TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Org. XIV (story)

+9
khfreak358
Whats_Up4444
NebulaGregarZX
Maverick Entity
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
ARanger
Skazzasurf
Haar_Dragon
Stormwolfex
13 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Org. XIV (story) - Page 40 Empty Re: Org. XIV (story)

Post  Stormwolfex Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:52 pm

"Alright. Let's get out of this dreary place," Archer muttered as she followed after Nick with a cursory glance around them to make sure they weren't being followed.
Stormwolfex
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:21 pm

Nick pushed on through the woods, eventually he saw the light of the outside breaking through at the edge of the forest and stepped out into the field just outside the village, "Almost there." He said determinedly before continuing on toward Synthisle Castle.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:31 am

<Sorry about that, Nebula. I've been busy. Procrastinating. Damn you, Internet reviewers!>

"Uh-huh," said Hayner, his tone of voice suggesting he wasn't buying it. "And you managed to pull off these effects so quickly, how, exactly?"

[i]Yeah, good luck explaining that one, Al, Siks sent to Aleri via mindlink, letting Susan in as well.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:55 am

Aleri didn't let the panic show on his face.

"Dangit, Siks, I'm gonna get you for this... Ignoring the fact that it's my fault!"

"Well, see I always have stuff like this on me." His arm twitched, and a small red bead fell from his sleeve into his palm. "It's like a mini flare. I'd let you gys try it out, but there's a trick to it, and it'd take months to teach you to pull it off without burning yourselves."

To demonstrate, he threw it into the air, and it exploded and a highly exaggerated ball of flame, which quickly disappeared.

"See, the weapon looks pretty dumb when it's collapsed. I like to make a real show of opening it, with flashy lights and stuff. 'Sides, The process of unfolding it turns it inside-out, so I use its compressed form to write stuff down. Some of it is kinda disturbing, so I wouldn't recommend reading it. Most of it was written when I was put into a coma because of a serious toxin."

He took a rectangle out of his sleeve. There were words on it, but he waved it around too fast to see them. "This stuff could either snap your rational mind instantly, or just make you die laughing at how I could think it's disturbing." He flicked his wrist while holding it, and it became TELOS. Unfortunately for them, the transition (despite not being obscured by light) was too fast.

"I can't make it change any slower, because it requires kinetic energy to complete the transition, and fixing it after a half-transition is never fun. In fact, I kinda forget how some of it works, so taking it apart to show you would be a bad idea, too. I usually cover the transition with flashy effects."

He snapped his fingers and pointed in various directions, causing bright, flashy, colorful words to appear before flickering out.

Master Special Effects Wizaaaaaaaard!

I hate acting like this, but it's better than exolaining the reality to them...
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:20 am

I wouldn't try anything if I were you, Susan warned, It may not be a graze, this time.

Still feel like trying something? Siks ended the link there, not needing to hear the answer.

"Sure," said Hayner, though his tone of voice showed this was far from over.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:28 am

When Aleri turned to see if they were still there, Lance, Thalia, and Maya had dissappeared. A note along with a small pouch of money lay where Lance was once standing. It read...

"Went to the beach. Meet us there if you want. The munny's for a tram ticket... or just pocket it and DC. I really don't care. -_-" The blatantence of the note as well as the hand writing and smiley indicated it was Thalia who had left the note but they indeed had all left.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:41 am

X-Sigma looked over his shoulder. "Hmph. An intruder." He turned around and put an arm out in front of Hartz. "Stay back."

"N...No way! He's one of the ones...the ones at Kingdom Hearts, when..." He trailed off. "I'm not standing back!"

"Tch. You're staying back. You're not the only one who's hired me. I've been paid to keep you from dying. Why do you think I trained you? Why do you think I'm still training you?"

Aaron pointed his gun at the center of the white sweatshirt. "This is very touching and everything. But still. You, with the sweatshirt. You invaded our castle. Now, I get to kill you."

X-Sigma broke out into a fit of violent laughter. "You, kill me?" He doubled over and staggered back. "You don't know how many of them fought me and almost died, do you?" He dropped to his knees. "And you think you alone can beat me?"

"I alone have a gun. They did not. End of discussion." Aaron pulled back the hammer, but was blasted in the face by what appeared to be wind. "Hey, what--" The kid behind X-Sigma was holding a green sword now.

"He's not the one who's gonna be dying right now. I've reserved that right for you!"

Aaron pointed his cocked gun at the kid. "If you insist, I'll take you out first."
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:09 pm

<Okay, after that gun line, all I can think of is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzZxBUxg0Sg&nomobile=1

<And, sadly, I've never even seen any of the Evil Dead movies.>
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:01 pm

"Don't healers normally reside outside the village though?" Archer pointed out realistically as Nick began heading in the direction of the castle.
Stormwolfex
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:45 pm

<Neither have I, but that was essentially what I was picturing. Even without ever having seen that scene. No pun intended.>

Hartz swung his sword. No way this guy was going to take him out during a practice session! The burst of Wind magic pushed Aaron back toward where he'd entered, but the man quickly fired off a shot. The wind resistance, however, quickly pushed it aside, sending it harmlessly into the darkness.

"Wind...Got to figure out how to circumvent Wind..." It might not be quite that easy.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:32 pm

Aleri picked it up. "Well, if you don't believe me, I can't help it. I mean, if the unlikely option is the only possible solution, then it must be correct, right? I mean, how else do you explain all that? Magic?" He shrugged and started for Station Heights.

Vita followed him. "Guys! Let's meet up again sometime!"

In the traincar...

"Any reason you're coming with?" Aleri asked.

Vita sighed. "I was bored. I thought I'd hang out with you and your friends for a while longer. I can't put my finger on it, but something's... magnetic about you guys. Especially the one with the black hair."

Aleri looked out the window. "I should mention up front, he's already got a girlfriend."

She gave a short laugh. "So I noticed."

"No point getting attached to strangers, right?"

"Actually..."

Her response surprised him. "...You want to get attached to people you'll probably never see again? A part of you will wait for the rest of your life to see them once more, or you'll just forget them."

"No. People who are a part of your heart, stay a part of it. Even if I never see you guys again..." She smiled. "...I'll still remember you all."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:59 am

Lance and Thalia were sitting peacefully together on the shoreline, Lance's arm wrapped around her shoulders, her head resting against his shoulder.

Maya sat in the sand not far from them using walls of illusion to create different sculptures out of sand, several small children had gathered to watch her work as she laughed happily.

SYNTHISLE

Nick shook his head, "Most of them have taken up work in the infirmary... But, the ones on the edge of town are closer. You're right, Archer, Thanks." He then moved to head towards the local healer.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:21 am

Aaron jumped, trying to run into the strong headwind, with little luck. He had to get out...if X-Sigma recovered, it might well be the end. It had to end. Fast. He examined his gun...there probably wasn't a better way. He waited for a break in the wind and threw the weapon at Hartz. He was stunned by the fact that someone would throw their weapon like that, and staggered back when it made contact with his forehead. By that time, Aaron was gone.
---
Daniel snapped upward, awake, but banged his head on the bedframe. He rubbed his head where he'd hit it and rolled out from under it. Damn it! It's only getting worse here... His dreams of his time as a Nobody had dominated his sleep. His acts sickened him. He needed to get out of there, at least for the night. He jumped up onto the window-sill and looked out, crouching. Three options. One, stay. Hell no. Two, jump and die. He wanted this to be over, but not that badly. Three...run. Not even forever. Just until he could make himself stop thinking of the past. ...There really was no contest. So why did his legs feel like lead, unwilling to move?
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:45 pm

"I've got to say though, she's got no magic resistance whatsoever," Archer muttered under her breath. "I think it's safe to say she's a regular human being. I don't know about you but if she wants to fight then she better start taking lessons."
Stormwolfex
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:50 pm

Back in the main town of Radiant Garden, Aaron stopped. "Note to self...make wind-resistant rounds." He opened a DC. "Okay, that's enough for the day. I'm going back." He entered the DC and reappeared in his room.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:56 pm

Nick nodded in agreement, "I'd offer to teach her but judging her personality thus far... I doubt she'll accept me as a mentor." He used his back to open the door to the small healer's shop and a young girl dressed in a long white robe with red fringes greeted them.

"Injured?" She inquired timidly, seemingly intimidated by Nick's and Archer's presences.

Nick frowned, "Sylvia, she got ambushed by a Parasite Cage. She doesn't have anything in the way of magic resistance... Can you help her?" He asked politely.

The young white mage nodded, "Set her down in the back. I can cure her with some magic. Just a Raise spelll, Unbind, and Cura. Nothing to costly. She'll be fine." Her demeanor had seemed to have suddenly changed by Nick's attitude as she set about finding the appropriate text as Nick set Slyvia down on the bed.

Nick turned and gave the young girl a look of appreciation, "How much will it cost me?"

The robed girl shook her head, "Not now, please let me concentrate. We'll discuss prices afterwards. Nothing over 200 munny. Promise." She said lightly as she ushered Nick away and began a soothing incantation.

-------

https://tital.rpg-board.net/viewtopic.forum?t=157
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40