TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Discussion Mark II

+12
Whats_Up4444
Aesoth
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Eques tenebrarum
lethalityComplex
PsychoticDoctor
Malakili007
AKeybladeYouSay
Haar_Dragon
Zeldaman2.0
NebulaGregarZX
khfreak358
16 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Discussion Mark II - Page 25 Empty Re: General Discussion Mark II

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:03 am

Don't you lie to me. You've mentioned it before, I know you have.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:04 am

Nope...never before..... >_>......<_<
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:10 am

And you were just as cagey then. Honestly, WHAT could be so bad. Really. It can't be any worse than the things I've seen.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:14 am

*shudders* sorry but I really try to forget that ever happened *shudders*
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:19 am

I'll put my faith in you... THIS time, Gasai.

In other news: I'm playing Square's crown jewel. And I FUCKING LOVE IT.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:29 am

Um... I hate to ask, but which one is that? Final Fantasy V? Kingdom Hearts? Sorry, I'm sleepy, a bit sick, and reading about f*cking Irisu. I'm scared to look away, because... oh man... the game actually messes with you if you do, sometimes... did I mention it's about a girl going BAT-SH*T INSANE, and the game's goal is to, through puzzle-solving, keep her calm so she doesn't murder people? It gets worse. Just... stay away from it. Especially at night. There might be scarier stuff out there, but, uh... well, I'm glad I've never seen any of that, huh?

But ignore that. I'm sure you all like being happily insane, as opposed to... well.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:32 am

You make it sound like I haven't tried to take a stapler and push it through my principal's skull when I was younger. Good times.

And no, I meant 7, which is apparently on steam. Bought it on sale and it's money damn well spent.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:07 am

...I did the same thing...

...I-I mean buying FFVII on Steam during the sale. Not the stapling thing. Got past the Sector Seven Pillar, going to Aeris' house. It's a little hard to get used to using a keyboard for this...
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:14 am

If you have a XBox controller or PS3 controller with USB port you can plug it into your computer and play it like that, though I'm not QUITE sure exactly how those two work, I have a Logitech controller than I use as a profiler for my keyboard.

Also: Cloud crossdressing. Awesome shit. XD

I'm just ahead of you in the game. Race ya done?
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:51 am

I'll have to decline. I'm in no rush to complete it; besides, I have other things to do, and being a Steam game, it's something I need to have internet access to play. And I'd play for large blocks of time split across longer periods, not a consistent amount for a while.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:55 pm

FFVII is Square's crown jewel? I think not, sir. I won't say it's not money well-spent, but it's far from the Crown Jewel. *coughKHBBScoughFFIVcoughFFVIcoughcough* DAMN, someone get me a lozenge!
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:09 pm

-throws Haar a cough drop- I think BBS is well done, but my definition of "Crown Jewel" is the one that most fans have played and there's a large, general consensus that it's a great game. IV gets too much credit in my opinion, I honestly hated it. Not the story... well, the story a bit, but I mostly hated the gameplay. (I've only played the DS version, I dunno if that has anything to do with it.) VI is also pretty good, I haven't beaten it yet though.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:31 pm

And VII DOESN'T get too much credit? The game that people rush to call "the best RPG ever"? I see that it's good, and deserves its spot among top RPGs, but it's not exactly their best work.

Yeah, FFIVDS is different from the original by a lot, and they ramped up the difficulty. The PSP version is the best one you could get, trust me. Though, so far, any game that's gotten Yuri Lowenthal to voice the main character has been good in my books.

And for FFVI, you have to get to the second half before you can judge it. I lend the Advance version to a friend, and he gave up at the halfway point, JUST BEFORE the sh*t hit the fan.

Birth By Sleep? I think you ignore Dream Drop Distance. Then again, they took away the Command Synthesis, which lets you snap the game's difficulty in half if you have a guide, Radiant Garden completed, and about four hours to burn grinding and mixing commands and items.

...Edgar, I think I'll actually take you up on that offer. I won't move any faster than I would have normally, but I'm curious to see how fast you'll complete it relative to me. I know a few good tricks that can make the game almost trivial in places... And I'm not the type to go for the Gold Chocobo, so I wouldn't waste quite so much time. How experienced are you with the game?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:38 pm

I grabbed a Black Cover edition of an .iso a few months back, but I only got as far as... Um... Oh yeah, Aerith's house before I stopped and moved onto other games.

I have DDD but I haven't played it yet. I need to buy a 2DS first, as my little brother won't share his with me. Eh.

I'll pick up IV some other time.

I'm currently... outside of Shin-Ra's building. I honestly don't know diddly about this game besides what was shown on Disc 1 of Advent Children. And I'm not going to use guides for this, so either I'm not going to bother with Ruby and Emerald Weapon, or I'll do those much later. Idk about Chocobo Racing, so I may or may not do it.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:05 pm

I'm not ignoring KH3D, but that one gets spot 2 in my book, after BBS. I also won't deny that FFVII is good, but it's far from being my favorite game. My definition of "crown jewel" is the single best game that a company has produced and one that everyone should play if they haven't.

As far as FFIV, you don't have to like it. I personally find that it's my favorite game in the series because it manages to balance the dark with the fun by utilizing characters like Edge or Cid to contrast ones like Golbez or Kain. Not only that, but I think Cecil has far more reason to be sad than Cloud. For example, that one really famous scene in FFVII. "YOU'VE KNOWN HER FOR TWO WEEKS. YOU DO NOT GET TO MOPE FOR TWO MONTHS." As opposed to "Your best friend has betrayed you, you've done terrible things and you know it, your girlfriend is in the clutches of an evil sorcerer, and to top it all off, everyone around you seems to die or sacrifice themselves."

All in all, I just think FFIV had way more interesting characters. The most interesting guy in FFVII is Zack. And he's only in flashbacks...I will say I love Crisis Core though...even if the name doesn't quite make sense...
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:20 pm

Hey, I'm playing Crisis Core at the moment!
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:29 pm

Crown Jewel n. The most prized asset or possession in a group.

Yeah, that's Final Fantasy VII. You have to realize that up until VII, Final Fantasy wasn't all that wildly popular in the states. Sure, it had a small pocket audience. But, games like Dragon Quest/Warrior and other similar RPGs held about the same clout as any title of Final Fantasy. There was nothing particularly innovative and spectacular. They were JRPGs.

Without VII, Square Enix probably would have never even developed the funds to create Kingdom Hearts and the majority of the hype that was created by the addition of Final Fantasy characters wouldn't have had much of an impact. It would've been mildly popular at best and probably wouldn't have made it past KH2 if that.

Saying that BBS or 3D is a more appropriate crown jewel doesn't make any sense, because chances are they wouldn't have even existed stateside if FFVII hadn't been such a hit in the States.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:42 pm

I'd hardly say that's accurate. I own a copy of FFVII (PSP port), and while I'm glad to have played it, I place way more value on the KH series as a whole. From that definition "crown jewel" varies by person, and honestly, I don't care for FFVII as much as...actually most of the other games I own. SSBB goes above it, as does the KH series, as well as every 3DS game I have, Crisis Core (a spin-off of FFVII, I know, but I prefer it.), Persona 3/4, the other FF games I have (except maybe VIII), Megaman...the list goes on.

Plus, even among my own group of friends, VII is actually one of the less popular entries, and as far as I've heard, the series has gone into steady decline since then. One of my best friends is among the crowd that prefers VI, and I myself like IV, both of which existed before VII (for those of us who can't count to seven...), so...yeah. Honestly, VII would be much more interesting if it didn't just pitch stuff at us and expect us to care. We know Aerith for only a couple of hours before she bites it, and she has very little dialogue in the meantime. We never hear what Shinra actually does aside from "evil corporate group is evil," and the cast is about as interesting as my breakfast cereal. All we really see of Shinra that actually DOES something is SOLDIER, and frankly, they don't seem evil. Once again, I cite Crisis Core. Aside from Sephiroth, anyone who stays with SOLDIER seems to be a good person, and, well...look at their missions. Nothing outright evil or even morally ambiguous. I understand that I'm getting way off-track here, but...I dunno, I just don't find anything in VII to be particularly stand-out. Primarily because nobody has a personality.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:54 pm

->"Nobody has a personality"

->Clearly ingoring the hilarity and awesomeness of Barret.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:02 pm

Your all wrong.

Square's crown jewel is clearly

Final Fantasy

As it...oh...I don't know.....saved them from BANKRUPTCY?

General Discussion Mark II - Page 25 1521552378
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:10 pm

I already knew that. Hence the title "Final Fantasy."

And Barret's personality is a black man/Mr. T stereotype. With a gun arm. Gun arm...I'm nearly gagging as I type those words in that order. The closest one to having an interesting personality is...um...If I had to attach that to anyone, it'd be either Yuffie or Red XIII. And considering those two...that's really not saying much.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:12 pm

Already knowing it doesn't stop you from being WRONG.

Razz

*waits for someone to point out his own error*
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:42 pm

Wasn't Red supposed to do some weird breeding experiment with Aerith? Why have I not stumbled across doujin of this yet?
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:44 pm

*Doesn't quite care enough to point out the error*

Haar, are you sure you're looking at the original game? Cloud didn't constantly angst and whine. EVERY OTHER THING HE'S APPEARED IN has had him be angsty and whiny. In the game, he was much more confident and capable of doing things. And you exaggerated on Aeris there; you met her BEFORE Tifa. She just didn't introduce herself until later, and join your party. And on top of that, Cloud's been confirmed to have been in love with Tifa, not Aeris. No, seriously, they had to CONFIRM this in the supplementary materials, just because the fandom couldn't pick up on it in the game.

That said, yeah, I prefer IV to VII. And, yeah, going by Malak's logic, the original game was the best fit. My personal favorite, though, is V. If I had to say my least favorite ones, they'd be XIII and ALL its spin-offs, XII for making such an irrelevant main character, XI for being an MMO, and VIII for making me wander the world map forever looking for Esthar, when I was supposed to dock at Fisherman's Horizon! Why isn't X on the list? Because it grew on me. I despised it for the first twenty minutes, but around the time I reached Besaid, I started to like it.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:47 pm

IIRC, Red is the dog person, correct?

Also, I enjoy FFVI more than 7.

I've played IV on the GBA and DS. GBA version's a bitch at the end, I used an Action Replay to learn the ending for the DS Version.

XII isn't that bad IMO.
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next