TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mega Man Zero Five: Part III - Five Stones, One Legend

2 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Mega Man Zero Five: Part III - Five Stones, One Legend - Page 8 Empty Re: Mega Man Zero Five: Part III - Five Stones, One Legend

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:14 am

Marina just gave Tryton a blank stare in return.

Igniting his arm-mounted saber, Kosa stepped forward, taking a look at the door. "...Isn't this where...? Never mind."

He cut a sizable hole in the door, reaching for one of the still-glowing edges and wrenching it out onto the floor.

Nebula struggled against the mass of appendages, his weapon falling out of reach. The Anti-Hive would be able to keep it from infecting him, but it could only hold out for so long against that much direct contact.

Shit, how do I get out of this one? ...Oh, goddammit, I don't like option A. Option B sucks, too, since that one involves just waiting for everyone else to get me out of this. Still workin' on C... Augh, don't tell me I have to use this one again! One of these days, I'm gonna figure out how to use the Nova Strike, and then I'll never be in one of these situations again.

[Charging... 128%]
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Mega Man Zero Five: Part III - Five Stones, One Legend - Page 8 Empty Re: Mega Man Zero Five: Part III - Five Stones, One Legend

Post  SwampertOwnage Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:59 am

While Nebula prepared to blast free from the mass of Hive that attempted to engulf him for good, the rest of Team A was finding a bit of trouble in removing the mass of fleshy parasites. It was apparent that they had much better defensive capacity from their regular brethren, and had begun fighting back against their assailants. One particularly large appendage managed to gain a grip on Craft's cannon, and the two were locked in a deadly variation of Tug-Of-War. Dracoex repeatedly assaulted the mass, and repeatedly he was flung backwards, the fifth time being marked by a faceplant into the wall nearby. It was almost comical, if it wasn't downright perilous.

~~~~

Giving a nod of thanks, Tryton stepped into the room. The power had been chopped, rendering the lights dead. "Crap, that's a nuisance..." Switching to his limited night-vision mode, the ebony armored Reploid fumbled about till he found the almost archaic fusebox. Thankfully, replacement fuses were well stocked, and it was but the matter of a minute before power was restored. "There we- GAH!" Jumping back in surprise, Tryton raised his hand as he primed his newest weapon out of instinct. Sitting in a chair not far from where he stood was a Reploid, female, with over half her form completely overrun by Hive infestation. Somehow, she still had power, as well as some sentience. She winced at the light, her eyes focusing on the figure in the room with her. "...Kyle...?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ-K9OFr7Pc

If the Reploid was still in possession of his scythe, he would have dropped it. Heedless of the danger, he ran over to the Reploid, pulling her out of the chair and embracing her. "Mother, I..." Whatever joy he felt with this sudden reunion was tainted with sorrow - she felt so weak, it was evident that her energy was virtually gone. Gently, reluctantly, he set the infected Reploid back upon her seat. "...all this time, and you were still alive... only to come to this. Mother, how...?" Somehow, she managed a weak smile. Reaching out, a gentle touch to her adopted son's face was made. "Kosa... can explain. The infection is... too advanced by... now."

Crying out against such a thing would be fruitless, Tryton knew this much. It was all he could do to keep from embracing his long lost maternal figure again, instead merely holding her hand to his face. "I... I don't want to lose you. Not again..." Giving a small shake of the head, the woman attempted to alleviate his sorrow. There was so much she desired to say, and yet she was going to be denied it. The least she could give them was this. "M... Mia... I'll be... watching... over the... both of you. I... I promise..." With that, her eyes slid shut, a small light floating free of the corruption plaguing her body.

Tryton watched as his mother's soul disappeared, tears brimming in the corners of his eyes. Normally, it would have startled him - he never knew he could cry. But how could he care about such things at a time like this. Outside of the room, Wraith watched as he saw the little Elf depart into the Cyberworld, the sadness resonating from it pouring over him. "...rest well, little one..." Looking up from inside of a opened container, Sola raised an eyebrow at Wraith's choice of words. "Whatcha talking about, Wraith?" The ghostly entity made no reply, instead resuming his own rummaging about.

Back in the room, Tryton eventually stood back to his feet. "I'll be back with Mia, and soon. She... she needs to see you one last time." Turning to where Kosa was standing, he spoke. "Go ahead without me. There's something I need to do."
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:20 am

Marina gave a solemn nod, walking away, while Kosa remained where he was. "You don't want to hear the story yet?"

[...150%]

"Final Strike!" Nebula yelled, energy crackling over his body and forming an aura around him. He howled in pain, dashing straight through the abomination's limbs and ripping them to shreds before backing off to a safer distance, letting the energy fade. The White Reploid gasped for breath for a moment, trying to recover. "...At least we won't have to deal with the Hive for much longer. Because holy shit are these things stressful to kill..."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:37 am

"...maybe later, once this whole mess blows over, yeah?"

~~~~

The Hive, now quite dead, was nevertheless splattered across everyone present. Relief was a strong emotion everyone was feeling, but at the same time there was quite a few who were... less than pleased at how Nebula handled the situation. This was most applicable to Leviathan, who all but screamed as bad memories were brought back to the forefront of her mind. "Agh! Get this disgusting thing off of me!"
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:43 am

"...Right."

Kosa turned and left with the others.

Nebula looked around, surprised at just how messy that particular kill had been. "That's, er... sorry. I didn't mean to get it everywhere like that."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:10 am

Team B, having completed their scrounging about, began to make it's run towards the western section of the castle, where Copy Elpizo's throne room resided. Resistance was light, as virtually all of the defensive garrison within the fortress had committed themselves to taking on the distraction team. Upon reaching the door to the throne room, resplendent in it's gold sheen with a royal purple trim, Phantom frowned slightly. "And how are we to breach such a barrier?" Turning to Kosa, the assassin Reploid nodded towards the gateway. "You possess the highest firepower out of all of us - perhaps you ought to knock?"

~~~~

Peeling the oozing flesh off of his sister's back, Harpuia sighed at the mess. "At least we won't need to bother with cleaning detail. This place is going to burn once we are through." Punching a wall nearby, Falcona left a sizable dent as she roared in fury towards the roof. "Damn right it is! I'm tired of all these fuckin' setbacks - I need some ass to kick, and I need it now!"
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:20 am

Nebula sighed in frustration. "Tell you what; YOU can take the next one. Probably won't have tentacles."

"It's not like I haven't busted down the door before." Kosa shrugged, switching to his arm cannon buster and charging up. "Then again, it might've been reinforced since then, so... Hm. Let's give it a shot, then!"

Magenta light filled the room as he fired off a powerful charged shot into the door, point-blank.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:00 am

This calmed the Predator Reploid down somewhat, but she was still very much in a homicidal mood. "Tentacles or not, I'm gonna fuckin' OBLITERATE it!" As soon as she uttered the last syllable, Falcona rocketed down the hall, spurring the group to pursue after her. Dracoex ran alongside Nebula, absentmindedly wiping the remaining Hive flesh from his blade's surface. "You may as well have antagonized Death himself, Nebula - I doubt Falcona will wait to compromise with Copy Elpizo, should he be next upon her hit list."

~~~~

The door was blown wide open in a cloud of smoke, Team B dashing through with weapons drawn and at the ready. Sola took the point, her Buster raised and charged. "Alright, Elpizo - it's game, set and match for you!" On the dias next to his throne, facing away from the obtrusive group of invaders, the purple clad Reploid stood with one gloved hand neatly tucked behind his back. His other digits held onto the spherical pommel of a staff, obviously a simple showpiece. "...it was unlocked, I'll have you know. Barbarians, the lot of you."

As he turned to face them, his expression was far from one of rage, or even indifference. Instead, there seemed to be nothing but pure remorse upon his features. "Of course, I'm certain there was a time this wasn't so. Why you even bother with humanity is... absurd. What do you see in them that spurs you to fight so diligently for their sake?" Whether it was a rhetorical question or not, Copy Elpizo showed no signs of expecting an answer. Turning to his right, he strode a few paces till he stood before his throne, closing his sole uncovered eye.

"I was so perilously close to achieving my goal... a true haven for my kind, away from the persecuting control of humanity." The grip upon the staff tightened momentarily, the object itself glowing with a dim purple aura. "And now, upon the cusp of success... you would all seek to bring ruin to it." The eye reopened as he turned now to face the intruders. Both of his arms splayed themselves wide, the expression upon the Reploid Copy's face quite stern. "If this be your goal, the obliteration of our kind's final ray of hope, so be it! Do away with me! And let my death be a mark to the great suicide of the Reploid race!"
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:17 am

Kosa stepped forward a little, biting back the smartass urge to ask why Copy Elpizo had left his door unlocked in the middle of an enemy attack. He'd probably get a completely logical and sound answer for it. "Humanity is pretty garbage, yeah. These chumps might not think so, but I'm still convinced that they suck. I'm not here to stop you, to be honest... I'm just here because I can't stand to see you all messed up like this."

He moved ahead of Sola, coming closer to the purple-coated copy than he was to his allies. "So, Master E, you're not going to resist at all? That makes things easier. To show my appreciation, how about this? My only goal here is to return you to normal; I won't oppose you after we correct your programming. Just hold still for a minute."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:38 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wY6wuZ_QJg

The Copy's eye narrowed, very much skeptical of the black Reploid's intentions. "Return to normal? You would throw such insults in my direction whilst believing every word of it?" His arms lowered, both hands taking to gripping his staff. The aura had intensified quite a bit now, becoming plainly visible to the unassisted eye. "I will have none of this. Not a single one of you vile traitors even has the decorum to provide me a swift end... so be it!"

Raising the staff above his head with a single arm, Elpizo's expression darkened. "I was wrong. There is no hope for you anymore. Not you, not my children, not for a single soul within this world." Slowly, light began to pulse downward from the object in his grip, causing his form to waiver in the light. "You all have damned us to a wretched existence, from which there is no longer salvation. And thus... I will put an end to it all."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBV4PNoN-Qw

Suddenly, in a brilliant flash, the Copy's body altered itself in a grotesque manner. His armor enhanced itself, spikes jutting out from it's surfaces. Claws formed upon the edges of his feet, the tips of his fingers growing elongated and sharp. In his hand, the staff transformed into a shimmering, indigo-bladed saber. And finally, his solitary eye flashed a sinister purple above a sharp-toothed snarl. "You will be the first to burn in the fires of Armageddon. If anything shall be accomplished, I will scour all trace of this vile corruption from the face of this earth!"

The entire room darkened considerably, phantom flames appearing in the air all around the group. Not wasting time, Phantom leaped and dashed towards their adversary, bringing his blade to bear. Elpizo easily parried the blow, but his retaliation was not swift enough to land a hit upon the Shadow General, who vanished into the darkness just as swiftly as he had struck. Sola almost charged forward, but Wraith's hand grasped her shoulder. "...no. Find Nebula..." Sola watched as the rest of the team engaged the overpowered Copy. She couldn't believe she was being told to leave!

Shaking her head, the Reploid raised her S-Saber, glowering at their foe. "No! I can fight too, and I'm not relying on him for everything!"
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:39 am

"Oh, so now you're gonna make this about your stupid 'justice'. That tears it; I'm gonna beat you until you stop deluding yourself, jackass!" Kosa charged forward, his beam saber erupting from his arm as he slashed. Upon coming close, he had two important realizations.

In hindsight, fighting an enemy using a rapier with an unwieldy sword like mine is probably a bad idea.

...Oh, shit, that's a Model W.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:37 am

"Hmph." Ducking under the swipe, Elpizo shot his blade out in Kosa's direction, aiming for his abdomen. Seeing the thin, sleek blade positioned to strike, Sola quickly charged and fired a level 1 Charge Shot. The gray blast dinged off the Copy's weapon harmlessly, but managed to knock it just off course, enough to avoid it impaling Kosa in the gut. Their foe glared daggers at the pink Reploid. "You'll pay for that," he muttered as he leaped backwards, before using one of his clawed hands to tear open a portal to whom-knows-wear. Hovering near the ceiling, it grew in size rapidly.

Appearing from the swirling vortex, Poler Kamrous - dead and forgotten - dropped down to the floor. The massive polar bear Mechanaloid gave a deafening roar, seemingly without reason, before charging the nearest Reploid - which just so happened to be Marina.
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:53 am

In response, Marina whipped out her buster and fired repeatedly at the charging bear while backing up, then leaping up and kicking off the wall to escape. "Can anyone here use fire attacks?"

She landed, backing away nonchalantly. She didn't look as calm and stern as before the battle started, but she had definitely been caught in enough dangerous situations like this that she wasn't shocked by it anymore.

Kosa, meanwhile, nodded to Sola in thanks. ...I missed having people to watch my back...
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:16 am

Unfortunately, there wasn't a positive answer from any member of the team to Marina's inquiry - it seemed the entire group was locked into a Neutral element. Wheeling around after missing with her first swipe of the claw, Poler's eyes scoured the room, searching for her elusive prey. Seeing Wraith, preoccupied with attempting to charge up a Daemon's Lament, the massive Mechanaloid charged. The ghostly Elf/Reploid hybrid was hardly able to notice in time - let alone react accordingly - before he was hit. Crushed against a wall, he attempted to phase out into the Cyberworld. A risky maneuver in his current position, given the solid wall quite literally adjacent to him. If done incorrectly, he might warp into a section of the virtual world where no coding existed, virtually erasing himself from reality. He needed space, and that was precisely what he didn't possess.

In the meanwhile, Elpizo was busy fending off repeated hit-and-run blows from both Sola and Phantom, the two alternating in cooperation to take the Copy's attention off the other. So far, it was meeting with little success - the Megamerged Reploid had managed to parry almost every attack as it came at him. He even found the time to generate an aura around his unoccupied hand, firing a scathing beam of purple plasma in Kosa's direction.
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:12 am

Kosa charged at Poler from the side, trying to ram his saber through her body to distract him. Meanwhile, Marina took shots at Elpizo from a distance, constantly changing her position to escape retaliation.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:31 am

The massive Mechanaloid reeled back and roared in pain, claws scrambling to try and remove the searing blade from her back. As soon as she released the pressure off of Wraith, the Reploid vanished in a swirling black mist, only to reappear above a still on-the-defensive Elpizo. His entire frame tensed, drawing in as much energy as the feeble connection to the Cyberworld would allow, eyes glowing a ghastly green from underneath his hood. The room, already enshrouded in a dim twilight, became significantly darker.

Unable to focus much of his attention to his adversary's actions above him, Copy Elpizo decided to change the tide of the battle. Generating another aura about his free hand, he blasted a wide shockwave in Sola's direction, before swiftly backpedaling and catching Phantom's arm on the point of his rapier. The attack he had unleashed caught Sola full in the gut, sending her sprawling onto the floor with a muted grunt of pain. Phantom merely winced from the retaliation, before vanishing to avoid further injury. He swiftly reappeared next to the fallen pink Reploid, ready to make her disappear should another attack head her way. "This does not bode well - he is proving too adept at any range," he murmured. Phantom was, unfortunately, no tactician. Assassination was his trade, and one could hardly assassinate a fully aware foe.

Last edited by SwampertOwnage on Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:39 am

Marina's voice shot through everyone's Commlinks with a frantic warning. "'Cover your ears, now!'"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:51 am

Swiftly complying, Phantom clasped Sola's hands to her earpieces. The young Reploid quickly got the message and took control of the action herself, as the Guardian did the same with his own. Elpizo, looking quite perplexed, happened to look upwards. His eye widened as he saw Wraith charging above him, but before an attack could be made, the ghostly hybrid unleashed his charge. A massive surge of energy exploded outward, laced with waves of horrific screams. The entire fortress shook, walls in the immediate vicinity cracking, with marble pillars being reduced to rubble. Poler, by now having whirled about in an attempt to crush Kosa, was blown to pieces by the assault. Directly below the epicenter of the explosion, the floor was turned into a wide crater, filling the entire throne room with dust from finely ground stonework.

~~~~

As Team A was bearing down upon the same chamber, Wraith's scream echoed throughout the castle. Dracoex froze in his tracks, his emerald eyes growing from surprise. It was even enough to halt Falcona's bloodthirsty flight, the Predator Reploid staring down the hall in disbelief. "He's... he's already using that attack...?"
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:56 am

Nebula shook his head. "A copy of Elpizo shouldn't be that strong... what kind of power does he have? Was he built with combat in mind, or did he get his hands on something?"

In an attempt to seize on the opportunity, Kosa dashed straight for Master E and tried to drive his saber into him before firing off an explosive blast from the same weapon. If we ease up against him, we might all die. It's that Model W...
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:05 am

"That's what worries me," Dracoex replied before resuming the dash to the throne room. "We mustn't tarry! Our allies can't last long against him if he is indeed this powerful!"

~~~~

As Wraith fell earthward, a clawed hand caught him by the throat. His armor charred and chipped in a scant few places, a very livid Master E glared at the exhausted hybrid in his grasp. "You insolent abomination-" And at that moment, Kosa's charged blast impacted the copy square on the back, causing him to lose his grip upon Wraith. Hoping to at least regenerate enough energy to move, he dispersed into the Cyberworld. However, as Kosa's blade impacted the Copy's armor, it merely pinged off of it's surface. The black Reploid received a sharp backhand across the face, the point of his glowing rapier threateningly nudging his gut.

"Pathetic little interlopers, all of you. How on earth have mites so weak managed to stall me thus far?" Pulling back his blade, he glowered in a twisted fashion. "At the very least, I can begin ridding myself of you pests here and now."
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:20 am

Spotting something strange up ahead, Nebula focuses on it. "...The door's blown wide open."

Marina took careful aim and fired a shot, straight for Elpizo's head, trying to keep him from impaling Kosa. "If you're not paying attention, even a bunch of insects and take you down."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:31 am

The attack was effective for it's intended purpose, but did nothing more than just that. He was about to reply with a scathing, overly-worded rebuke, when the sight of a whole host of other Reploids appeared in the doorway. Falcona was the first one in, eyes scanning the room for Wraith. Seeing no sight of her comrade, the Predator Reploid's open hand tightened into a quivering fist, her eyes flashing a momentary red as they focused upon their common foe. "You... you rotten son of a bitch... I'm gonna crush you into the ground so hard that you won't be able to tell the difference between you and a discarded china set!"

Meanwhile, Leviathan dashed over to where a wounded Phantom and Sola lay. "Brother, you're wounded! Here, we need to pull you two out - it's not safe to hang around like this!" Phantom knew he'd be a hindrance, but Sola didn't want any of it. Standing up, the speedy robot's eyes glimmered with determination, slightly tinged with fatigue. "I'm not giving up... not yet. I can't!" The Ice Guardian gently put a hand on Sola's arm, her face one of concern. "Sola, just from looking at this mess, not even Kosa could touch Copy Elpizo. Don't throw your life away over this - what would Ciel think?"

This gave pause to the young Reploid, and eventually, reluctantly, she relented. "...f-fine. Nebula!" she called out to her friend, before drawing a thumb across her throat and nodding towards Copy Elpizo, following after Leviathan and Phantom shortly afterward.
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:00 am

Nodding, Nebula stepped forward, cold fury in his eyes. "Just so you know, Copy Elpizo... I'm going to fight you at full power from the start."

[Scanning...]
[Error.]
[Error.]
[Error.]
[Subject: Copy Elpizo, Alias: Master E]
[Equipped with Model W. Estimated threat class is exceptionally high. Exercise extreme caution.]
[Obtaining weapon data...]
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:21 am

A sudden flash of purple, and every single individual still present found themselves frozen in temporal stasis, a Model W-enhanced variation of Elpizo's Energy Net skill. All with the exception of Nebula, that was. "I was wondering when you'd finally show up, you nettlesome bother. What a pain you and your friends have been, forestalling the inevitable over and over, all while never having the decency to meet me face to face. Even your friend Kosa over there had more gumption than you possess."

Raising his blade, the Copy glowered at the White Reploid. "I think I'll skewer you first. After all, destroying the alpha will leave the pack in disarray, correct? En garde, traitor!" Immediately, he dashed forward, intent on running Nebula clean through the chest.
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:27 am

Equipping his claws, Nebula caught the oncoming attack and slashed at the copy's chest, then took his other hand off the rapier to deliver a straight punch. "Don't think I'll go down so easily, replica!"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next