TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Discussion Mark II

+12
Whats_Up4444
Aesoth
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Eques tenebrarum
lethalityComplex
PsychoticDoctor
Malakili007
AKeybladeYouSay
Haar_Dragon
Zeldaman2.0
NebulaGregarZX
khfreak358
16 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Discussion Mark II - Page 26 Empty Re: General Discussion Mark II

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:51 pm

Yes, Red XIII is the dog-person from FFVII.

FFIV Advance is just a terrible version. The PSP version has all its goodies and far more, WITHOUT the crappy coding and bugs. The DS version may be harder, but I don't see why you'd need to cheat for it...

I'm not saying it IS that bad. It's among my least favorite, but so is VIII, and I LIKE that game for the most part. XIII is the only one I truly hate, if only for SE's fascination with it.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:54 pm

X is a hard one to describe, seeming as they made Omega a bloody pushover and didn't include the Dark Aeons or Penance in your version. The hardest boss was Nemesis, if you had the patience of mining all those monsters as well as the weapons, armor, spheres and levels.
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:55 pm

Well, since people are talking about Square's Crown Jewel, even though the person gave their definition for it (and I seriously cannot remember who started the whole conversation) but just going to say this on the matter.

Ahem.

Xenogears.

That is all.

Don't mind me, just wanted to throw that out there.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Location : The Ancient World that I have cremated and seeded with Metal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:08 am

Zeldaman2.0 wrote:Wasn't Red supposed to do some weird breeding experiment with Aerith? Why have I not stumbled across doujin of this yet?
because your not looking hard enough....

NOOOO I don't know where to find any.... <_<....>_>
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:49 am

I only cheated to see the end of IV.
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:28 am

coughcrystalcoughchroniclescough

Good lords, the sickness is spreading!

What's that about being happily insane?  You mean you weren't before?
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity
Gunamnex, the Commemoratio de Fortuna

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:05 am

It appears I've started something...

On the subject of Cloud, I am indeed referring to FFVII. He's not the worst whiner, but he just dwells on Aerith for way longer than he should. He was just boring to me. He had hardly any character, and the fact that Square has decided to make him angsty over it just makes those moments stick with me more, because even if it's not in FFVII canon, it's still a part of his character. It just shocks and amazes me that he has character in Crisis Core.

And on the subject of characters Leon is far less interesting than I remember, to the point where Squall is much better, and apparently, the Japanese version of Tidus was much less annoying. As in, that line about "This is my story, and you're not in it" was, in a more direct translation, "This is my story. I decide how it goes." Why did we get arrogant dumbass while Japan got someone who seems to actually interest me? +2 points to Tidus...and I never thought I'd say those words.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:19 am

Haar_Wyvern wrote:and the fact that Square has decided to make him angsty over it just makes those moments stick with me more, because even if it's not in FFVII canon, it's still a part of his character.

And on the subject of characters Leon is far less interesting than I remember, to the point where Squall is much better, and apparently, the Japanese version of Tidus was much less annoying. As in, that line about "This is my story, and you're not in it" was, in a more direct translation, "This is my story. I decide how it goes." Why did we get arrogant dumbass while Japan got someone who seems to actually interest me? +2 points to Tidus...and I never thought I'd say those words.
Part A: I don't know much about FFVII's lore, but from what I saw in AC I think he was beating himself up about not being able to save her, not being all 'wah i miss her wah'.

I would totes take a Japanese Tidus if it means no god damn laugh. And the "this is my story"? I thought that was Auron's. (I've played ten hours of X. I stopped after the Seymour assisted fight war thing because I fucking hated the combat.)
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:48 am

Yeah, he picked it up from Auron. Also, there IS the laugh, but the game kinda makes it clear that he's taking it all as a joke, like "Okay, fine, I'll humor you."

And if I remember the dialogue of the game right, it's not so much "I miss her" as "That bastard killed her." At the same time, I still didn't care...Sephiroth was an uninteresting villain with unclear motivation...and barely any presence. I remember that one scene, and him taking the Black Materia, he disappears, and then you fight him later, and that was it. Aside from that, I don't think he DOES anything. Hell, I think Cait Sith was a bigger threat...
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:52 am

Maverick, let me clarify that.

Playing Irisu Syndrome will make you depressedly insane and paranoid.

I just like my insanity as it is, without the awful bunny-witch dancing in my retinas.

Actually, I was looking at a video explaining some stuff from Remix, and it was the Japanese version. Tidus was fought in the 3-on-1 match, and his voice was much better in their version. Even with KH, Tidus is better in Japan.

And Auron did indeed tell Tidus "This is your story" early in FFX, before throwing him into Sin. Auron used the phrase in KHII because the KH!Tidus was too young and irrelevant and didn't show up ever aside from being mentioned once by Selphie and having his name pronounced wrong. And, yeah, run-on sentence. It was deliberate.

...Ah, haven't played Crystal Chronicles, can't judge it. I still have yet to hear anything bad about it.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:59 am

Well. I guess I'll get the PS3 with my next set of grant money, and the 3DS titles with this one. as soon as my fucking laptop gets here. Which is as close to alienware as I could get.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:17 pm

… I don't know anything about Final Fantasy. *weeps in corner*
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:10 pm

Haar, you're missing the point. -_- I was talking about the game the company is known best for. And that's definitely not BBS or 3DS. Hell, some people don't even know those games exist. But, I digress, I'm not going to argue my point because you'll just be a stubborn ass as per usual until I give up so I'll just save my breath.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:43 pm

Thing is, were talking about Square Enix. Not just Square. We'd have to consider the library of Enix, as well, before making a final judgment. It is entirely possible that a game by Enix got more recognition, but considering how uncertain of that I am, it's unlikely. But, then, I could be a stubborn ass and pretend that Square and Square Enix aren't basically the same thing anyway.

Now that I'm done filling in for Haar, yes, Final Fantasy VII has the most recognition. Since there's so much debate over which one is actually the BEST, even if I wanted to, I couldn't use a different definition for 'crown jewel', even though I really disagree with the idea that it's purely recognition that affects it...

And if Haar were the one doing the argument, I'm sure he'd poke fun at the idea of saving your breath when you're talking about typing a response. Just to take away all the ammunition I can.

Also! Edgar. I blame you for starting this discussion. Now it's personal; expect a lot of teasing if you don't win the race. And since I've beaten the game once before on Playstation... I expect this to be a snap. It's only a matter of time before I win, if you don't hurry.

Oh, one last point! About the steady decline after VII? I disagree when IX comes into the picture. It's my favorite after V and IV. And I think X is better than VIII, so the sequence is all messed up. It's not a very steady decline, especially with the whole having-a-different-composer-for-XIII-and-not-even-trying-to-retain-the-same-feel thing. And I hear XIV is actually good. And XV looks like it's going to be better than XIII. So... huzzah?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:47 pm

To be perfectly fair, I said SQUARE'S crown jewel, so technically we get all the way up to X or XI I believe, and the first KH. Out of all of those, I think the most iconic is VII, which is why I said it.

And I have stupid amounts of time to burn. It's basically whether or not you can remember it well enough to trump me, against my sheer number of playable hours a day (which is usually about four to six on average).
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:47 pm

Zeldaman2.0 wrote:I'll put my faith in you... THIS time, Gasai.

In other news: I'm playing Square's crown jewel. And I FUCKING LOVE IT.
He's right you know? he only said SQUARE

also Final Fantasy X-2 is the last Square game you get up to before the merger. (and yes XI is included)
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:47 pm

I gave up on XIV for now. 

Realized a final fantasy mmo that has basically been WOW'd, without having a group to belong to, is not for me.  As much as I like the character creation, it is lacking because of the classic "gear is quickly replaced almost every level in the mad rush to endgame" situation.  Crafting is considered useless by the community, and the markets are of course a mess (to be expected early on).  Sure, patches may come along and change a few things, but the argument being made and echoed throughout the community of the game is that it has been transformed by Yoshi-P (perhaps without him realizing it) into a monster that betrayed the hopes of both the original staff and the fans.

Don't even get me started on the Gil sellers.

It saddens me greatly, for I really liked creating characters, and wanted to see how a musketeer class would work.
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:22 am

ButbutbutAdmin! The definition you provided said "most prized asset" or some something like that. I can't even begin to deny that VII is the most well-known!

And yeah, I've heard IX is fun, but...well, I haven't gotten around to it. And with all the games piling up on my plate, I'm not sure I ever will...But! Irrelevant!

And if we're just considering Square, and not Square Enix...Hm. Personally gonna go with FFIV. Or maybe KH1. I dunno! But! What I do know is that this is a simple difference of opinion, and is as such allowed to exist, but need not be constantly talked about. Now, back to what I was doing earlier...DAMMIT I can't remember what that was!
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:34 am

though I must say the subject of just square got me curious as to whether or not there was a just enix game that gets the same kind of recognition as FF VII   (keep in mind enix is just a publisher not a developer)...so I looked and I believe there actually IS one

Star Ocean: Til the End of Time
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:01 am

Haar, I'd REALLY recommend IX. It's leagues beyond VIII. I mean, it has a main character whose name isn't a weather pun! And he actually makes a callback to those two! And he's not a depressed, angsty person! It's really likable, and goes back to the tone of the older games, instead of having three-man parties of people who can assume any role through specialization and cybernetic elements.

Oh, and we WEREN'T talking about something before this. Edgar mentioned that he was playing Square's "crown jewel", and I asked which game he meant by that. So the logical discussion to go into would be about how FFVII is now available on Steam... and I've only seen one fix they've made. "This guy is sick." Thanks, Valve. I knew I could count on you... 9_9 You'd think they would've cleaned it up a bit more! I mean...

["Barret! Attack while its tail is up!"]
["It'll counterattack with its laser!"]

WHY wouldn't they fix something so clearly misleading?! GAH!
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:12 am

NebulaGregarZX wrote:
["Barret! Attack while its tail is up!"]
["It'll counterattack with its laser!"]

WHY wouldn't they fix something so clearly misleading?! GAH!
This, actually. Razz
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:50 pm

I've heard IX is actually good, I just haven't gotten around to it. I've seen a bit of Zidane's dialogue, and he does seem fun to me. It's just...here's my list of gaming to-do's:

Uncharted 1 and 2
The Last of Us
Sly 1-3
Jak and Daxter 1-3
Kid Icarus Uprising
Virtue's Last Reward
SMT Nocturne, Devil Summoner Soul Hackers, IV
Devil Survivor Overclocked
FE Awakening
Phoenix Wright 2-5
KH1.5
Persona
Persona 2, both parts

Admittedly I've already beaten Awakening and Kid Icarus, but...there's so much more stuff to do in Uprising, and even though I have no excuse as far as FEA, I do intend to finish my most recent run. Please note that these are in no particular order, but all the same. There's a lot. So you can see why I said I won't be getting around to it soon. However much I'd love to, there's a lot of games. Most of those haven't even been out of the box yet. It's not that I don't want to play IX, it's just...so many other games. And with Pokemon coming out on Saturday...that's one more I'll have to work through. Perhaps if you could recommend a few of those to drop off, I'd be able to up the priority, but...as it stands, it'll be a while.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:56 pm

I... i can't believe I'm saying this, but drop Sly. If nothing else, drop Sly 2 at the VERY least, as (in my own opinion, dammit, and this better not start another flame war) it's the worst. You can play one, play the intro to 3, and miss NOTHING as what happens in 2 is explained as things become relevant. It's also a very poor version of 3.

Put off Nocturne until towards the end, it's long as shit from what I can see.

KH Remix is something that can wait, all you're getting is just some DLC-like content.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:51 pm

It's the collection on PS3, so that's the kind of thing that's like "I may as well." I will, however, be putting it off if that's what you recommend.

As far as KH1.5, I'm actually waiting to go to Hollow Bastion, so...there's really no point putting it off, and I know if I do it'll be like a year before it sees use again. So that's actually pretty high on my priority list.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:44 pm

Man, just looking at the new abilities in Final Mix/ReMIX has me jealous.

In other KH-related news, I just ripped Ursula to SHREDS in Re:CoM thanks to Demyx's card. Ripping off more than a whole bar with Blizzaga? Heck yeah!
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next