoshiya Hataraku alone, so none.

SLO: Rokumasu Kokoro, Nobuhiro Kokoro (Redemi and Nobis; their names have been changed, since - much like naming their offshoot 'Koriro' - they weren't really such great names. Best to fix them before the story gets too far underway.)

Hmmm... I think I might bring them in in waves. Like, for day one, I'll limit myself to one pair of characters, then at a later date, bring in another set, and eventually the third. Maybe one day I'll drag Yoshiya into this, but... not for a while. I'd really like to get more comfortable with him before I involve him in another story.

Of course, there will be some mild identity shenanigans, considering Vita will recognize Al, and the brothers will recognize Rex, but they're from different continuities, so...

Now, these aren't final, but they're how I think I'll do it. I might change it up later on, depending.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:05 pm

I'm also gonna give it a shot. Of course, I'd rather use established characters (as compared to what is essentially the better part of a reboot for me), so that leaves me with:

TITAL: Nothing as of yet.

XIV: Just Dispatch for now.

SLO: Hahaha, as if.

REM: I'll be leaving Abel out of this for a while, too. Until REM gets rolling, anyway.

Wow, one guy. Haven't had just one guy in kind of a long time...Also, one further question: Would someone introduced in WBD but not TITAL be acceptable? And by extension, the same would apply to FGA and XIV, correct?
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:35 pm

Yes, you'd be correct there, Haar.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlantis_Rising Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:30 am

I'm just going to nudge Alexei and Ronan into this.

TITAL: Alexei Petrov

Zombieland: Ronan McDowell
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

http://rp.eliteskills.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:07 pm

Very Happy *super excited about this for no actual reason in particular, no sirree, none, nope, nada >__>*

So I'm going to be bringing in...

WBD: Gavin, Pell
TITAL: Lei, pre-Zexion
Org. XIV: Jacqueline Roussieau
REM: Shinkokuna Tanoshimi 
Deltastuck/scratch: TBD.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:45 pm

ZM has petitioned for WBD to be included in the core RPs.

14 characters is now the upper limit.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlantis_Rising Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:17 pm

Going to bring in Daniel from Zombieland as well.
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:14 pm

WBD... that opens a few options for me, but none of them are all that great. I mean, that version of Al is more mature and calm, as well as far more competent starting out than other iterations of him, but I don't feel like having his character adds much of anything. He'd just be a father-figure, and I'd like the element of uncertainty to be there, not dampened by having somebody calm like him.

That version of Vita is just one who's LESS complicated than the Org.XIV one, with some physical differences, like different eye color and chest size. That version of Rexial is at least based on the FGA one, who's rather different in that he uses light powers instead of dark, but loses some of his dynamics from his original story, since there he has the burden of commanding the organization as sh*t gets worse. Mostly, it seems like a poor idea for me to bring in my WBD characters because they haven't had time to develop differently.

There's also Naomi and Sammy. I actually wrote a joke post admonishing Edgar for letting me bring them into this world and do horrible things with them, but decided against it. They barely fit the requirements for being valid, and I don't feel like they'd gel with this story type anyway.

So personally, I'll avoid throwing any of my WBD characters in there for now.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:10 pm

Same. WBD gives me Sora and Riku. WBD Sora is just bored out of his mind all the time and Riku...I always try to do Riku as accurately as possible, with varying degrees of success. I did write up some Bios for FE characters in WBD, but they haven't been introduced as of yet, so I wouldn't feel right bringing them along, or requesting to.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 am

I'll throw in WBD Julie.
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:23 am

So for my Homestuck OC characters, I'll be including Lain and Bela.

"But ZM!" some of you who stalk the bios and threads might say. "I see these characters nowhere else! What the fuck are you smoking?!"

Well, long story short, since those threads are fairly slow we created like a dozen different AUs and one of them ended up being a complete R63 universe. Ergo, I'm using the genderswapped versions of each character who is an opposite of themselves in a lot of ways.

...That's there because Admin made me. I'm not sure why anyone would mind.

Oh, and for Admin's benefit: they haven't used the "Quest Beds" yet but I don't plan on making them exist without their potential. JSYK. I'll discuss the details with you later.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Sun May 10, 2015 7:01 pm

I'll be putting up a thread for this topic later today. In the mean time, I'll leave you guys with my starting two for this RP.

Junpei Iori (TITAL 2.0)

Naomi (TITAL 2.0)

As far as why the two are here, Naomi's Intaglio finally sees some use and Junpei is supervisor extradonaire. That being said, I just want to have them actually see some use.

BTW, Haar, you do have Henry and Nowi in WBD introduced.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sun May 10, 2015 11:43 pm

...I do? I mean, those weren't the ones I was talking about. Well, that's not too bad, but I'll still stick with my original decision and leave them out for now.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Mon May 11, 2015 4:59 am

Why the hell not, I'll throw my hand in here.

SLO: Zakkary Darkhold

Just him for now.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlantis_Rising Mon May 11, 2015 3:19 pm

We good to intro, Admin?
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Mon May 11, 2015 3:46 pm

Yep, you're clear to post.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlantis_Rising Mon May 11, 2015 3:52 pm

Cool, cool
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlantis_Rising Fri May 15, 2015 2:06 am

Just noting that Daniel's age has been reduced to 18 (normally 23 for anyone that follows the Zombieland thread). Also going to show character development between him and Ronan (bestfriends within the same thread).
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next