Video Game Thread! What Game are you Playing?

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Video Game Thread! What Game are you Playing? - Page 5 Empty Re: Video Game Thread! What Game are you Playing?

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:03 am

I didn't know, I just guessed. And I bet anything it'll destroy those bears in the desert that take a year and a half to kill.
THIRD CHARACTER! (Not going to lie, this one is turning out to be my favorite of the male characters.)
Name: Syth
Race: Cat Hybrid
Form: Feline (Panter)
Fighting Style: A) Magic and Daggers B) Magic and Bows
Personality: Wary and distant, the epitomic "quiet guy", Syth is close to only a few, keeping to himself. Very straight-laced in his disciplines.
BG: (Note: Syth's actual BG will be fleshed out more in the story, this is more of how he gets into the party) After Theo and Lenea are turned away by the Council, they head to the nearest town, Janed. After staying the night, they decide to try to head Westward, but are blocked from entering the forest by a barrier. Disheartened, they return, bumping into Syth, and learn from the townsfolk that Syth is a gifted magician, but associates with next to no one. The duo try to persuade him, but fail. The two are about to leave when Janed is attacked by the Crusaders. Syth runs off as Theo and Lenea deal with them. They then find Syth holding a woman, who gives her last breath as the two approach, Syth morphing into Feline, his Beast Form. The three find the first of Caius's generals, Sir Hund, in charge of this massacre. The trio quickly beat down Hund's guards, but he escapes. Syth then formally joins the group, vowing vengeance.
Looks: in keeping with his feline heritage, Syth has mostly angles features, especially his eyes and jawline. Having short, fine, black hair, his eyes are a deep emerald, his eyebrows arching and his lips thin. He sports a jet-black tail, which he likes to keep wrapped around his waist. At 6' 3", his sleek body could be used to fight, however, as he is a magician, he cannot be encumbered by armor or heavy weapons, and must direct as much of his energies as possible to use magic. Typical dress is a dark blue shirt, dark olive green pants, and flexible boots.
Dialect: HIs sentences flow like honey, unless placed in an awkward situation (which, most of the time, Lenea loves to supply).
Armor note: Light armors only for him, and can use staffs in addition to his weapon of choice.
Magic note: uses black magic and offensive buffs.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Video Game Thread! What Game are you Playing? - Page 5 Empty Re: Video Game Thread! What Game are you Playing?

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:13 am

Hm. Well, remember, the right skill will kill the right boss in seconds.

Hm, intriguing. You said their styles of fighting would change with dialogue choices, right? Then, do their personalities change, as well?

Planned Characters for DB Story: Redemi, Nobis, Matsuda.
To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

"Go forth, and set the world on fire!"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:23 am

Yeah, the weapons change, but personalities do not. I wanted to give the player some kind of depth to the gameplay, and for some scenes I'll change it up. Like the drinking scene with Lenea? If Theo had opted to stay at the Inn beforehand, he'd wake up in the Inn room. If he didn't, and drank against Lenea, he'd wind up in her guest bedroom.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:08 am

Interesting...

*Ahem*

Theo: http://nebulagregarzx.deviantart.com/#/d5og2k5
Lenea: http://nebulagregarzx.deviantart.com/#/d5oxzqc
Syth: http://nebulagregarzx.deviantart.com/#/d5oy3rh

So, how 'bout the other character designs, and could you elborate more on the story?

To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:26 am

I GOT DIS. (My new phrase) I'll be elaborating on the story a bit with each character as has been observed, and I'll explain magic. I think you'll have fun with these next three, they're going to be a little more complex.

Name: Bon
Race: Kangaroo Hybrid
Form: Kanga
Fighting style: A) Dual short swords B) Crossbows/Bows
Personality: Flirtatious and cunning, she adapts herself to her situation, and often will reel men in and leave them hanging, for sport or for business. Outwardly she may seem like a user, but inwardly she's shy and protective.
BG: Growing up homeless in the streets of Qel-sode, Bon was raised as the eldest of five. When her parents died trying to protect her and her siblings from thugs, Bon took to thievery, though she hadn't before at her parents' behest. She eventually found a place for her and her borhters and sister to stay. Bon acquires her weapon proficiency, and most of her skills, from a gang of thieves. After some time, she joined the gang in full after earning the guarantee of her siblings' safety. She resents her current life, hating that her and her siblings had to grow up as they did, homeless for the year before Bon found their home, and is looking for a way to keep her siblings supported.
When the party arrives in Qel-Sode, Bon approaches them and promptly steals half of the gold they carry. After this first encounter, she will change up assisting and harassing the characters for the duration of their stay on the Southern continent. While there, the party searches for a stone that would give them access to the Avian cities, where they head to seek answers on why they transform.
Looks: A 6' 1" veritable bust beauty, Bon is graced with looks that are a relief from the eyesore of a desert she is forced to call home. She sports flowing dirty-blonde hair, striking blue-green eyes, a soft yet firm face (regal?), small lips, strong eyebrows, and a scar over her right eye (going towards the outer part of her face, and going down over her eyelid). She is very fit, with toned (but not overly muscled) arms and legs. Her skin is fully tanned, as she hates having tan lines, believing them stupid. Light brown ears decorate her head, and a tail hangs behind her. Bon typically dresses in a beige shawl, beige top that covers her upper arms as well as her full torso, leaving her forearms exposed, and tan pants that cover her legs wholly, all of which is close fitting and very light.
Armor note: Can wear light or light-medium armor, but she makes up for this with her speed.
Dialect: Highly authoritative until/if she joins, in which case she softens slightly.
Joining note: upon stealing the party's gold, she must take a certain range (haven't decided yet XD) which mustn't be too low, but neither too high. At the second town on the Southern Continent, the party must tell the guard they haven't seen her, and not accept her offer of help at that point. At the capital, they must find her at night within a certain time limit, and tell her about the information they've gathered about the stone. In the cave, the characters must choose to be knocked out instead of simply tied up when given the choice to infiltrate the bandits' camp. At the final city, they must deign to give the stone to Bon for free, and then leave. She will join at the port city.
Guy number five!
Name: Dain
Race: Eagle Hybrid
Form: Avia (Eagle)
Fighting style: A) Spears B) Wing Attacks (can be upgraded by installing different stones into a pendant he wears)
Personality: Warm and kind, Dain seeks to help others understand themselves. Though not one, he acts fatherly to those younger than him and treats those who are even slightly older with much respect.
BG: Growing up in the mountain city of Shaduhl, Dain was chosen at a young age to act as a shaman for his people. These shamans use their own special brand of white magic to commune with spirits in order to learn more of the old ways and to advise the populace. Along with spirit summoning, these shamans are taught healing magic, and will often act as doctors and physicians, even on the other continents. Dain was glad to be a part of this role for his people, and, on his 25th birthday, received his official robes. Though he delights in his work, he is required by his profession never to marry, mate or have children. Furthermore, while people respect him, he feels people don't appreciate him as a person. He assists the party by helping them to find out why they transform, and also assists in fighting against the Humanitarian Crusaders. His form is unleashed when he reaches total serentity as he prepares to lay down his life for the party as they fight a demon.
Looks: Possessing a wide-set, slim body, Dain clocks in at 5' 7". Though the shortest member, he garners almost as much respect as Theo or Bon. Having medium length grey hair (about halfway down his shoulder blades, the Avians take pride in their flowing hair in both men and women), he has green eyes, boyish features, and an eagle's beak for his nose and mouth. Sporting a set of tailfeathers in the small of his back, this enables him to fly for around a minute in his normal form in conjunction with his wings, which are part of his arms, and his stone.
Armor note: Can wear heavier armor if he uses a spear, but only medium if he uses his wings.
Magic note: Uses white magic and defensive buffs.
FINAL PLAYABLE CHARACTER! (Aka by me and my writing partner as 'the Yoshi' XD You'll see why)
Name: Gella
Race: Dragon Hybrid
Form: Dragon
Fighting style: A) Natural Attacks (Teeth, claws, etc) B) Sword and Shield
Personality: Simplistic and straightforward, Gella bears no illusions about any subjects. Though she is somewhat friendly, her bluntness can sometimes get in the way.
BG: Grith grew up living in one of the smaller settlements on her island, a small town called Gez. Growing up was standard fare for Gella: she was raised by her parents until coming of age, and when her time came she chose to immerse herself in the ways of dragons' magic. Gella became surprisingly adept at this, and once she had a basic mastery, went frequently into the woods alone to hone her magic and her fighting skills. She earns a living by taking the valuable parts from monsters and trading them with the local armor, weapon and general stores, which keeps her paid well and the shops well-supplied. Upon visiting the island a second time, after recruiting Dain, the party can start the process of recruiting Gella. To do so, they must have the entire party equipped with weapons and armor she helped to make (bought at the local store) must beat, but not kill, her in combat, and must allow her Form awakening to occur though a specific set of dialogue choices. (Gella must feel needed)
Looks: Gella is 6' 3", having a sharp chin, thin nose, mid-high cheekbones, slanted eyes with narrow pupils and yellow irises, and has two small "tear-fang" tattoos (red) below her eyes (like Axel's, except bigger), and flowing silver hair. Her body is supple and exceptionally fit, and parts of her are covered in sclaes, some varying in shape and size depending on where they're located. (I'll discuss this with you Gregar... at length XD)
Armor note: She can wear any armor, and her natural attacks are made stronger with certain items.
Dialect: To the point, she's rather haughty, but can be soothed to gentleness.
Magic note: Similar to Syth, but focusing more on fire based spells.

And that's all of them. Gella actually had a name change, I didn't like the last one XD
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:21 pm

Merry Christmas. I got a 360. Add me. My GT is LeadStorm96
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:29 pm

Merrrrrry Christmas!

Got a new copy of The World Ends With You, since I lost my original one. And headphones. Sonic Colors, Tales of Symphona: Dawn of a New World... And I may have gotten Sonic Adventure 2 on Steam. And a snazzy new hat!

NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:39 pm

Yet again, I get another game console that I don't desire to have currently.

Despite my constant reminders not too.

Despite me showing mother articles about how bad the system in question is.

She still gets one through her contact, who apparently won't take it back unless it is converted into credit for something else.

I am heavily tempted to sell this WiiU monstrosity, give it to my cousin, or donate it somewhere.

BTW, she also got COD BO2 PS3 version, something that yet again I told her not to go near. lol!
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity
Gunamnex, the Commemoratio de Fortuna
Gunamnex, the Commemoratio de Fortuna

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:17 pm

Might I suggest a gift for you to get your mom next year Maverick?.... A hearing aid Razz

Anyways: My loot list.

From family:
Saints Row the Third
Mario Kart DS
Headphones
Mario Plush pajama pants ( sooooooo comfortable by the way)
Marvel character socks
Flexible USB Keyboard
Let it be beatles shirt and a myriad assortment of other clothes not interesting enough to mention
Money
Charge and play kit for 360

From Santa: Wink
PSP
Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time(PSP)
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance(PSP)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:25 am

I got:
WarTech: Senko no Ronde
Custom XBox controller
KH 358/2 Days (lost old copy)
NetBook
RPGMaker 3 (HELL YEAH, didn't even know I was getting something like this O.o)
Some snazzy flannel shirts that look amazing
Kick-ass Headphones
Think I got some other stuff that I think I should mention... Eh, whatever.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:37 am

I also got a Star Wars Tin/lockbox thing and with the addition of the money I used some of it to order *drum roll*

Suikoden

Yes....the first Suikoden game for Playstation....is on it's way to my house..... I am as giddy as an anime japanese schoolgirl right now
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:14 am

Let's see:
iPhone 4(Didn't actually have a cell phone till now. Neat.)
Three AMC Gift cards(one $25 and two $15)
One $15 Best Buy gift card
A Batman shirt
A shirt depicting a grizzly bear holding a sign that says, "Free Hugs"(So adorable.)
The Marvel Masterworks collection of Giant-Sized X-Men issues 1-8(I think)
Volume 1 of Brian Michael Bendis' Avengers run (Haven't read too much so far, though I can say that the artwork is beautiful.)
The Blu-Ray combo pack for The Dark Knight Rises
Several other uninteresting clothes
$110 in cash
And a partridge in a pair tree.

Also, glad to see you finally got BbS, Malak.

Last edited by khfreak358 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

"If that thing gets control of you, gutting is always an option."- Wolverine commenting on Spider-Man's Black Suit.

TITAL Characters: Trent, Sylvia
Org. XIV Characters: Siks, Kotank, Susan, Erntxt, Necro, Wayne, Astaroth, Kenshutsu, Mortem
Zombieland Characters: Necro, Crone
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:08 am

Damn, now I can't taunt with that anymore...oh well, it was old fuel anyway.

Meanwhile, I got nothing technological for Christmas. My parents are under a strong impression that video games are evil. I did, however, get money from relatives overseas (if you're reading this, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!) so I think you guys know where that's going. My cousin got a copy of Okami (courtesy of me. YOU'RE WELCOME!), and yeah. I got food. Oh, and a wooden sword, so I am now Sora!

Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:31 am

I will believe that when your hair defies gravity and you possess Bozo the Clown's hand-me-down shoes.

"If that thing gets control of you, gutting is always an option."- Wolverine commenting on Spider-Man's Black Suit.

TITAL Characters: Trent, Sylvia
Org. XIV Characters: Siks, Kotank, Susan, Erntxt, Necro, Wayne, Astaroth, Kenshutsu, Mortem
Zombieland Characters: Necro, Crone
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:43 am

And an oversize key. Don't forget the oversize key.

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:02 am

download took forever but im playng Minecraft and Skyrim {both 360, which im posting from XD}
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Eques tenebrarum on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:15 am

Headphones
3 CDs
IPad mini
Far Cry 3
Boot Cut Jeans
1 Sweater
1 Aeropastel Hoodie
and books, lots of precious precious books
Eques tenebrarum
Eques tenebrarum
Leo the Militis de caligo
Leo the Militis de caligo

http://Fanfiction.net

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:13 pm

I got:

A Samsung. Galaxy Mini (is now running CyanogenMod v.7.2)

A Fushigi ball (hard as hell to master)

A telescope

This is currently a WIP.
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5