TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winds Blown Differently OC Bios/ Character Claim.

+8
Zeldaman2.0
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Eques tenebrarum
khfreak358
lethalityComplex
NebulaGregarZX
Haar_Dragon
PsychoticDoctor
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Winds Blown Differently OC Bios/ Character Claim. - Page 3 Empty Re: Winds Blown Differently OC Bios/ Character Claim.

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:14 pm

You make it sound like everyone automatically reads everything about every character and has it all memorized (shut up Axel). I usually just check it out and give the character a glimpse if they're posted by one of the regulars, otherwise I don't typically bother.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Winds Blown Differently OC Bios/ Character Claim. - Page 3 Empty Re: Winds Blown Differently OC Bios/ Character Claim.

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:42 pm

That's my POINT. Nobody really reads these things unless they want specific information.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:45 pm

Actually, the purpose of bios is to moderate the type of characters that are entering an RP so you can stop them before anything too unbalanced happens. Of course, since I've never used it for actual moderation that point is moot. Plus, those character blurbs should be added at the beginning of the Bio but we still need the bios as a whole.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:15 pm

That falls under "specific information". As you said, so that you can moderate. Your definition of moderate must be different from mine, though... because I consider telling somebody that their character shouldn't be too powerful, and giving them suggestions for improvement. Which half of us will do anyway, you and I included.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:00 am

See, to me, moderating is making sure that nothing is super-op'd and keeping everything moderate, hence the term. Just making sure that nobody is too broken, and giving someone a warning if they aren't particularly strong.

Deleting someone for violating the rules and procedures is, to me, "modding," different from "moderating," though that is where the term modding comes from.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:46 pm

Name:Skylar Norman
Height:5'8
Weight:145 lbs
Appearance:Dark brown hair and green eyes Rather fit. She was that girl that everyone wanted to date/stalk/secretly idolize in high school.
Typical Dress:Skinny jeans and anything purple or red.
Personality:Due to a year of psychology and sociology classes and life experiences she is a person you can talk to for advice or help. Can be very sarcastic and even cocky. Tends to bottle anger up.
History: Her mother died when she was 14, and since she had no dad she coped with it and lived on her own. She fell madly in love with Blake at 16. Everything went fine until she became a l'Cie. Her Focus was to start Blake's journey. She led a relevantly normal life after this until her breakdown at 17. (See my post for more info.)
Weapons/Armor: A Techlberd. Capable of switching from currently...
A sword
An axe
A spear
New weapons can be developed. (Plan for this TBD)
Paradigim Armor: Armor that switches depending on Paradigim.
Abilities:
Reversed l'Cie: Can turn into a human-Cei'th hybrid. Cooldown of 2 in RP days.
Magic:Knows Fira and Cura.
Paradigim: Combat suitable styles. Knows...
Commando:Offense based combat
Senteniel:Defense based combat
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlantis_Rising Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:15 am

Claiming Alexei
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

http://rp.eliteskills.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:47 pm

I just want to say, the name "techlberd" is incredibly stupid. Just try saying it out loud. I mean no offense, but it sounds dumb. It would sound much less dumb if you removed the "l".

Also, how many "not yet"s do you need? I'm not trying to be an asshole, but...really?
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:46 pm

If he's going for a foreign, maybe German vibe, perhaps ADDING a bit there could help. Techbird sounds a bit bland. Techyielberd - the ch being more of a phlemmy sound, like in German pronounciation - sounds about right. TEh-hcheel-burd. Also, compare with "Halberd".
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:52 pm

Yeah, Tech+Halberd. But with a name like Skylar Norman, do you really think he's going for German?

I'm not gonna argue that any further.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:17 pm

Going with that logic... "Telberd"?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:24 pm

I was thinking Techberd.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:40 pm

Frankly, hearing "tech" added to things as a prefix bothers me. I'd obscure it, and at least TRY to make it sound like a unique weapon name.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:45 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean. Technically, it's a prefix meaning "technological," but it does sound generic and overused when I hear it. I remember Steven...yeah, I didn't ever actually try too hard with him. I gave him a magic rock, and that was how he got multiple weapons. If you're going with a transforming halberd, I'd call it personally something like "Bladeberd."

I know it sounds weird, but so does "techlberd," and mine at least has a small amount of alliteration. Besides, I'm just making a point.

...Why has this topic become "What should we name that weapon?"
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:33 am

Because you commented on it.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:44 pm

Actually Haar, the weapon was made by a German engineer -_- should have mentioned it, lol
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:54 pm

Also... I will finish this up when I get home

Name: Ave (Like the song)
Appearance: Around 5'6, Just a bit under weight for the average weight. Has Pink and yellow hair. You can usually notice her by her Mako eyes.
Typical dress: Wears skinny jeans, and a plain t-shirt.
Personality: Quiet, however, emotions can get the best of her.
Weapon: Gun Buster, a Buster sword and gunblade hybrid.
Powers: Body of Darkness: Allows for advanced darkness manipulation. Enhanced attributes.
The Power of Mako: Insanley heightened powers. Only going to use this at the near end of a plot.

History: To be done in WBD
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Nonameknight Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:04 pm

Ive never done this before, so im going to do this the way that I assume is correct. 

Name: Raven
Height: 6'3
Weight: 200
Facial features: Dark blue eyes, Shoulder length black hair done back into a ponytail, average

Body Description: Taller than average, slightly skinny, yet still muscular. Long legs make for good speed.

Typical Dress: Black leather cloak and a black leather hood with long, black pants and a midnight blue t-shirt

Personality: His higher than average intelligence has made him rather cynical and sarcastic. Still loves jokes and 

finding new things to research and learn about.

History: Found Immutare when he was 15 in a cave near his hometown. He became involved with a mercenary group at the 
age of 16 where he found Chrysalis, a parasitic gauntlet with a mind of its own. In enchange for being her host, she 
acts as a magic item, giving him the ability to manipulate the basic elements,(wind, earth, water, fire) and can change 
form slightly to protect her host. When this happened, he was kicked from his mercenary group and began to wander with 
Chrysalis (which he nicknamed Chrissy) and looks for magical items and interesting inventions.

Physical Traits: Heals quickly, due to his parasitic counterpart, Chrysalis. Can move quite fast and yet is still quite 
strong as well. Is good with weaponry and magic, so he is very dexterous and can use most kinds of weapons. Has a sharp 
mind and pays attention to detail, making him better in fights and at reading his enemies.

Hobbies: Studying magic, making new kinds of magic, inventing new contraptions for battle, tactics, music, 
swordfighting

Weapon(s): Immutare, a magical sword that can change shape and effect which is dependant on the wielder's skill.

Special Techs: 

-Pocket Void: Can open up a hole in the void and can store and retrieve items from it. Freezes said stored items in 
time (ex. food stays good, weapons wont rust) and resumes when they are removed from the void pocket.

-Immutare: Is able to change his blade's shape and ability due to his ability with it.

-Magic Genius: Is able to make new kinds or variations and combine different kinds of magic quite easily, due to his impressive understanding of magic and how it works.

-Inventor: Is great with physics and building things.

-Weapon Profiency: Between the weapons he has made and the weapons that he has found, Raven has used them all. So much 
so, in fact, that he has become quite good with weapons other than a sword, although that is his weapon of choice. Such 
weapons include axes, swords, knifes, spears, bows and guns.

-Observant: Is good at figuring out which moves would work best by viewing others fight. Also makes him better at 
reading his enemies and thier weaknesses.

-Good With Animals: Is good with animals is more likely to befriend animals and less likely to be attacked by them.

-One With Darkness: Can be cloaked for a short time in shadow by Chrysalis due to her affinity with darkness.

Im assuming I did this right, and even if I did, I have no clue what to do with this. Do we use irc or something else?

(PS, The doc invited me)

Nonameknight
Omega
Omega

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:06 pm

Hm, I thought something was up when a new person actually did something the day they signed up.

Since you signed up in this particular Bios page, your character has been submitted to the Wind Blows Differently story. That can be found under TITAL from the main page. I'd tell you that WBD is an alternate-reality version of TITAL 2.0, the main RP on that section, but you probably don't know TITAL 2.0, so that information is useless to you. So I won't tell you.

What you do from here is... go on to TITAL, find the topic "Wind Blown Differently", read it (recommended, but not REQUIRED) and then post your character's actions. We do this in third-person Novel format, which means it's written like a novel, and you don't pretend to be your character. If we see you writing "I walked to the fridge", we'll tell you that's First-Person, not Third-Person. To be honest, when everybody does that, it's annoying, and when anybody does it, it's hard to remember the name of their main character.

TL;DR: Go to TITAL, go to Wind Blown Differently, read if you want, have your character show up. Below is a basic outline of the stuff you need to know for that story.

There is a House, known as The House That Never Was, but most people just call it the House. It's a gathering place for powerful people from all sorts of worlds.

That's all you NEED to know, ABSOLUTELY. Things you might WANT to know:

In order to stay there, you need to have your abilities gauged by either Ventus or Minato.

Minato is insanely strong. No matter how much he may piss you off in this continuity, don't challenge him to a real fight, unless you like being crushed.

Keyblades. If you don't know what those are, don't worry, it'll probably be explained. They're not as critical to the plot as they should be. However, they ARE weapons that choose their wielders, disappear when not needed, and really, copying or stealing a Keyblade just doesn't work. They're very picky about their wielders. And that's not even going into what makes them SPECIAL, but I promised myself I'd keep this brief.

It's currently evening in the story, so take that into consideration if you choose to join right away. You could ask Doc for more specific information about getting used to TITAL, since he's been here a while, or ask any other user for more information on things like the House, Minato, Keyblades, the story, whatever. Just don't ask me, or I'll write up an essay about it. I'm long-winded like that.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:12 pm

From what I can see, it looks fairly solid... except for the history, at least. How did he find the sword? Was the sword compelling him through a will of it's own? Did he find it roadside near a fight, it's owner slain?

Now, as for the mercenary group... I think I know why you're wanting this. You're wanting him to be able to have a reliable military or fighting background, right? If that's the case, turn it into your character showed an interest in fighting, so his father teaches him some basic combat, and Raven learns about another style of fighting from someone else. Who that is is up to you.

I see no problem with the gauntlet, but Immutare seems... a little odd. What exactly is the extent of this blade's power, and how does Raven use it?

Other than that, it seems fine.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:17 pm

Oh, and I thought I'd mention that I cringed when I saw that the name was Raven. *Sigh* The unfortunate side-effect of looking into My Immortal... I can never take the name seriously again. But that's a personal problem, and shouldn't affect writing. ...Okay, maybe Rexial will make a jab or two regarding it, but let's face it, he'd do that anyway.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:23 pm

The guy who you mentioned that did a reading of it? Did a Homestuck one. XD Reminds me, I gotta watch that.

But maybe instead of My Immortal, you could think of me? Being Edgar, and all?
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:21 pm

...Ah. It took me a bit too long to catch that one... But, yeah, I think the negative association is overruling the positive...

No need to change the name Raven, but expect that somebody will make fun of it a little. Good thing Raven's not on normal TITAL, or the original Rexial would never let you hear the end of it... The WBD Rexial is less territorial, and isn't aligned with Darkness.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Nonameknight Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:41 pm

The name Raven is actually something I have been using for years. The joke was supposed to be that im like a magpie, but im too big to be one, so apparently im a raven. Its also something very similar to my real name.

The mercenary background was supposed to be something that would show that he has combat experience and is able to hold his own in a fight. His skills in sword fighting originated from natural talent, however. Over the years, he developed a style of his own. 

Regarding the sword, he found it one day when he went into said cave that is supposed to be dangerous (cave ins, wild animals) and found it in 
the back among a pile of rubbish. (the cave was previously used by bandits)

Immutare is different in that it changes shape and ability to fit the users skill and situation. I originally intended it to have a set number of 'transformations' that it has, but simply decided that I would make more as i went along and/or deemed it useful.

Sorry for such a long message, i just wanted to answer your questions.

Nonameknight
Omega
Omega

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:45 pm

A mercenary named Raven...I take it by your explanation that the Fire Emblem reference was unintended then?
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next