TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Org. XIV (story)

+9
XGeass
khfreak358
Haar_Dragon
ARanger
Eques tenebrarum
lethalityComplex
Maverick Entity
AKeybladeYouSay
Whats_Up4444
13 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Org. XIV (story) - Page 14 Empty Re: Org. XIV (story)

Post  Stormwolfex Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:24 pm

Terath shrugged. "Call it an unfortunate happenstance. It could have been any world but it was sealed here, so I guess you could say it was fortunate for us," he turned to face Thalia with a small smile. "Since it lured our intended target here."

Bryn shot Terath a stern, disapproving scowl. "That's enough Terath. Anymore and you'll tell her everything," she turned back to the converging energies reflected in the skies. "Let's not get too hasty, Queen Willright. Like I said: I would rather not have to cross blades with you."
Stormwolfex
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:18 pm

She shrugged. "Well, I'd say that you hastened this situation yourself." The air crackled with energy. From the sky, a single bolt of lightning struck. The bolt made contact with the ground between the two parties, "I don't take kindly to those that kill innocents."

Thalia's whirlwind lifted her from the ground. Riding the winds, she still smiled thinly at the pair, "I suggest that if you don't want to cross blades, you leave immediately." Her voice was harsh. Tempered by a year with a weary heart, Thalia wasn't about to let another threat descend upon the collective worlds.

------------------------------------------------------------

Castle Willright

------------------------------------------------------------

The room's curtains were drawn closed leaving it in quiet darkness. A lone figure walked to the window. Light filtered in. The sun shed color upon the chamber's sturdy stone walls and furniture. A small girl lay sleeping in the bed. Her chest rising and sinking peacefully with her breaths.

Lance regarded Maya's unconscious form with grim concern. The last time that something like this had happened had been just before the fight with X-Sigma. There was little he could do for her other than wait. His magic no longer could heal only hurt. He pulled a chair to her bedside and gripped her hand, "Maya, we're all here for you."

The king sighed in irritation. He hated the feeling of uselessness that burdened him. He and Aleri had foolishly overexerted themselves when he had returned. He should have had more focus. Now, he could do little but wait for Maya to recover.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Castle Asylum

-----------------------------------------------------------

Smiling broadly, Pheonix nodded, "Merlin wouldn't be a terrible idea... Though you'd need someone with Fire magic. Strange that that old wizard sealed himself behind a Fire seal and not one for general magic."
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:40 pm

"I'll brush up with Merlin, assuming someone could guide me, and sparring with you, Aleri... and if you, Madame Phoenix, would be so marvelously inclined towards my spear tutelage, that would, hopefully, leave Lady Thalia for further magic instruction thereafter." Jackie was delighted, and her tone easily betrayed that. "However, I'd like to get my immediate necessities out of the way, including apologizing to the castle's master." Jackie stood proudly and waited for Aleri to guide her back to Xeromus.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:06 pm

"..." Bryn's eyes flashed dangerously. "You seem to be mistaking our reluctance to fight as either fear or arrogance," she murmured quietly as she took a few steps forward. "But it's neither," she let out a low breath. "Looks like I'll be the one fighting this time, Terath."

"... Do what you want," Terath answered nonchalantly. "Just try not to vaporize the whole lot of us in the process."

"We'll see," Bryn's expression changed, her emerald pupils dilating slightly as an animal grin lit up her face in an unholy combination of bloodlust and anticipation. "I've been spoiling for a fight for a loong time..." Bryn's entire body shone slightly, a blast of power erupting from her body as she hefted the massive hammer in her hand at Thalia. "Let's dance."
Stormwolfex
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:15 pm

The whirlwind pulled Thalia backwards quickly out of the way of the massive hammer, "You can't dance if the partners aren't in sync." She smiled gently as she hurled her blade at Bryn. The weapon sliced through the air ushered forward by the wind around it.

"I don't know if I'll be able to keep up." She followed the flying weapon with two charges of lightning, the thunder magic arcing in a brilliant double helix around the spinning blade.

Hanging back from her long ranged attack, Thalia kept her buffer of wind ready. An opponent with such a heavy weapon would likely crush her if she gave them the opportunity for a solid swing. Mobility was in her favor in this situation, and she needed to keep it that way.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:46 pm

Aleri stood for a moment before realizing that Jackie still needed a uniform and to be properly registered. "Oh, uh... sorry. Things here have been so loose that I almost forgot how procedure worked. Did you already fill out an application? No, wait, you didn't... Uh, just fill this out on the way."

He summoned up a clipboard, application, and pen, handing them over to her. "It's all basic questions, just for documentation's sake. Stuff like 'can you make corridors' or 'can you use magic'. I'll show you to our boss again, okay?"

The young man started walking out of the room, gesturing for Jackie to follow. He kept his pace slow, so she could write without losing track of him.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:07 am

"That kid is lucky," Kotank shouted as he pulled himself out of the hole Aleri had created. "He only did superficial damage. I can fix it in an afternoon."
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:18 am

Jackie clicked the pen, smiling to herself as she checked the questions. The list was rather short but fairly inclusive, she thought. Though the very first question caught her off guard. Human, she thought to herself as she marked the paper accordingly. 

I can use magic, yes... and how to wield a weapon. Spears, to be precise. I am proficient in efficient item consumption. Dimensional Links are not a subject matter I was or am currently aware of. 

Staying out of sight... I've previously been devoid of natural experiences inclusive to this criteria, but I possess an aptitude to acquire the requisite knowledge to perform this allocated task. Usage of Dark Corridors is beyond me. 

Quickly signing her name off she handed it back to Aleri... with much more than just yes or no responses. She eagerly followed him into the chamber where Xeromus was waiting for them.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:40 am

Trying to be covert about it, Aleri jotted down in the corner... 'Tester's note: overachiever'.

"Alright, so next we'll need to get you your own uniform. It's been a while since we've needed to get any more, so it'll be a little more of a hassle, but no big deal. For now, let's just turn this in to our boss."

Finally stepping into the Round Room, Aleri leapt onto the chair next to Xeromus', handing the paper to him. Leaping down as his boss read the page, he glanced back at the chair. Rex still isn't back... why am I so anxious about that? He can take care of himself... The keyblade wielder frowned, unable to shake free of his thoughts.

"Hm? I forgot we put that on the application... Girl-"

"Her name is Jacqueline. It's at the top of the page."

"-You don't need to worry so much about covert operations. Stealth isn't crucial to our group's survival, the way it used to be. Still... Number II-"

"Aleri. We've worked together for over two years."

"-what did you think of her skills?"

Crossing his arms, he looked at Jackie for a second before responding with pride. "She's got the most potential in any recruit I've seen so far."

"Is that so?" Xeromus glared down at them. "Well, then you take responsibility if she goes missing, dies, loses her sanity, basically goes the same way as one of the other failed recruits?"

"She'll be fine, you'll see! She's got skills that you just don't see on common grunts."

"Fine."

As Aleri gives a barely audible "Yessssss!" Xeromus sets aside the application and looks down on the new recruit.

"As of this moment, you are a part of Organization XIV. We will arrange a room for you in the members' quarters, and you are hereby granted access to organization resources. There is a one-week grace period before we will assign you missions, so that you may acclimate to the facility and get to know your coworkers before being put to work. Now, are there any special conditions you would like to state? Number II here has the condition that he may put his training first, Number XXX has the condition that his business in Synthisle may take priority, and one of our Unnumbered is the among the first to receive any new intelligence on new worlds discovered."

Last edited by NebulaGregarZX on Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:40 am

Jackie nodded and spoke loudly, but clearly and with respect. "Thank you, milord, for your gracious accommodations. My primary request inclination would be that I gain priority of any knowledge on a Rai-Pierre Roussieau, my father."

"Additionally, and secondarily, I would request that during any time not spent accomplishing missions be spent either training under one of your subordinates or an appropriate tutor, or once those are completed, or utilized towards myself locating my aforementioned father, insofar that I stay in immediate contact with your organization to carry out missions." 

Jackie pauses for a moment, and then gives a slight bow to Xeromus. "If any of these requests can be actualized I would be extraordinarily enthused and delighted to see the fruition of them."
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:02 am

Xeromus blinked at her. "...She's definitely one of the wordier ones. Well, as for your first condition, that's fine. But what you do when you're off-duty is your own concern. I will assign some members to help with your instruction and lighten their workload so that they have the time to train you."

"You're welcome to our resources at any time, regardless of being off-duty. One would think I'd have learned not to let anyone touch our records after the last time our resident pyromaniac got the bright idea of kidnapping every princess he could find the address of, but since he disappeared months ago, I imagine it's safe enough to allow people unrestricted access. You will be issued a PDA along with your uniform, so you can use that to keep in contact."

"Your conditions are accepted. As of now, you, Jacqueline Roussieau, are officially welcomed as a member of Organization-"

He was interrupted by the yell of an exasperated man at the door. "Sir! The situation in Olympus Coliseum has gotten worse!"

The leader growled down at his scout. "There had better be some major sh*t going down if you're interrupting us..."

"One of the scouts saw Number II get impaled, and he seems to have lost consciousness!"

Everything seemed to stop for a moment. Even Xeromus looked shocked. After a moment's pause, the man broke out of his stupor, a look of uncharacteristic rage on his face. "You! Scout! Tell me which member is closest to Number II at this moment!"

"That would be Thalia Blackhearth. She was seen engaging unknown adversaries."

Xeromus barked an order to an unseen operator.

"Open a channel to her, right now!"

There was a brief tone as the connection was made. "Thalia, do not engage the enemy! Retreat immediately!"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:49 am

"With all due respect, your command is quite late." Thalia's whirlwind blasted space between the parties again. She glared at the pair as she willed the portal she had created wider.

"I'll have to bid you adieu for now." A competitive smile danced along the queen's face as her winds evacuated the nearby Organization members and herself.

The portal opened onto the floor of the meeting room. The only one to make a graceful landing from the powerful gust was Thalia who held Rexial.

Immediately behind her, the portal collapsed. Thalia tumbled the ground only managing to set Rexial down before collapsing from exhaustion herself. The kind of force required to evacuate the members of the organization had left her drained and after falling, she could barely make it to her knees as she recovered slowly.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:11 am

The group's medical staff was quickly summoned, taking the quickly-ebbing boy away on a stretcher. A pair of staff members picked Thalia up together, taking her along before listening to any of her protests. Xeromus, his face stuck in a scowl, spoke more quietly this time.

"Thalia. You must have exhausted yourself. Get some rest, then write a report on the assailants. We need to know what we're up against. Jacqueline Roussieau, I apologize for the interruption. We'll have to postpone your welcoming ceremony and other arrangements for the time being. I don't have any orders for you yet, so do as you will until this mess is resolved. Aleri, whether you go to your friend's side or help our new recruit is up to you."

Aleri stood frozen, not really hearing what his commanding officer was saying. He watched numbly as Rexial was carried away, unable to comprehend that this was really happening. Finally, shaking out of his stupor, he ran after them without a word, a look of deep-seated fear on his face only matched by the dread from X-Sigma.

Last edited by NebulaGregarZX on Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:25 am

Jackie was rather stunned by the proceedings, and seeing the young boy being carted away she realized she might be a tad out of her depth. Rather quiet and unsure for a change, she quietly contemplated her best immediate course of action. Spell training and honing my abilities... that would be the best bet for right now. For that I need... 

"Sir, I will commence preparations for the advent of my missions. If my lord deigns, I would request permission to access a mess hall, a training facility, and any database storage you may see fit to grant me access."
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:38 am

"Access granted. Knock yourself out. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to weigh my options and contact all other active members. This is a potential crisis on our hands, and we need everyone we can get."

The leader of Organization XIV disappeared into a dark corridor, leaving his seat, and the room, empty - Jacqueline aside.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:55 am

Jackie nodded to herself and turned to leave the room... to open the door again and enter again. Absolutely flabbergasted, she turned around and inspected the door. It seemed to lead into an ordinary corridor, and trying again, she made it into a rather simple-looking hallway. Venturing forward, she seemed to progress through the hallway somewhat erratically. Some steps seemed to propel her forward, others made her seem like she was moving at a snail's pace. Rather worried now, she hurried onward, to find herself at the entrance, having taken a route she knew wasn't the one she took, having followed Aleri in and made sure to keep an eye out for the route she took. Trying to remember how she got to the training room, she attempted to follow that, with some degree of success, finally ending up there in triple the time it took coming in. Finding herself at a loss, she decided to stay in the room as long as possible and began her workout by adjusting her armor and then working on endurance, by jogging lightly while twirling her spear as extravagantly and dexterously as possible.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:00 am

"You, uh... you okay?" Vita called from the sidelines. "You look a little lost."

Indeed, she had never left the training hall. She's not with Al? I'll ask later.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:08 am

Jacqueline kept her gaze on a single point in space, to help her focus as she performed and not lose track of her surroundings. "I am in acceptable condition presently, however, your premises are confounding and rather irksome. Presently I require no assistance but would be delighted to engage in cordial sparring should you be up for the task."
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:18 am

Vita laughed. "The castle's got you turned-around? It does that a lot, you get used to it. But you really should have a guide, if you want to get anywhere quickly, just until you're more used to the place."

She tapped her feet, considering a spar. "...Sounds fun. Don't expect any crazy magical tricks from me, but I'm no pushover, either."

Taking out a bottle of Hi-Potion and walking over to Jackie, she handed it over. "Drink this afterwards to heal up if you get worn out or hurt. It's no substitute for proper rest, but for light injuries and fatigue, it's just the thing."

Vita stepped back several feet and turned to face her opponent, taking a stance that was closer to the ground, her arms raised. "Let's not get too crazy this time, 'kay? Al got lucky this time, but if we actually broke something important... well, Kotank wouldn't be happy."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:30 am

With a final flourish and a deep breath, Jackie faced Vita in the same position she had started the match with Al in. Her breathing was slightly labored, and a small sheen of sweat was visible on her brow. Smiling, she reached out and accepted the Hi-Potion, pocketing it for usage later. "Now that my respiratory faculties are predisposed towards an excited level, my training will actually constitute something. I have always trained under the philosophy that if you are not straining, you are not training."
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:35 am

Vita grinned back. "Well, I can agree with that. I've overdone it on occasion, though, and it's no picnic having to be nursed back to health before you can get back to it. As challenger, you make the first move!"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:39 am

Jackie quickly stepped forward and slashed toward's Vita's chest, more to get her to back up than to actually wound her. The slash was immediately followed up by a guarding stance, and Jackie creeped towards Vita's off-hand, in an effort to get some swing distance against the girl.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:43 am

Vita ducked forwards, under the slash, and aimed a heavy punch into Jackie's abdomen, capitalizing on how long it would take to recover from the swing. In a close-up fight, fists held the edge against a spear, but the opposite was true if there was any distance...
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:45 pm

Tatsu groaned as he threw a shovelful of dirt back over his shoulder. Why am I the one who got stuck doing the heavy digging? he wondered. "Actually...could I maybe...?" In a rare display of intuitiveness, he attempted to use his gravitation powers to lift a large amount of dirt. The strain was quickly too much, and the majority of it landed on his head. After a moment, his hand emerged from the pile, followed by his head and torso. "Dammit!" he exclaimed, now having twice as much work to do. If he went back empty-handed, it wasn't going to go well for...anyone.

Izanagi, meanwhile, was searching the air. He hadn't heard of any meteorites landing on the surface lately, but then again, it was a big world. Plus, he felt a sense of accomplishment having left Tatsu to do all the digging and successfully persuading him to come along. Even if he did have to call it a "revenge quest." So now he was looking for these "Gummi parts," with...no success whatsoever. He sighed. "Well, hopefully the others are having better luck..."

"Nope!" said Ai, walking back from the house she'd just visited.

"Nothing there either?" replied Ayame.

"Uh-uh."

Ayame sighed. This search was going nowhere, and getting there fast. Who would have thought that gathering information would be the hard part? Between herself and Ai, they'd found exactly nothing helpful. Well, there was a rumor about aliens landing their ships on a mountain, but that was likely completely irrelevant, considering the tin-foil hat of the person who told them.

"So, where to next?" asked Ai. "Doesn't seem like the townspeople know anything."

"You're too quick to judge," said Ayame. "Chances are, not a lot of people know about leaving this world. After all, if it was common knowledge, we'd have heard about it. Besides, law of the universe number one: if you're looking for something, it's always in the place you decide it won't be."

"So...it's in your head, then?"

Ayame pinched the bridge of her nose. This was going to be a long night.

Haru sat in her room, staring out at the moonlight. She'd said she'd go. She knew she promised. But they didn't really need her...did they? She couldn't fight. All of her powers could only make things grow. Even when Tatsu had come into her room for rest earlier, all she could do was disinfect his wounds and cover them. Could she really be any help if she went with them...? And besides...she didn't belong with them anyway.

Mi wasn't faring any better than the rest of the group. This was the fourth cave she was looking at, and there was still no sign of anything. Don't get frustrated. If you do, you'll see it and not even know. Still, some help might have been nice. Sure, she was the only one who could turn her sword into a torch, but in the darkness of the cave, an extra pair of eyes could have made all the difference, something she didn't realize until the first cave.

Something caught on her foot, sending her off-balance. Mi staggered forward, refusing to fall, and turned to see what she'd tripped over. There it was. A small, deep blue block, standing out against the gray rock of the cave. It wasn't particularly big, maybe fist-sized, but it was still something, so Mi picked it up. This plan might have some merit after all.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:21 pm

An almost motherly voice clucked at the two from the far side of the room, "Sloppy, sloppy..."

It was Phoenix. Her hair drawn back in a ponytail and with more combat practical clothes, she smiled at the two walking towards their scuffle. She had originally ran after Thalia but after being reassured that all she needed was rest, Phoenix had come to check on her new student.

"Vita, don't you think the lessons should come from the instructor? You're at a terrible disadvantage bare handed after all."
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next