TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TITAL 2: Why did It Take Me So Long To Do This?

+8
Atlantis_Rising
PsychoticDoctor
EpicMasterMind
Malakili007
NebulaGregarZX
lethalityComplex
Aesoth
AKeybladeYouSay
12 posters

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

TITAL 2: Why did It Take Me So Long To Do This? - Page 17 Empty Re: TITAL 2: Why did It Take Me So Long To Do This?

Post  PsychoticDoctor Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:48 am

Julie nodded, when a projection appeared from her right eye.
"Wing Mode installed and ready for use. Please have a minium velocity of 35 MPH before takeoff and maintain a speed of 30 MPH during flight."
"Woah..." Julie uttered this with awe. She saw Will enter a restroom, and come back in a flash.
"Ready." He was wearing a rather metallic compression suit.
"What's that?"
"A mixture of Under Armor and kevlar. As for you, I would reccomend trying your new mode during this mission." Will then looked at Xavier. "What's the plan?"
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

TITAL 2: Why did It Take Me So Long To Do This? - Page 17 Empty Re: TITAL 2: Why did It Take Me So Long To Do This?

Post  PsychoticDoctor Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:55 am

Meanwhile, at Rexial's Castle, Doc was sitting on the fourth wall, looking down at the scene.
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:40 am

<Coulda sworn that those two hadn't actually reached the castle yet, or something... But looking back, they just entered.>

Just inside, Blake and Nicole were greeted by a maidservant. "Good day, sir and madam." She had a strange look on her face. "Are you two... friends of Lord Rexial? Perhaps you should come at another time. He is out at the moment..."

Another maid rushed into the room, apologizing to the one who had answered the door. "Sorry, I was a little busy when I heard the door open..."

"Please don't make me cover for you again."

"It won't happen next time, I swear!"

The first maid left the new one alone with the two guests. "We weren't expecting anybody... Do you have some business here? I could take you to the person Lord Rexial left in charge here, but, um... er, she's an odd one. Would you like to meet her, or do you have some other business here?"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:48 am

"Now define 'odd.'"
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:22 am

"Well... her manner of speech, dress, and even her hair is just... strange. It's like she's trying to imitate Lord Rexial." She paused for a moment, coming to a realization. "...Hm, she DID mention that she has some kind of relationship with him. Perhaps she's an admirer? He does have a certain style and charm to him, but this isn't some silly high school drama; girls don't exactly swoon over him all the time."

"We all respect Lord Rexial for what he's done. We all used to be staff at a maximum-security prison in the Deep Dark. When our Lord Rexial was captured and thrown in there with three other people, he escaped, and shortly after, the whole facility collapsed. We were basically left drifting in an endless soup of inky blackness, but then he managed to draw us up to the surface, and explain things to us. We were in the Realm of Darkness, and had been forcibly changed into beings of Darkness. He asked us to work at his castle, as he wanted people to maintain it, and to give us shelter. Also, this realm is incredibly boring to just wander around. So it all works out for us in the end."

"But, yes, Lady Rekoka... she is currently overseeing the usual matters, making sure things are going smoothly, and assuring us that Lord Rexial is alright with her commanding us. She us... very convincing. And her decisions strike us as being essentially what Lord Rexial would decide anyway: prioritizing the optimization of our work schedules and making certain that we're not defecting or given reason to complain. It's a bit much, since our other option is wandering this realm, but we appreciate it."

"So, ummm... did you want to meet Lady Rekoka? Or perhaps you had business with Merry Su?"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:49 am

Nicole: Merry Su? She sounds horribly out of place in a castle like this... well, maybe not this castle. Sounds... uptight, overbearing. Ugh, I don't like her already. Stupid premonitions....
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:44 am

<So, you got a plan, Zelda?>
Blake:I think Rekoka would like to see us...
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:50 pm

Maid: Erm, "Merry Su"... ah, that's the nickname Rekoka gives him. And what gives you the impression that Lady Rekoka is waiting to see you? Did you have an appointment? I wasn't alerted to it...

"Well, there wasn't enough time for that."

*Rekoka appears from the maid's shadow.*

Rekoka: Sorry. They were in the area, so I invited them over. You may return to whatever you were doing before, now.

Maid: Yes, M'lady. *Curtsies before scurrying off*

Rekoka: ...Well, now that you're here, what would you like to do? A tour? Maybe go bother Merry Su? Get you two to a room? *Snickers at Nicole* "Merry Su" isn't exactly what you expect... perhaps we should go see him first, then go on a tour, ending with your rooms. Sound good, you two?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:00 am

Blake: S-sure. *mind racing like most 17 year olds would*
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:29 am

Rekoka: Heeheehee, you two can follow me, then.

*Rekoka leads the group through the halls to a tall flight of stairs.*

Rekoka: Let's see... Merry Su is all the way at the top, through that door. I'll unlock it for you.

*She starts up the stairs at an impressive speed, reaching the top within seconds and fiddling with the lock on the door.*

Rekoka: ...What are you two waiting for? Come on up. I don't usually bite, and neither does the person you're about to meet.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:15 pm

Blake took Nicole's hand and walked up the steps with her.
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:10 am

Nicole walked into the room with Blake, doing her best to hide whatever traces she could of how fast her heart was beating: At him boldly taking her hand, the new person they were about to meet, and the absolute POWER that everyone here reeked.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:01 pm

The sight of a high-backed chair turned away from the entrance awaited them. Dozens of floating screens hung about in front of the chair, its occupant somehow able to watch them all at once. Each one seemed to monitor a different person or place... in fact, three monitors all showed the inside of the very room.

"Well, I might as well get this over with..." A weary voice sounded from the seat, the one observing everything at once. It definitely sounded male.

The chair turned in place, revealing none other than the one they had been talking to by monitor earlier, Sukiru. "...Are you satisfied yet?"

"This is Sukiru. We call him 'Merry Su' around here, probably because I love messing with him, and all our workers have made a habit of it rather quickly." Rekoka teased. "I can hardly imagine why he wouldn't want you to meet him face-to-face."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:18 pm

Blake then walks up to Sukiru... And then looks at the screen.
"This is a highly rough estimate, but I think your setup is running about... Eh, 85% of what it can do without a performance drop? When was the last time you defragged your hard drive?"
<I do mean to piss him off just a bit. Not OMFGEH EVISCERATE HIM, just like,"Do you know what you're talking about?"
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:36 pm

<The problem is that that's the biggest way to get yourself owned when dealing with him. Trying to maim him is the SECOND-biggest way. Social interaction would've been a better choice, if you wanted to mess with him.>

"Computers and magic work very differently, so I doubt you could really understand how things work when you mix them together like this. Considering the fact that the 'hard drive' is my own head, and everything is running in real time, I would say that this is only .05% of it potential speed. However, I don't think anybody would enjoy having reality move 2000 times faster than it does now, so I'm keeping it as-is. And any 'performance drop' could only occur if I were to become fatigued, in which case I wouldn't care if things slowed down a little bit."

Sukiru spoke quickly and without pause until the end, his facial expression settling on an arrogant glare. "...In short, as I believe the master of this castle would say, 'f*ck you'. So, did you have any reason to come up here? What, did this witch coerce you into coming?"

"Witch? It's your fault I'm here, you lazy-ass, so you'll deal with the consequences of your d*ckish decision." Rekoka waved her hand dismissively.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:59 pm

Blake just stared in awe, and walk backwards to Nicole.
"Thought it was a supercomputer... My apologies."
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:06 am

"Close enough, I suppose. I mean, it only makes sense that all this information is passing directly through my mind, or else I would be unable to communicate with people as I do while watching everything else. It's not exactly obvious, so I'll let it go." Sukiru dismissed it. "So, what were you going to do next?"

Rekoka chimed in. "I was going to give them a tour, and this was stop number one. You gotta admit, this room is pretty interesting. It's the only room from which you can observe everywhere and anywhere so easily. It's also helpful in keeping tabs on people. Thankfully," She snickered, turning to the two guests. "Su is a mature enough person to not record everybody when they're in the shower."

"Actually, all the information IS recorded. Apparently, YOU need a few lessons when it comes to magic-science hybrids, too, Rekoka. It's all in my memory, which of course is more secure than any human's, as they discard unnecessary details and let everything blur and fade as time goes on. Well, anyway, I recommend seeing the dungeon where that one sword was kept... what was the name, again?" He smirked.

"Damn you, you remember the name and you know it!" Rekoka snapped at him. "Hell if I do, it's been a while since that guy went over the edge and had to be put down!"

"The Fragrach. That was the name of the blade. A stupidly-designed thing, too. If I recall, the wielder became immune to anything except for sword-based attacks. I assume the enchantment was intended to make the wielder immune to being hurt by anything aside from the weapon's own blade, but the maker was clearly too inexperienced and without any sense of irony to pull it off. Not that the wielder was any different." Sukiru chuckled, replaying his memory of Jack's death. He wasn't usually that sadistic, but those two sparked such animosity...

The girl crossed her arms over her chest. "...The less we remember him, the better. I don't know where they went so wrong, though... he got a Persona, so he should've understood himself better than that. He lost his memory and Persona, but... is it possible that contact with another Persona-user he hadn't met before made his memory return, and caused him to realize that his true character was pure evil...? Ugh, I'm gonna stop thinking about him. Wanna go downstairs and see the place we used to hide that stupid weapon?"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:15 am

Blake looked at Nicole, his face asking for her opinion.
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:28 am

"I suppose. Sounds cool enough. Better than a stuffy room with an android who has ninety percent of his memory dedicated to ego. Hell, I think I was right in my assumption about you. You kinda ARE prissy." Not especially knowing why she's being mouthy all of a sudden, perhaps Nicole became emboldened by Blake's gesture of teasing animosity and wished to try her hand at her own.

<There. THAT'S how you piss off Gregar's characters. XD>
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:39 am

<Excellent demonstration, Edgar. Hit the weak point, rather than trying to overcome a stronger part.>

"Tch... w-well, first of all, the correct term for that would be cyborg, not android." He seemed especially wounded by the insinuation that he was a completely artificial being... probably because that was absolutely true. Not that there was any way that anybody could possibly have known that, nor did he plan on making it obvious. "And... second, my memory is, again, stuffed full of all of your stupid adventures! My own ego h-has nothing to do with this!"

There was a brief silence.

"...Shut up!" The observer lashed out all of a sudden. "N-next time this happens, I'm going to distribute videos of the most embarrassing things I can find of you people all over the internet, and make sure the House gets a few copies! A-and I'll tell everybody your secret!" The last statement was directed at Rekoka, whose face darkened. "Nobody around here or the House will ever take you seriously again!"

There was now a weird tension between the two of them.

"Oh, well. I guess you're as prissy as Nicole here says. See ya, Su."

And with that, Rekoka turned around and lead them out of the room, leaving the observer gaping in astonishment. As soon as they were both out on the landing, the door closed, and they could hear a muffled scream of distress from the other side...

"That was great!" The girl laughed. "You guys should come over more often! It's not often he gets this worked up... and I doubt he'd follow through on that threat. Not unless we REALLY pushed him..."

"So, ready to see the place where we hid the Fragrach?" She asked, leaning on the stair rail.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:09 am

<That's how I roll. I think I could figure one out for almost everyone. The one that it doesn't apply to? Rexial. I think I'd go mad(der) if I tried to crack him. Btw, that game I mentioned? Mostly done. Just gotta tweak a little more, write a little more, and then voila!>

"Absolutely. Honestly, though, I don't think he's ever heard the 'woman's cautionary phrase'. Though he seems reclusive enough not to. Off to the Sword Frag!"
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:39 am

Rekoka leaned back and slid all the way down to the bottom of the stairs, falling off backwards as she neared the bottom and landing in a kneeling position behind the staircase before standing again and waving to Blake and Nicole. "Alright, then, let me show you the place! Heehee, actually, I've been keeping a little secret from Minato and the others, hidden away in that chamber. I figure you two aren't going to tattle on me, since it's no fun if the word gets out on this, but first I think I'll show you why the Fragrach wasn't something you could get without knowing how."

She waited for them to get down to her level before stepping behind the staircase, pushing open a door. "This place was specially designed to make sneaking in, snatching the weapon, and getting out without being noticed or being here for a long time impossible without knowledge of how it's set up. Not that Rexial wasn't stupid enough to practically hand it on a silver platter to the guy he was keeping it from in the first place."

"Anyway!" The girl pointed into the chamber, which had an eerie blue glow, and was much dimmer than the rest of the castle. Walking in, one would be likely to slam face-first into a wall if they weren't careful. The path continued to the right of the entrance. "That's the way to one of Rex's signature obstacle-courses-from-hell. Which results in a dead end with a pedestal and a warp circle that sends the person outside when they want to leave, as backtracking through that is a literal impossibility. And on the pedestal? A note, mocking the would-be thief on expecting it to be out in the open."

"The real way is here." Rekoka pointed to the wall facing the entrance. "The password is kind of vague... it'll accept anything along these lines." She took a deep breath...

"REXIAL, YOU JACKASS!"

After a second's pause, the wall slid open to reveal a new room. The walls were lined with lockers, so many that it would take days on end to search them all, even if one were to go by open-glance-shut-move on methods. To really thoroughly probe the room would take years without help in some form.

"This is the place where we hid the Fragrach. The idea was that we'd let victory come close to any pursuers of the weapon, after making them go through some really nasty stuff, then, if they let their frustration out and it happens to open the door into this room... they can search for hours and find nothing. Welcome to Rexial's Castle, where we snatch victory from your hands and kick you in the groin while we're at it! ...Not that we do that a lot, of course. It's bad for our reputation."

"So, what do you think? I bet you can't guess which one the sword was kept in." Rekoka stepped aside with a sweeping gesture, offering to let them have a good look around.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:06 pm

Blake thought for a second when Nicole said "Sword Frag" and how a frag grenade that shot swords would work. He then saw all the lockers. He slowly walked into the sea of safes and pointed at the first one.
"This one?"

<Can't remember if I said this but credit for my profile pic goes to Nebual!>
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:31 pm

<To be fair, there was already a picture to use as a reference... and I think, wit the way the hair turned out, he reminds me just a bit of Minato. And on the subject of Minato, I just beat Persona 3 Portable! ...I think grinding three levels and fusing together Lucifer with Victory Cry and Morning Star (and Absorb Ice... and Spell Master... and Megidolaon...), and then giving him all those stat-boosters was overkill, though. It's disgustingly broken for normal battles, since I can deal 800 Almighty damage to everything on the first turn, which is certain death for most of them, then instantly get back the 42 SP I paid to do it after the battle. And then I went and fused him into Lucifer's Blade, and used to Compendium to just bring him back out. The power is almost sickening...>

Rekoka actually took the guess seriously. "Very close, actually. If you'll check inside, you'll find nothing..." She opened the locker, showing that it was, in fact, empty. "But we don't make things easy for intruders. This is the last kick in the teeth."

She opened the locker next to this one. "An ordinary, empty space, right? Yep, you'd be right! The only strange part is this divider." The girl pointed to the wall inside the locker, separating it from the one Blake had pointed out. Reaching in and sliding it back out of the way, she reached into the shadows of the other compartment, clutching something.

"Do you promise to keep this a secret? I wouldn't want to deal with the consequences of other people knowing about this."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:32 pm

<You went level-grinding for Lucifer with broken abilities, then made him a sword and pulled him out of the compendium...for a boss that can be beaten in the level 60 range, without any of the endgame Personas. It's things like that that make me wonder sometimes why bother. My first run of P3 ended with me using Surt, Thor, Odin...and I think that's it. So aside from turning the final boss into a total sweep, what exactly is the point of level-grinding up to the mid-80s?>
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next