TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Sky, One Land, One Ocean.

+3
Eques tenebrarum
Haar_Dragon
Whats_Up4444
7 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. - Page 3 Empty Re: One Sky, One Land, One Ocean.

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:31 pm

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?" A young, energetic voice shouted as a trio entered the scene from along the path. The rain provided a cool, rhythmic patter as the young princess summoned Brynhildr in a flourish of fire.

"Way to ruin our preemptive strike, Brenna..." Jonah complained with a half smile as he opened his lexicon, leafing through the pages.

"Maya thinks this is a good first trial. She'll stand back unless she's needed." The illusionist mused to her companions as she seemingly dissappeared.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Eques tenebrarum Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:47 pm

The man turned, looking at the two kids before him and his men. "We're making a living here, take a walk unless your planning on paying up too" he barked. He gestured for Rosen to hand him the box. The latter hefting it once and scowling. This was his only thing he had left of his family, aside fromthe book and the tile he had around his neck. You want it you're going to have to kill me" he said. The man cocked his head to the side, almost like the idea wasn't something he thought of often, then he smiled. "Fine then, sic'em boys" he said waving his hand nonchalantly.

His four men rushed at Rosen like linebackers going for a tackle. Rosen twisted his body, and let himself spin once in a splid circle, the box slipped off his shoulder and into his hands. He flicked it upwards and into the nearest mans stomach. The poor smuck collapsed, holding his gut as the others stopped short. "Encircle him, you two, handle the other brats" Their leader said as he backed up behind the twp remaining men around. Rosen.

The two assigned to handle said brats started straight for the two strangers, hands empty but raised to do some damage.
Eques tenebrarum
Eques tenebrarum
Leo the Militis de caligo

http://Fanfiction.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:55 pm

"You seriously think you can take us with your bare hands?" Brenna look speculatively at the two men as her body was encircled in a wreath of flame that gathered in her blade.

"Don't get cocky. We aren't your average 'brats'." Jonah said smugly as a ball of water levitated in his free hand, gathering from the surrounding rainfall. The pair were hoping that the display would scare off the men so they wouldn't have to resort to violence.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eques tenebrarum Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:46 pm

The two men hesitated, obviously shocked by the magic these children possessed but didn't back away, the one on the right grit his teeth, that were sharpened to a point, and lunged at Jonah wildly. The one on the left drew two knives from his belt and charged at Brenna, the metal blades glowed in a dim green light and smelled of burning alcohol. Posion.

The three men that grouped around Rosen tensed all at once and lunged at him. The Young boy had never fought a day in his life, but he whipped his makeshift weapon into another bandit, and dodged through the opening. The next two drew small blades from the recesses of their clothes. Their leader gestured. "Go on then" he said as they moved in. Rosen threw his box into the first mans chest quickly, it made him fall flat on his back, and he struggled like it was the heaviest thing on the planet. The next man swung up at Rosens face, making him jump.back, the man did a sudden turn and the blade was streaking towards his chest. Rosen threw himself onto his back, the knife skimming over his tattered tie. He rolled to his feet seconds before his opponent could right himself. The leader of the bandits was running for the white box, Rosen muttered a curse as he tried to dodge around his current obstacle, only to be stopped once he almost was stabbed in the chest again. "Ah ah ah, you and me first boy" he said as he flipped the knife between his hands.

Last edited by Eques tenebrarum on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eques tenebrarum
Eques tenebrarum

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:07 pm

Brenna shook her head as she brought her blade to bear, she swung the blade and shouted, "Fire!" From the tip of Brynhildr, a large fireball appeared lambasting her attacker with a ball of flame.

Jonah just waved his hand that held the sphere and the wall created a thick wall of ice in front of him which slammed into the man who attacked him with rocket like propulsion when Jonah pressed his hand on it.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eques tenebrarum Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:15 pm

The man would attacked Jonah fell flat on his back, and did not move an inch. The man when for Brenna, jumped to his right, the ran at her again, slashing at her body once he got within range.

Rosen backed away from his current opponent, the leader was hefting to pull the box off of his partner. "This thing ways a ton, must be full of valuable loot" he strained. Rosen saw a flicker and raised his arm instinctively to block it. The mans knife stopped just able Rosen's head, as he pushed against his forearm. The boy swung his fist into the mans belly, then gripped the mans second knife, then jumped away from him. "Now we're on equal grounds!" He said.
Eques tenebrarum
Eques tenebrarum

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu May 30, 2013 2:39 am

You shouldn't pick on children like that, you know.

A silent voice crept into the minds of the bandits. There was no sound, and yet, they heard it. It could not be identified, it could not be understood. Was it a chilling presense that would not hesitate to end their lives? Just a disapproving soul, trying to tell them that they were doing something wrong? Perhaps even a rebuke made in jest? For all one could tell, it was without emotion or feeling, just a message.

A fairly inocuous message, in fact. Perhaps were this not the heat of battle, it would be more noticeable, but the best one could hope for was that a bandit would stop for a second and wonder what in the world he had been smoking earlier.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:05 pm

Brenna agilely danced backwards away from the man's knife as her blade can to rest against his throat, "Move and its lights out." She said darkly as the fire of Brynhildr threw off incredible yet unburning heat.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eques tenebrarum Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:46 pm

The man let his knives slip from his grasp, giving up. "Alright" he said

Rosen glanced back to the leader, now given up on moving the box from his comrade. "Kid, its just you and the two of us, you really want to try it?" His current goon said. Rosen flicked his knife up and looked between them. "Your not taking that box" he said firmly. Then punched the man he took his knife from in the face, making him stumble back. He whipped his head around, just in time to see the bandit leader pull three thin, sharp blades from his sleeves. Throwing knives? The man threw just one, it was quick, so fast he could feel the wind part. Rosen sidestepped it, but it still sliced his his arm open, blood bollosming slowly, he reached up with his blade arm, grasping at it. The boy cursed, knowing no magic, and having no protection, was much else to do but dodge until he ran out. The leader laughed and withdrew another knife from his sleeves. "This is my favorite sport, lets see how many times it takes for me to hit an organ" he said throwing two more, Rosen dropping quickly. "Let's see if you can!"
Eques tenebrarum
Eques tenebrarum

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:54 pm

"You shouldn't have done that." A coarse, time weary voice spoke up from behind the bandit.

Maya stood, her eyes glowing with a furious light as she rose her hands, "Illusion Artes: Voice of The Ancients: Nathan." She leapt backwards and donned the garb of a familiar dark pyromaniac. Rushing forward, she made short work of the bandit that had threatened Rosen's life.

Then, as quickly as it had come, the clothes disappeared, Maya's gaze was trained on Jonah as if directing him to action.

Jonah, without responding to the glare, cast a Cure spell on Rosen's wound, as he did, he spoke to Maya, "Who was that?"

Maya nodded curtly, her eyes shifting tones, "An old friend from Maya's past."
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eques tenebrarum Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:10 pm

Rosen stood up, walking passed the group, and to the bandit that was still trapped under his box. He reach out to the chain and picked it up like it weighed six pounds, and slug it back over his shoulder. The man gasped for breath, and stumbled back and ran off. "Thank you for the help" he said as he walked back to the trio. "That guy probably would've pegged me good if I went for him head on" he adds.
Eques tenebrarum
Eques tenebrarum

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:29 pm

"Tch, I'm surprised these bandits haven't learned their lesson. Attacking civilians on the outskirts of Synthisle of all places? Idiots..." Jonah complained angrily as he put away his tome.

Maya nodded stoically, her voice a chilling monotone, "I couldn't help but to agree, Jonah." With a curt nod, she disappeared into the young man's shadow.

"Looks like we'll be finding our own way from here. Figures." Brenna pouted as she sheathed the firebrand, "How long until the next city?"

"We'll be camping in the woods tonight." Jonah responded plainly.

"Wha? So, not cool..." Brenna folded her arms, none to pleased with the idea of camping out.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eques tenebrarum Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:06 pm

Rosen flipped the knife in his hands, catching it by the worn leathery grip and slipped it into his tattered jacket. Overhearing talk of them moving onto the next city, as well as camping in the woods, he turned to the pair. They were strong, stronger than him on his own anyway, and he had literally just the clothes on his back and a sealed box that he only had a very slight clue of what it contained. He could use the help to get to the next city over, maybe he could get some better clothes too, to remain dressed as a obvious nobleman, no matter how beat up he looked, was bound to get him attacked again. Rosen juggled the idea of just going on his own a little further, but he knew that he would only get lost...or killed. "Hey...can I stick with you guys until i reach the next city? I've got nothing I can give you, but I could use the help badly." He said as he toyed with the chain around his shoulder slightly, his eyes trained on the ground as he spoke.
Eques tenebrarum
Eques tenebrarum

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:24 am

You may rest safely tonight.

The silent voice had spoken again, this time remotely intelligible.

You have a journey ahead, no? Please, sleep without fear. No harm will come to you so long as I am watching.

It was still difficult to make out, manifesting mostly as a warm, secure feeling. As if there was somebody there to keep them from danger, and give them sanctuary.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:39 pm

Jonah nodded, "Scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. You're free to make camp with us. At least until we make into a city again."

With that issue out of the way, he looked at Brenna, "You're on fire duty, believe it or not."

Brenna rolled her eyes as she began to gather deadfall from around them, "Big surprise, brother of mine."

Jonah smiled slightly, "I could try to light a fire but..." He held up his hands and slight drizzle came and went with his thoughts, "Probably not the best idea."
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:55 pm

...They... can't even hear me. That's kind of sad. Oh, well. I suppose that just means I don't have to sound melodramatic for them.

So, these children are Willright's descendants? Hm. Suppose I'd best keep an eye on them for the time being. It would be something of a downer if they were slain by more bandits as they slept.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:41 am

It wasn't long before camp had been set up for the night and Rosen and Brenna were fast asleep.

Jonah had elected to take the first watch since he was the eldest of the group at least mentally.

The young man had his back against a thick tree. As he sat there, he leafed through his lexicon, the book's pages were always new to him, changing as he became more experienced.

A voice.

He looked up, seeing no one, the young man projected his senses and picked up on the voice's presence but little else, "A spirit?" His voice was a hushed whisper, careful not to wake his sister or new found ally.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:34 am

...Ah, so you can perceive my voice. I was trying to tell you that I'd be warding off anything cowardly enough to attack you in your sleep. If you're going to be helping this world, then I can at least give you my blessing.

Now, what is your name, boy?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:39 am

Jonah decided that it would be better to project his thoughts and completely avoid the risk of waking his companions.

Jonah, eldest son of the House Willright. Now, spirit, may I ask your name?
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:46 am

There is a pause before it answers.

...I have only one name to give: I am the great Luigi, righteous warrior who fights for everlasting peace.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:49 am

Luigi... That sounds distinctly foreign. Are you not native to Synthisle?

Jonah looked slightly perplexed by the voice not sure that he was willing to trust it.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:54 am

I come from a faraway land, a land caught in an eternal twilight. As for why I'm here... I was watching the sun set with you and your sister. It reminded me of home.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:57 am

So, you've been following us since the heartless attack? Why didn't you make yourself known sooner?

Jonah's brow arched in confusion. A slight suspicion creeping over him as he conversed with the spirit.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:03 am

I'm afraid I've been dead for over a century. I can't really do anything physical, and nobody was hearing my voice. One of the downsides to having no body, I suppose. Should I have asked for tips on communicating with the living before my departure?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:53 am

Jonah nodded respectfully.

I'm not necessarily saying that communing with the living should be a speciality. But, my communication with the dead seems to have already served me well.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next