Org. XIV (story)

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Org. XIV (story) - Page 15 Empty Re: Org. XIV (story)

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:21 am

Jackie's return to a defensive stand benefited her for thinking in advance, using the shaft to knock the fist away and take another step to the side and backward. Jackie leveled her spear towards Vita's chest, making slight swirling motions with the tip so as to distract Vita's gaze. If Vita was at all worth her salt for what Jackie gave her credit for, it'd be no more than a slight annoyance, and not a distraction, but the message it relayed was clear: I am ready for you. Keep your distance or you might get poked.

Jackie's eyes flicked towards Phoenix's voice as the woman entered before settling back on Vita. "And might you be the instructor for myself?"
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:47 am

Vita backstepped the instant she returned to a ready position, getting in a little more distance. "Aw, but disadvantaged fights are the best!"

Having processed the rest of their words, though, she blinked. "...Uh, instructor? Hold on, that's already been worked out? Don't tell me I have to step aside already, we just barely got started with our sparring session!"

Planned Characters for DB Story: Redemi, Nobis, Matsuda.
To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

"Go forth, and set the world on fire!"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) on Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:18 am

Phoenix laughed forgivingly as a wave of magic swept over her. Afterwards, she stood holding a spear with little change to her garb otherwise, "I wasn't asking you to step aside. I was hoping you'd like to participate. After all, it's easier to teach with a sparring partner. Though I would hope that the both of you are prepared for a few bruises." She smirked casually, revealing the spear to actually be a stiff foam version. Plenty hard enough to hurt, but not the weapon used to maim.

"Now, who's first? I'll take turns demonstrating on one and practicing with the other if you'd join us, Vita. Though, I can wait until the end of your little spar if you wish."

Dark Bloodline RP: Brenna, Jonah
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:22 pm

She looked at Phoenix, then back to Jackie, sighing. "...No, that won't be necessary. Our fight would just slow things down, and I'm sure she wants to learn as fast as she can. I'll be happy to help with the lesson, though."

To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:21 am

"Invariably that would be most preferable, insofar that expedience is desirable. However, alienating Vita is undesirable, unless she concedes and wishes to bequeath the honor. Additionally, I find aversion in inflicting grievous wounds on others, perchance might you be fitted to enchant my weapon with similar applications to yours?"
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex on Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:53 am

(Talk about being busy... Sorry for the lateness guys)

"Tch, cowards," Bryn snorted derisively as she rested her massive warhammer on her shoulders again, her expression shifting back to a bored, emotionless mask as she turned to face the sky.

The dark energies finally dissipated, leaving a single black crystal in its wake as it floated towards Terath, who took the crystal carefully and slid it into a container. "Mission accomplished. The collected energies should be more than enough for the next phase."

"Very well, let us depart. They will be seeing more of us soon," Bryn murmured offhandedly as they turned, vanishing along with the wind as the viscous black liquid continued to erode the land.

-Castle Asylum-

Hercules brushed a trail of sweat from his head as he rested on the bed wearily, his mind still reeling from the events from earlier. The adrenaline had worn off, leaving only a trace of fear and anger at the attackers who had unleashed that monster on the Coliseum. Getting to his feet, Hercules knew he needed to do something. But first, he had to tell Xeromus.

"I need to speak to Xeromus," He told the medic as he got to his feet. "Any idea where I can find him?"
Stormwolfex
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am

<It's fine. Not like I'm in any position to judge, really.>

The man who had been tending him minutes ago jumped at the sound of his voice. "You were impaled, and you want to walk to the Round Room by yourself!? I should be used to this, considering my workplace, but, er... at least take a set of crutches with you and try not to reopen your wounds?"

Adjusting his glasses, he pointed to the door nearest them. "Exit that door, go right, then keep making left turns until you find it."

NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:30 pm

Necro, having used to his own abilities to expedite his recovery, was in his bed in the medical center, waiting for his ship to catch up with the homing beacon he'd activated. All the while, he found himself pondering the battle in the coliseum. Who were those two? What was their connection to that monster?

Not satisfied with just asking empty questions, he decided to meditate on the matter, taking up a lotus position. Maybe meditation would shed some light on the matter.

"If that thing gets control of you, gutting is always an option."- Wolverine commenting on Spider-Man's Black Suit.

TITAL Characters: Trent, Sylvia
Org. XIV Characters: Siks, Kotank, Susan, Erntxt, Necro, Wayne, Astaroth, Kenshutsu, Mortem
Zombieland Characters: Necro, Crone
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) on Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:46 pm

Phoenix smiled, "Of course." She tossed the training spear in Jackie's direction as she herself produced a second copy with her magic, "Now, to begin, Vita, I'd like you to come at me. I may have you pause to provide examples for specific things. " The young woman smiled as she entered a battle stance smoothly.

"I'd like to first show our new member how its done before testing her mettle myself. Aleri is a great man, but he doesn't have the abilities that I do. I'd like to see how you both fight a bit more intimately." Phoenix held her spear at the ready. A steady footed stance favoring backward momentum kept her at a healthy distance from Vita.

Last edited by Admin (HalcyonWandering) on Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:23 am

"Actually, I'd normally wait for you to make a move in this situation. But if I'm to come at you for a proper demonstration, then sure, why not?"

She took a few seconds to think about how to go about suicidally rushing a spear-wielding opponent with only her fists. "...Hrm." Finally coming up with a conclusion with an unsatisfied look on her face, Vita tried to circle around Phoenix counterclockwise by 135 degrees, then leap and attempt a kick, spinning with her momentum.

Last edited by NebulaGregarZX on Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) on Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:08 am

Phoenix slide smoothly facing Vita as she preformed her kick.

"Now, using a spear, the key is to keep maximum distance between you and your opponent." Phoenix stepped away from Vita moving out of her attack range and punishing the attack with a light rap against Vita's upper arm with her spear. She came to rest with her spear between herself and Vita, "This is the ideal positioning for you in every fight. Fight to keep it like this."

Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex on Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:18 pm

Hercules felt a smile twitch on his face despite himself.

"Don't worry about it," he chuckled as he staggered out, noting that his wounds were not healing as fast as they should have been but well. At least they were healing. He came to an abrupt halt as he entered the endless hallway. "Ah... I have no idea how to get around, do I?"
Stormwolfex
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) on Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:38 am

Meanwhile, on Synthisle, a returned king continued with his vigil over Maya.

Lance looked up as Maya began to mutter something in her sleep. Her face contorted slightly reacting to some sort of pain. The hero king took her hand and Maya pulled away violently.

Lance looked down and saw momentarily, his hand become a gruesome claw. Dark energy seeped from his open palm and into Maya's chest.

"M-monster..." Maya murmured weakly.

Lance clenched his fist and the dark energy stopped. He pulled his hand away from the girl and her face grew calm again, "W-what?"

He didn't understand. It made no sense. He stumbled away from Maya and he felt his hold on his thoughts flicker. For a moment, all he felt was rage.

When he came to, the chair he had been sitting in was splinters on the floor. Taking his brief moment of clarity, Lance made his way the small basinet and mirror that Maya had in her room. Gripping the edges of the porcelain sink, he looked at his reflection.

The young man was met with the glare of Chaos, his dark golden eyes forming an intimidating glare.

"You aren't finished, boy." He heard the demon's voice in his head, echoing his thoughts.

"Monster." His own voice and Chaos' spoke in unison as his own face contorted and Chaos' horns made themselves clear from his hairline.

He dipped his hands into the sink and splashed water into his own face. When he could see again, the vision had subsided. Lance no longer saw Chaos in his own face and his eyes had returned to their natural amber gold instead of Chaos' terrifying glare.

"What the hell..." Lance breathed slowly taking in what had just happened.

He was still a monster.

Lance took a moment and focused on his powers examining his own's heart balance of dark and light.

He only saw inky blackness. His heart had been swallowed entirely by the darkness. Some outside force had continued to supply the Avatar of Chaos within him with power. It continued to pour darkness onto his already surrendered heart.

Then, a glimmer of light. A heart crying out in the darkness, keeping him tethered. He had suspected it to be Thalia's but he was wrong. She had no such power.

Lance looked in desperation trying to find the source that was keeping him tied down, the Chaos within him subdued.

It was Maya.

Taking a shaky breath, he looked at the unconscious girl. Whether she was aware of it or not, her illusions were keeping him concealed in the realm of light. She wouldn't have the monster within him seen by the others. Her will was palpable as he examined his heart.

"I'm sorry, Maya." Lance spoke softly. He walked into the center of her room and opened a dark corridor. He had to find the source of this darkness that refused to let him come back to balance.

With the flickering flame of Maya's light guiding him, Lance stepped into the portal and vanished. He would find the person responsible for this, injury or not.

Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:44 am

Vita hopped back slightly, returning to a ready stance herself. "...To be fair, I think she already understood that part. I only got in close with a quick dodge, and she still managed to pull her spear back in to block me."

Nodding to Phoenix to signal that she was about to attack again, she attempted to rush in and bat the spearhead away, then grab the end of it and sweep her opponent's legs.

Aleri came barreling down the hallway, blowing right past Hercules before coming to a screeching halt. The young man turned around and ran back over to the demigod. "Herc, what're you doing here?" Looking at the open infirmary door, he connected the dots. "...You got injured along with Rex. I'm sure you wouldn't be risking your health trying to get somewhere for no reason. You can explain on the way, this castle is almost impossible to navigate if you're not used to it."

He glanced at the door again with a pained look, trying not to let Hercules see. "So where do you need to go?"

NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) on Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:33 pm

Phoenix smiled, "Yes, but my lesson has to begin somewhere. And you are only as good as the techniques that you have mastered. Which is better? A man who practices one technique a thousand times or a man who practices a thousand techniques once?" As Vita dashed in and batted away the spear tip, Phoenix moved with the momentum and corrected Vita with the blunt end of the staff pushing her away again by striking her in the chest.

Returning to her original stance, Phoenix held Vita away again, her spear separating the pair again, "You must be wary of your entire weapon and the momentum involved in its use. Using stabs from a distance to do damage and strikes to establish lethal distance."

Phoenix's stance dipped slightly lower and she shifted her weight to her forward foot, "Now, for more aggressive techniques. Are you ready, Vita?"

Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:22 pm

"That's fair, I guess." Springing back and returning to a ready stance, Vita nodded, glancing at Jackie to make sure she was paying close attention. Not that she had any doubts; the new member had already demonstrated her eagerness to learn and improve several times over.

"Ready when you are."

NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:26 pm

Jackie kept close attention, blinking freely yet with eyes wide when they were open. Her gaze kept darting between the two would-be combatants, locking and looking at several points of interest before switching to the other. She would keep like this until interrupted or if she needed to move from the sparring getting out of hand. One never knew.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:45 pm

"Heh, don't worry too much about me Aleri," Hercules tried to give his friend an encouraging smile but even that act sent a jolt of intense pain through. Ok, maybe this wasn't the best idea but he had no intention of just lying back and wallowing in pain. "But thanks for the concern. Honestly, I haven't been hurt this bad since... uh, gosh, I can't remember," he gave a wry chuckle. "But I need to find Xeromus. Those guys that laid waste to the coliseum and that strange entity... the black mud... I have to let him know about it."
Stormwolfex
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:20 pm

A smile tugged at the corners of Vita's mouth. "Come at me!"

"...Hercules. Do you even know how to get to the Round Room?" Aleri asked pointedly. "I don't know how much experience with labyrinths you have, but this castle is like one for anybody who doesn't adapt to it. You're going to need help getting where you need to go, injured or not."

<...Am I getting in the way of something, or is Herc just being stubborn because it's in-character? It's kind of a fine line between the two sometimes.>

NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) on Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:55 pm

Phoenix smiled, "Always remember to mind your distance. With a spear, speed and accuracy are your allies."

The young woman dipped low and dashed forward with a start, the strike heading for Vita's stomach.

"You want to be precise. You should never have to attack more than once. Aim for vitals and holes in armor. That's what a spear is made to exploit."

Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:10 pm

Vita waited until the spear came close before ducking to the side, attempting to grab the spear-shaft and pull Phoenix into her oncoming tackle.

Am I supposed to be counterattacking? Maybe I should've asked before. I guess she wouldn't need me if she just wanted to demonstrate how to attack with a spear.

NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) on Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:24 pm

"Another thing you have to remember about a spear." Phoenix said as she let her momentum pull her towards Vita, "You must remember to be pragmatic. A shafted weapon with no cutting edge has many weaknesses and your enemy will exploit that." She collided with Vita with her shoulder down and spun the spear using the momentum of Vita to drive her into the its tip, the blunt spear knocking her to the ground.

"Now, in this kind of scenario, you would be using magic to deal the blow that I did. Your magic will be the ultimate weapon in preventing your opponent from taking advantage of your weapon's weaknesses."

Phoenix held out a hand to Vita, "I didn't thump you too hard, did I?"

Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:13 pm

She pushed her friend's hand away, standing up on her own. "Nah, I'm good." The girl gave the point of impact a hardy slap without flinching. "See? Just fine. I can take a few hard hits from that toy without a problem. I've got a different concern, though."

Vita slammed her right fist into her left palm. "Should I pick up a Struggle sword or something? I don't exactly mind having my ass handed to me for these demonstrations, since I know how important this is, but it might be more accurate if I had something with a little reach. Lots of enemies have claws, and some Heartless and Nobodies even use swords of their own."

NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) on Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:22 pm

"Only so many things at once, I feel like dealing with short reach opponents will be enough for today." Phoenix's spear vanished and were replaced by a pair of padded leather gloves, "Now, let's see if Jackie here got the lesson."

She beckoned for the girl to come over with her hand, "Who would you prefer for your opponent, Vita or me?"

Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:52 am

Jackie nodded and stepped forward towards her instructor. "Incidentally I personally hold partial the sentiment of opposing Vita preliminarily and practicing against yourself secondarily, mistress." Jackie took her spear and leveled it against Vita, tapping the tip twice against the ground to signal her readiness.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next